FAO Mids campin alb poc entrance right now

Lexxus

Fledgling Freddie
only way u can get rps by killing ppl that zone in and are unbuffed ? lol

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The easy way to get an answer to that would be by asking Stalky or Elitestoner.

Dude, it's a frontier zone. The reward is great there (exp and ra respec stones)... but, the dangers are equally high. Don't like it? Use a less dangerous zone! :)

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
It's been said before and i'll say it again, you enter rvr area, you take the risk of dying.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I just got ganked by two rangers at the mid PoC. Shot me in the back, and when I turned around they FZ'd both bots away before piling on me. Didn't bother to fight back really - not much I can do against two of those dipsticks at the same time. :)

Although I do object to one thing - calling it 'RVR', for it's not comparable to RvR in the frontier. It's just ganking - it's no more RVR than Darkness Falls was RvR, preying on xpers.

Shit happens.

Lexxus

Fledgling Freddie
well mythic better fix this soon, i mean how hard can it be to change so u can zone out where u zone in ? easiest way to prevent this lame behaviour

Ucallme

Banned
Lexxus said:
well mythic better fix this soon, i mean how hard can it be to change so u can zone out where u zone in ? easiest way to prevent this lame behaviour

Thats actually not a bad idea, hope they introduce this to PoC...

Amphrax
Ucallme

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Orenthal said:
It's been said before and i'll say it again, you enter rvr area, you take the risk of dying.

Not true.

When entering NF you are surrounded by like 50+ purp guards and thus safe from the enemy.

When entering Darkness Falls you are up a giant staircase and safe from the enemy.

When entering a BG you start inside a PK which is safe from the enemy.

The only place I can think off where you are at risk just after zoning in is PoC (or the ML2.10 step where you can just fall straight off the edge while zoning)

A simple solution would be to give the players zoning complete imunity for 10
seconds or so such that if they can see that they are about to be ganked they can simply walk out again.

You might say that all this would achieve is to move the campers back a bit down the tunnel, but at least you wouldn't be killed before your computer has finished loading the zone properly.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lexxus said:

They actually made it like this to prevent people playing with the immunity timer.

Now dont ask me; but Mythic did make this way of entering and exiting on purpose :eek2:

Just think of PoC of *NOT* a safezone; perhaps best to imagine it as 'teleporting to Brynja now!'. The rewards in PoC can be very good (decent steady XP; respec stones; as pointed out by Orenthal) and with that there comes a big risk.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc it can be fixed if there is a will

Well first of all I have to say that I dont condone this behaviour (we all know that its easy to get kills when camping the zoning entrance to poc and normal people would just admit that and stay away from there just out of fairness). But since that wount happen anytime soon (from any realm since there are alot of people that cant tell the difference between real rvr and unfair rvr) (Ganging/killing anyone outside in the rvr zone any way you like is fair rvr but taking someone who has just zoned and just due to mythic mornic misscalulations isnt immune to death until he is ready isnt fair, just an exploit of something not yet defined as a bug even though it in all normal minds should be). I have to say that we have to live with it...and there are always people lame enough to camp the entrances from all realms (and Im sorry to say that some midgardians fall to this temptation too). But in my utopia alla would just rise above it all and try to use their common scence and play fair...even though its not against the rules. So a call to all of you...play fair, dont just aim to ruin the NF experience to all by exploting not yet fixed/know bugs for easy rps...

/Charmangle

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I just got ganked by two rangers at the mid PoC. Shot me in the back, and when I turned around they FZ'd both bots away before piling on me. Didn't bother to fight back really - not much I can do against two of those dipsticks at the same time. :)

Although I do object to one thing - calling it 'RVR', for it's not comparable to RvR in the frontier. It's just ganking - it's no more RVR than Darkness Falls was RvR, preying on xpers.

Shit happens.
do u fish by any chance.... :touch:
such lies .. there was 3 of u, 2 of us close range unbuffed rangers and only one of you got Fz`d cus there was only one of us with the ability... RvR zone buddy ya know the risks..
cya next time.. :cheers:

this wasnt at the entrance i may add..

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
The easy way to get an answer to that would be by asking Stalky or Elitestoner.

Well, I am mostly unbuffed too, only not if some1 take a bb with him, or a cleric comes too -p. But u can buff up with shammie at the entrance... (there is a "crash" in graphic on the group, from where u won1T be safe vs enemy players, but if u stay in the safe zone, u can rb till the immunity wears of)

and in poc there is a less chance not being zerged down, and there is almost something in there. ^^

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Lexxus said:

Think puppet said same thing, but it used to be extremely annoying peeps chain porting in and out of marfach/summoners hall/etc to avoid getting rightously killed in OF...this is the alternative.

tbh I think most peeps only go down there to kill xpers cos they are v bored or fancy a change from same old same old.

Mael, 50th ment.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I am not complaining about you fighting there Stalky, just pointing out all realms do it.

Usually people are pretty safe if being in small groups or xp'ing close to each other. Only time this is not true is when a FG run's through (I think Grimnur's Guard and Eclipse does this sometimes when going to bed <shrug>).

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Norcott said:
do u fish by any chance.... :touch:
such lies .. there was 3 of u, 2 of us close range unbuffed rangers and only one of you got Fz`d cus there was only one of us with the ability... RvR zone buddy ya know the risks..
cya next time.. :cheers:

this wasnt at the entrance i may add..

Both are bots - One for the buffs, the other being the character I'm levelling 5 arties up on, so they're both effectively AFK (You already chewed through my DI by the time I noticed you shooting me in the back) If I remember correctly I had two or three orange con mobs on me when you attacked me. (If you'd attacked sooner, I would have had 5 on me! Such restraint. :)

Do read my posting again. I never said it was at the entrance of the zone - it was just down the hallway, where the PoC mobs start. I was waiting for a level 22 guildie who wanted xp as well. And yes, you two ganked the hunter who was on his way as well. :0

As far as I'm concerned, PoC is not an RvR zone - it's just a gankfest since you have every advantage. Unbuffed rangers? A class that has a build-in buff line comes unbuffed? You know what the ironic part is - I'm building a healer to provide much needed support to regular RvR in an attempt to help in a situation where RvR has devolvedto stealther wars and pug without support and I get ganked by the reason why RvR sucks so much according to the majority of the players. Heh.

Normally I wouldn't care much about being ganked, but that was just the fifth setback that evening. I released and went to bed. :)

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
erm what orenthal said really
its funny that no more 'grey ganking' threads occur now , only poc kills whine
if u dont like being killed in poc , dont go there ~
those bloody artifacts xp in other zones too ~
and as far as im concerned , poc is an rvr zone just like df

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Ok teslar, lets look at it another way.. were we actually xping further down the corridor pulling from first chamber not camping and ganking, and ok were in mid side poc, obviously to get xp/rp. if you had seen us before we saw you, would you have set about us in mid pull.. think you would, and to be fair Rangers self buffs arnt exactly up to the same standard as ur shammys buffs are they .. plus u have a shield.. thats why we hit you from behind, and wots more .. didnt look like 2 bots to us.. 1 bot maybe but the shammy looked pretty active and taking 2 bots into a rvr dungeon.. cmon do ya really think ur not gunna get ganked.. and yes ill hold my hands up to the nasty murder that took place not long after we killed you, slightly unfair but we were helping the guy out it was abvious he`d come for Pling but ud gone.. so we saved him the trip back :) there was an infil around when we murdered you that could have added on to us but didnt .. we actually got him just after.. but if its any consolation to ya we got ganked not long after.. ;)

chin up dont take it to hard.. cya next time.. :wij:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla has my full support :) it is just a gank fest. Causing people xp deaths also is just down right dispicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom