FAO: owner of lot 1680

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
There is something fishy about your Consignment Merchant..
If you go to the Market Explorer and search for ie. "Winds Hardened Leggings" or 99qua cloak with quickness on it you will find that those itams are listed to be found at house 1680 ad happily you run to buy, and when you get there the only thing you find is some scrolls necklaces and an axe..
I went back to Market Explorers and searched again.. to my supprise the itams were still listed to be at house 1680 :eek7:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Most likely you got the lot number wrong. I have done that a few times myself :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I think if someone tries to buy an Item from a CM that they dont have enough money for there is a bug where it removes it from the CM's window but it still appears on market browser searches.

The houseowner needs to reset it
Its happened to me a few times, very annoying to spend 15 mins lagging thru housing only to get there and be dissapointed

Lifetime

Fledgling Freddie
if you accidently pick your merchant up whith items still on it they are lost yet still appear on the market explorer. not sure if this can still happen in this patch but you could lose everything on it in 1.67 :)

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Picking up the CM never made you lose any items..
If the house owner uses /listmerchant twice that would hopefully fix it.

I've seen this problem before, sure sometimes people remember numbers wrong, but this bug is real. Also there are sometimes some bugged items in the Market Explorer with completely weird stats :)

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
if the house owner do /listmerchant and deactivate the CM to been seen in market exlorer , the market exlorer will continue to display the stuff but will not update if they are sold - so if after doing /listmerchant for 2nd time the items are sold u can still c them in market explorer . i find it as a reasonable explanation but not sure though . it happened to me when i went to by a damyon journal scroll for 1.4p and it wasnt there ;) i think all seers have experienced that ^^.

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
im gonna check if there have been any reports to mythic about this.. or else im gonna report it.. cuz this is kinda disturbing :(

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
I have had the same problem twice this week, and I do have enough money for the stuff in his CM, so that one is BS :)

It's a really annoying bug and I hope they fix it soon!

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
I have had this as well with a scroll I want,only one person selling it.I ran out to his house and the cm was empty,so went back to the search engine and it still shows the scroll as being there.
I have been trying to pm him/her but he is prolly on an alt I know nothing about,as i haven't seen him/her on for at least a week.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Someone didn't do /listmerchant twice after patch?
Think patch notes said something about it.

Darkopus

Fledgling Freddie
There was a bug fixed in 1.68:

- Trying to purchase an item from a consignment merchant and being refused for not having enough money will no longer result in the item being removed from Market Explorer searches. We strongly recommend that all players with a consignment merchant go to their merchant and use /listmerchant to refresh their listings in the consignment market.

It isn't until 1.69 that we have to relist everything:

- The Market Explorer database has been cleared. Players who have listed their consignment merchant on the Market Explorer will need to re-list their vendors to have their wares show up in market searches. To re-list the consignment merchant, type /listmerchant twice.

My conclusion is that the item is missing due to the bug that was fixed in 1.68. They then probably realised that these items were still showing as missing, so cleared down the database in 1.69 to force everyone to relist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom