FAO midgaard's PvE guilds

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
as it is now, lots of midgaards PvE guilds HATE Bad Omen. The reason given is almost always cause we are jerks and dont care about the realm.
those saying that i doubt know us very well, yes it's true we dont put so much effort into sharing PvE experiences with the rest of midgaard, it's also true that we dont go in random groups in RvR and when we do so only do so with a few people. So in a lot of ways we dont have contact with you guys.

reasons for the above 2 is first of all PvE isn't our focus, we are focused on RvR and therefore dont PvE much, reason for not doing randoms often is cause we see this as a competetive game of team deathmatch in quake 3 or so. what we get our enjoyment from is battling the other guilds like us and testing our skill. this is also why we often dont invite many others, cause we are used to working together in a certain way, and people not experienced in our tactics will make us loose, as the competition is very hard.

that said we dont hate you guys, or piss on you or anything, we just tend to hang around those more like minded to us, like Maelstrom and Everlast.

your focus of the game is PvE and rightly so and we dont interfere there, neither do we interfeer in RvR with you guys, exept that we dont like you to add on us, since we want fair fights.

Now the other day there was an unfortunate incident were some of our members actually did PvE some, and it interfeered unfortunately with a Venom's plans. I'm sorry for that, we didn't know about the booking system and I apologize for the intrusion into PvE without having checked all the customs of behaviour. However i'm very much disapointed in the way that a lot of midgardians acted towards us. those ppl PvE'ing were told to leave immedieatly, no compromisses were trying to be worked out, venom's ppl saw that we were BO and therefore naturally we all knew about the booking system and tried to piss you off. NO we didn't. Try to be more friendly next time Venom.

now in recent posts i see lots of things like, well it's just BO that are dicks etc.
now think very hard when do you see posts like that from us, about PvE guilds. NEVER. Remeem made a post like that, but it was in retaliation to an un necesary flame post from BloodOmen.

have you ever stopped to think, that it might acutally be a lot of you that a prejudice towards Bad Omen. and if we are grumpy some times it might be cause of the continuating flames of our guild. I know a lot of you say blejs did that blejs did this, Blejs aint here anymore i'm the new GM. so will you please stop branding us, and actually try to communicate with us, and you'll most likely discover that we aren't as bad as people make us out to be. So next time writting random BO flames, think about how you yourself have acted towards BO.

Baduska/Bloody GM of Bad Omen

Blain

Fledgling Freddie
New GM, new era.

Don't know about anybody else, but im prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
well i never really had issues with you before, but can i flame you plz :cheers:

arawem

Loyal Freddie
Hope u are right m8, i really hope so, but BO have gained its reputation with its members acts.

For those who say that u dont have to judge a guild becuase of what some members do, just let me say that its the members who make the guild, unless im wrong "guild" is not an active player, so "guilds" can not act their own.

Just a little example. Last time i went to RvR i arrived Emain and yell the usual LFG, a nice guy invited me to join a group where a BO healer was 2, he was the only healer in the group, and when he saw i was a thane, he told the group leader that if i stayed in the group he would leave. Dont remember who he was, but is all this little things that make u a bad name guys. Of course i left the group.

Thats why i really hope u guys have changed the way u act with the rest of the ppl.

I must say that i have also met some nice ppl inside BO, but bad actions usually are more evident than good ones.

My 2 cents. Not trying to make this a flame post :m00:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
arawem said:
Just a little example. Last time i went to RvR i arrived Emain and yell the usual LFG, a nice guy invited me to join a group where a BO healer was 2, he was the only healer in the group, and when he saw i was a thane, he told the group leader that if i stayed in the group he would leave. Dont remember who he was, but is all this little things that make u a bad name guys. Of course i left the group.

Thats beeing an arse and an elitist that wants to exclude some ppl/classes from a group for the reason the class isnt opted for rvr (such as thane is)

I wouldnt judge a whole guild after such behaviour of one person. If it happens more then one time then i start to wounder...

When I then get kicked out of a group couse my healer lacks 2 levels in pac I get pissed off.

If I get treated like you did there ara, id talk to the GM of the guild in question. Imo, shouldnt be tolerated :/

NecromancerBane

Fledgling Freddie
I think most people dislike BadOmen because of the childish immature attitudes they have, they show 0 respect to anyone they see below them on the RvR scene, they get nasty and abusive if you add into one of their fights even if your actually helping them out then they see no problem zerging in someone else's fight. They wont group or even zerg with lower guilds and even won't rez people at times because it leaves them vunerable. They say they are a RvR guild so they think they don't have to respect the PvE rules set into place and accepted by the PvE community. Yes its a competetive in RvR as you say abit like Q3A deathmatch but its still a game, I played Unrealtournament at a national level representing my country and you always want to win but the people who let being some of the best around get to their head and acted like pricks were generally disliked by alot of people.

What BadOmen need to learn is you can be the best at something but that doesnt grant you automatic respect you need to earn that.

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
so you are pissed becourse he did not to play in a group with a thane?
BO is a RvR guild and we wish to do well, playing in a bad group is just not fun for us. So must of us will not play in not opted groups, and a group with a thane is far from opted.

Those groups are not fun for us, so you will see us leave those groups.

We have our play style, I am sorry if you don't like it, but we like you pay to play, and we play to have fun. Don't ask us to change that, we would not do the same to you tbh.

I understadn why you think it is bad manners to ask someone else to leave group, but I am sure it was more a offer then a demand, and the group was quite wellcome to keep the thane, and the healer would just leave.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

the main reason for all the biterness and hate is pure jealousy. random groups suck, its a known fact, they cannot compete these days so they cannot RvR. when they see BO / EL / Mael raking in shed loads of rps, getting high real rank, then doing high end pve with ooober RA's, it pisses the people off who want to do it, but cant.... so what they do is the pick on a single induvidual, or small group, out of an entier guild and lable that guild as eliteist pricks.

its sad but true.

never had a problem with BO, never will probably.... talked to most of them and they are nice guys imo. big respect and do great shit for the realm.

on a side note, i too get jealous, i want a decent rvr group, i wanna get rr8 etc, go wtfpwn enemies, but with rvr pickup groups as they are, it will never happen, so my advice to anyone else in the same situation.... roll an SB! :D

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
never really had a problem with BO, always found em helpful if ive asked them to do anything.

big thanks to bloody and the rest for coming out this lunch time and helping with the relic raid, made it much easier for us. cheers lads!

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
Thats beeing an arse and an elitist that wants to exclude some ppl/classes from a group for the reason the class isnt opted for rvr (such as thane is)

I wouldnt judge a whole guild after such behaviour of one person. If it happens more then one time then i start to wounder...

When I then get kicked out of a group couse my healer lacks 2 levels in pac I get pissed off.

If I get treated like you did there ara, id talk to the GM of the guild in question. Imo, shouldnt be tolerated :/

perhaps those 2 pac points were vital for better CC? But before inviting ppl they should know what specc they are IMO so these things doesnt happen.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I like what you´re trying to do Baduska, and I for one will be happy to help out BO if they should need it :)

of course having only recently transferred to mid I have the advantage of not having old grudges served for lunch for a few months :)
-
anyways expect to hear from me ingame, I have a few things I´d like to discuss with you :)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Makwaerk said:
so you are pissed becourse he did not to play in a group with a thane?
BO is a RvR guild and we wish to do well, playing in a bad group is just not fun for us. So must of us will not play in not opted groups, and a group with a thane is far from opted.

Those groups are not fun for us, so you will see us leave those groups.

We have our play style, I am sorry if you don't like it, but we like you pay to play, and we play to have fun. Don't ask us to change that, we would not do the same to you tbh.

I understadn why you think it is bad manners to ask someone else to leave group, but I am sure it was more a offer then a demand, and the group was quite wellcome to keep the thane, and the healer would just leave.

So you think the group would keep the Thane when facing the possibility of loosing their only healer? Naive...

You dont have fun in pickupgroups dont play them, stay playing with your guildgrp, if you cant take an hour of your life to make someone else have fun you shouldnt interact with other ppl at all, keep playing singleplayer games. Harsh but thats how I feel. ;)

That said to that post I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with BO, the litlle I have seen or heard from them they have always been polite and they do a shitload for the realm. Great ppl IMO.
I understand and fully agree with that if they want comeptitive RvR they need to play with a close well organised team, BUT if they do want to play in random grps then dont force other ppl to leave just cause they dont fit the profile, just go with it and have a laugh guys.

Just my opinion, bring the flames if you need dont care ;)

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Dumle said:
So you think the group would keep the Thane when facing the possibility of loosing their only healer? Naive...

You dont have fun in pickupgroups dont play them, stay playing with your guildgrp, if you cant take an hour of your life to make someone else have fun you shouldnt interact with other ppl at all, keep playing singleplayer games. Harsh but thats how I feel. ;)

That said to that idiotic post I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with BO, the litlle I have seen or heard from them they have always been polite and they do a shitload for the realm. Great ppl IMO.
I understand and fully agree with that if they want comeptitive RvR they need to play with a close well organised team, BUT if they do want to play in random grps then dont force other ppl to leave just cause they dont fit the profile, just go with it and have a laugh guys.

Just my opinion, bring the flames if you need dont care ;)

Indeed that would work. But afaik most invaders run rvr opted groups which mean they will have an advantage, slight perhaps but still. And with an opted group you know that if you loose you prob. do it because they performed better then you did. And I doubt ayone thinks it is funny to port emain, buff up etc, run to mmg and get spanked, then sit on pad to emain or wherever for like 10 mins and then go emain and get spanked withing 2 mins. Speaking for myself here, I would not like to play in randomgroups (and I don't) since the whine is rather hard to avoid when you get frustrated on beeing a big cow that screams "squeeeze me baby one more time" because you got 1-2 people in group with "rvr-weak" chars.

NecromancerBane

Fledgling Freddie
I really think boom hasn't got it, maybe his ego is blocking his understanding, Jealousy about RvR from PvE guilds? erm not really firing on all cylinders there boom. As i said people don't like BO because your rude and immature.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely that is your choice of not running in a grp you dont like, and as you said you choose not to ;)
But saying as only healer in a grp "Kick the gimp out or I leave" is just lame I think, sure leave the grp fine, but dont force the other guy to go, cause that is in effect what he is doing then. ;) Not a chance they will keep anyone over a healer in RvR.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Reebs said:
perhaps those 2 pac points were vital for better CC? But before inviting ppl they should know what specc they are IMO so these things doesnt happen.

it was fookin random group mate...not some opted to the tits gank group

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Just a question, if thanes are so gimped and not allowed in rvr otped groups, how come Divious was in BO?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
Just a question, if thanes are so gimped and not allowed in rvr otped groups, how come Divious was in BO?
He is rr10 Thane of d00m!1!!1111

kain

Fledgling Freddie
As the ol’ saying goes…

“With great power comes a great responsibility”

There seems to be a me me me attitude, and ok we’re all here to have fun but it’s a MMORPG (we stick together or we get destroyed).

We all have the right to play how we like, but the majority hope we can combine our forces and destroy the enemy… Quake is a different game with no lasting consequences.

My personal opinion, I’m not a fan of BO. Mainly cos their the reason my old guild EoO that I loved, started to die (in my mind, so yeah I’m biased). Others will dislike them out of jealousy and some because many a member of their’s has been know to have an ego the size of America, only takes a few to get a rep.

But the past is the past and this is a good a time as any to be seen doing good for the realm.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie

Divious is old member and good player. Which partially makes up for his class lackin abilities. Also he got other chars then Divious.

And hi all. I m remeem u r realmm8

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Reebs said:
Indeed that would work. But afaik most invaders run rvr opted groups which mean they will have an advantage, slight perhaps but still. And with an opted group you know that if you loose you prob. do it because they performed better then you did. And I doubt ayone thinks it is funny to port emain, buff up etc, run to mmg and get spanked, then sit on pad to emain or wherever for like 10 mins and then go emain and get spanked withing 2 mins. Speaking for myself here, I would not like to play in randomgroups (and I don't) since the whine is rather hard to avoid when you get frustrated on beeing a big cow that screams "squeeeze me baby one more time" because you got 1-2 people in group with "rvr-weak" chars.

but the thane is only "rvr-weak" against opted groups tbh :p

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
NecromancerBane said:
I think most people dislike BadOmen because of the childish immature attitudes they have, they show 0 respect to anyone they see below them on the RvR scene, they get nasty and abusive if you add into one of their fights even if your actually helping them out then they see no problem zerging in someone else's fight. They wont group or even zerg with lower guilds and even won't rez people at times because it leaves them vunerable. They say they are a RvR guild so they think they don't have to respect the PvE rules set into place and accepted by the PvE community. Yes its a competetive in RvR as you say abit like Q3A deathmatch but its still a game, I played Unrealtournament at a national level representing my country and you always want to win but the people who let being some of the best around get to their head and acted like pricks were generally disliked by alot of people.

What BadOmen need to learn is you can be the best at something but that doesnt grant you automatic respect you need to earn that.

by the sound of thiis you'd be quite happy to group my lvl 7 sb if you make a guild exp grp in malmo, or wouldn't mind at all if we leeched your mobs, or finished a named off and took the look by adding in after you had done all of the work to get there
quite often fgvsfg both grps will haveburnt a lot of ras and power before anyone actually dies, so when you've finially broken the other grp after a long fight and much ra/pot usage and some group that wouldn't have stood a chance runs in and gets half the credit... its annoying
exactly the same as if you cleard the way to a named in tg, then someone just ran straight in and killed it

and as for the rezzing part, why should they do something that means they to will have to wait an extra 10 minutes for a port, and more buffing up etc
i'm very suprised your whinning about them not grouping with lower players if you used to play UT at national level
if you where playing national level ut, would you want someone who still only uses a keyboard on your ctf team?

random groups can be fun, but only when set up properly, random groups with a bad setup are nothing more than suicide with the number of fotm groups out there most of the time

blejs

Loyal Freddie
kain said:
As the ol’ saying goes…

“With great power comes a great responsibility”

There seems to be a me me me attitude, and ok we’re all here to have fun but it’s a MMORPG (we stick together or we get destroyed).

We all have the right to play how we like, but the majority hope we can combine our forces and destroy the enemy… Quake is a different game with no lasting consequences.

My personal opinion, I’m not a fan of BO. Mainly cos their the reason my old guild EoO that I loved, started to die (in my mind, so yeah I’m biased). Others will dislike them out of jealousy and some because many a member of their’s has been know to have an ego the size of America, only takes a few to get a rep.

But the past is the past and this is a good a time as any to be seen doing good for the realm.

Blame me in that case, not BO tbh.
Cause i quited as GM of EoO when i went to PvP cause EoO didnt became kinda as i wanted it to be, and perhaps i should have done it diffrently and instaid made it like i wanted to and ask all those who didnt want the same to leave. I would do that today if i had the choice, but i left EoO went to pvp.
And then after pvp i made BO and it was on hold after few days only nacabuta and 1 more joined ucallme if i remember correctly, and during my pvp time the guild onslaught was made. And after i did BO i went to excal for a while and did my bard to 50 then rvred just little. And then i came back to mid, and fixed BO. And at this point EoO was very much died from how it used to be atleast.

So now ask your self, whos fault was it that EoO died.
EoO might have survied if ppl that was in EoO would had agreed on something as a new gm or what ever, but this didnt happend.

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
The reason I think BO, and other RvR guilds, is their way of playing this game, and how diffrent it is to the others playing it. They digged a tunnel though the mountain meanwhile the others build a road over it. By building a tunnel they've gained other experiences then those building a road.

For example.

The reason they don't stop to ress at an MG if they see dead mids are logical thinking. Those mids didn't die of jumping off the wall and got killed by falling damage. They got killed by something, and since they got killed by it the chances that they're still around is quite high. So, by experience in previous situations like this they've learned that by stoping to ress and burn all their healers power the risks are enourmous that the people who killed you will return meanwhile and the low power on the healers will mean the death of the group.

Either you understand what I mean and belive it or you don't. It's up to you, but one thing I can tell you is that Maelstrom, Everlast and Bad Omen doesn't stop to ress at MGs. They avoid doing it cause of the risk beeing killed by same thing that killed you or by annother thing passing through the MGs, remember that the MGs are the highways of the frontiers, everything that goes out of the PKs have to go through those two doors. What I know for sure is that they don't run over your bodies because they dislike you.

I know it can be a bit hard to understand how these people can know so much about RvR, I know many of you got high realm ranked chars and so and have RvRed a lot. And I'm sure you know a lot of RvR too, but some of the people in those RvR guilds know even more. And maybe a lot more, depending on who reads this. I don't say that everyone in these RvR guilds have great experience of RvR, just that some have, and most of them are willing to share it. Problem is that there are so few that are willing to listen. Those willing to listen are attracted to these RvR guilds, those people who get called to be assholes because they are willing to develope their skills in playing the game but are pushed back by their guilds concervative style of playing. I don't say it's bad to be a convervative guild, just that it doesn't fit everyone. Just as I don't say RvR guilds are bad, but everyone doesn't want to be in one.

How can these people in RvR guilds be so good at RvR then? Well, first I think I can say that I've been around in this game for a long time. I got my first lvl 50 (my healer) in the early summer of 2002. At level 47 was the first time I ever saw Zapsi (hope he doesn't mind me takeing him as an example) and I saw him in Emain. He was lvl 50 at this time, and since I've hadn't seen him exping anywhere I guess he had his lvl 50 healer to lvl 50 some time ago.

What am I trying to say? Well, Zapsi (and a lot of other people currently in these RvR guilds) have had lvl 50's and played them actively in RvR before some of you (note: some of you) even knew what Daoc was.

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but I ask people to have in thought that act the way they do because of a reason. Main reason why I think they are rude to people is because people are rude to them, and even if people aren't rude and ask because they wonder why they ignore dead middies at MGs it will sound like a whine if they ask because the question have been asked so many times and no one wants to belive it.

What I wish for by makeing this post is to get greater understaning for RvR guilds from people that aren't in them. To make people accept that they're digging a tunnel while you're building a road. I know people will still hate RvR guilds because of what they do... but one can still wish ;p

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Imo BO/Mael/El etc are all nice people, i know most of them and have never been insoulted ore even been threated bad from any of these people, but how ever i meet alot of Pve people that are complete ##### thats insults for expl. my guild if we go DF to kill some albs ore to farm some cash.
Imo certen (Pve guilds people) have a big attitude problem vs people that run in guild groups etc. Dont ask me wy. It´s a shame tho that people disslike other couse they dont want to play the game in the same way they do.
Never seen any of the rvr guilds making comments to random mids in emain.
but seen pve people make comments about the rvr guilds alots.

I wich BO and Baduska as new GM all the luck.
Those who knows u likes u.
Ps.hope someone understand my bad english :D
Platina Guldstjärt Officer of Loki´s Fallen.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I cba to read all these long posts, but its all the same stuff, don't really need to read it to get the idea.

Basicaly only comes down to what you can do, not who you are, its just turning into a "lvl a fotm char to rp farm" machine, I can't for the life of me work out how it can be fun.

As for my opinion, I don't care what these RvR (maybe some would call "leet")guilds do.

I don't think its much for a challenge running savage groups, cause your enemy hasn't much chance, unfair so to speak, goes back to what I said about rp farmin machine.

And, good luck under new management BO, new GM and all.

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Have you met PE with a savage group? Not as easy as you make it sound - for sure. They ARE among the best Albion has to offer, no doubt, but just cuz Midgard has savages doesnt mean we win every fight.

Oh.. And what Aarween said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom