FAO Kemor

A

Aussie-

A week ago GOA changed the dungeons for a weekend. That means Alb people could take a visit at Galladoria and TG or Fomoria and Trollheim, the others the other way round =) .
---{{ EU Player }}--
Lv50 Solo Necro - first Lv50 on Dartmoor - inactive

I would like to see this on English servers too.
Change dungeon after 2 weeks to the 3th one and you unbore your 4500 english customers for 1 month. Aint that a good idea.

N

-Nxs-

Great ideas as the english dont have 3 servers - so can play around a little.

R

Roo Stercogburn

This a wind-up or did it really happen? :)

G

Graknak

seems the German and French branch of GOA is much more active doing things like these, nerf that :eek:

A

Arnor

german/french gm's have done LOTS of stuff for them, in-realm group-duels etc

HINT FUCKING HINT KEMOR/ZARGAR!

C

corel

Originally posted by Arnor
german/french gm's have done LOTS of stuff for them, in-realm group-duels etc

HINT FUCKING HINT KEMOR/ZARGAR!

Amen!

B

Brunore

They are too busy playing with thier toy cars imo

bruuuuuuuuuummm brruuuuuuuuuummmmm bep beep brummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

S

SFXman

I'm usually not into hammering GOA representatives but if this really took place tehn... :(

D

Driwen

They prolly had the event because they asked the gm's for it. Some german server had a sort of football event and it recently has happened on midgard prydwen aswell iirc. Difference is possibly that our gm's seem more unreachable to us than they are for dartmoore or possibly are. But if we ask them they will probably set up the same thing if it is just an event.

P

Petronella

Originally posted by Brunore
They are too busy playing with thier toy cars imo

bruuuuuuuuuummm brruuuuuuuuuummmmm bep beep brummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hahah, ok that made sense, hmm...... :p

B

Belsameth

GOA isn't obligated to host any events if they don't feel like it, just as Mythic offers no events...
tho these things sound like a LOT of fun, whining about reduced charges and second rate customers seems a bit over the top.
try write a friendly PM at Zargar or Kemor instead :)

O

old.Xarr

givf server-wide 'best of the best' tournaments please!!!! :D

S

syri

they 'd probably put more effort in if they got more appreciation from you lot for it, instead of whining the second they do something wrong, or even like this when they've done nothing wrong, how about you just give them some slack, and stop flaming them. i know if i was faced with such a hostile environment as they have, i'd not want to show my face much...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Actually the thing thats got me gobsmacked is that it doesn't take Mythic to plug a dungeon into another realm. The fact that you can means the layout of the 3 realms is modular and interchangeable, though its not clear to what degree and how permanent the changes can be given patch updates have to be taken into account.

At first I thought that it would be a real pain to switch dungeons over if they had to re-itemise the dungeon for all the realms then I realised they could copy the Ghaeris data directly for that dungeon for the appropriate realm.

There's no data you can't change in a computer system its just normally too much hassle to fiddle around with your data sets in case you break something :D

C

Cyradix

I wonder if the mobs in the other dungeons would drop anything :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Actually the thing thats got me gobsmacked is that it doesn't take Mythic to plug a dungeon into another realm. The fact that you can means the layout of the 3 realms is modular and interchangeable, though its not clear to what degree and how permanent the changes can be given patch updates have to be taken into account.

At first I thought that it would be a real pain to switch dungeons over if they had to re-itemise the dungeon for all the realms then I realised they could copy the Ghaeris data directly for that dungeon for the appropriate realm.

There's no data you can't change in a computer system its just normally too much hassle to fiddle around with your data sets in case you break something :D

Roo, changing the mobs to just drop cash would be more than ample, every realm uses cash :)

If you've ever seen CAOD too dungeon enterances appear just to be jump points to another zone, Now im not saying DAOC works just like COAD but it does kinda make some sense - just change the jump poiny from one realm's dungeon to another realms' dungeon

O

[Oo]Escape

Kemor has set up a few trade-fairs on Alb/Prydwen... probably because someone planned it with him. I think it's more a case of people not telling Kemor what they want, rather than him not doing anything.

So to start...

Forget Galladoria/TG, give Paladins Det5 + Quadhits for a week and I'll be happy :p

C

Cyfr

Ive told him I want a level 100 savage lots of times and he won't listen :(

W

Whoodoo_RD

So far i have seen a few events, the hib poetry thing, duel tournaments and Midstock. All we did was ask nicely and the teams worked their magic to provide what they can.

Ask and ye shall find.....

You lot should know by now if you are polite, your more likely to get results.

K

Khalen

Like Voodoo says, work out an event in detail and show it to them. I bet if it's a good worked out event they will probably help :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
You lot should know by now if you are polite, your more likely to get results.

Thats a damn dirty lie sir, take it back! Everyone knows the best way to get what you want is to use CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! bold text and plenty of fucking swearing!!!! ;)

Seriously though, its like Syri said, doing events isn't what they get paid for, so if they do events it out of the goodness of their heart. Thus if there was less time spent demanding stuff like... oh i dunno, lets use that petition to mythic demanding they strip GoA of the franchise... and more time actually thinking of ways to get more enjoyment out of the game (yes, it is actually possible to enjoy DAoC :D) maybe we'd get more events?

Thus ends the self-rightous babble of the day.

C

Cyradix

Doing it out of the goodness of their harts is nice, but the ones left out are going to envy the other players.

All we all know envy leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads.... ;)

L

liste

Kemor has set up a few trade-fairs on Alb/Prydwen

PARP lead by Ziera, did those, along with a handful of other stuff, like Valentines parties, ballroom dances with fireworks and stuff, a christmas theatre, a cross-realm frensh flag in Emain (Kemor's birthday :D ) along with a few other things. Kemor has assisted where neccesary in these, but fundamentally, they're all player run/organized/planned. I suspect everyone can have these things GM supported, if you take your time to plan it and ask nicely :)

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by liste
PARP lead by Ziera, did those, along with a handful of other stuff, like Valentines parties, ballroom dances with fireworks and stuff, a christmas theatre, a cross-realm frensh flag in Emain (Kemor's birthday :D ) along with a few other things. Kemor has assisted where neccesary in these, but fundamentally, they're all player run/organized/planned. I suspect everyone can have these things GM supported, if you take your time to plan it and ask nicely :)

As always, people need to take the iniative and ask / plan the things they want instead of waiting for someone to do it for them.

Alas too many people seem to have that attitude in this game and expect everything to be handed to them on a plate. Seeing 16 lvl 40+ people of a wide variety of classes standing in avalon ciry entrance yelling "LFG" and moaning about the lack of groups was the perfect summary of albion for me these days.

O

old.Mirandalia

Originally posted by Belsameth
GOA isn't obligated to host any events if they don't feel like it, just as Mythic offers no events...
tho these things sound like a LOT of fun, whining about reduced charges and second rate customers seems a bit over the top.
try write a friendly PM at Zargar or Kemor instead :)

Of course they aren't obligated, but then again, is a baker obligated to make good bread or just any bread? (think of bread without salt, some sweets without the sugar)

I think customer service is keeping the population happy, interested and focused. These events and small things mean alot! But, if they aren't obligated to it....
:rolleyes:

A

Aussie-

patching is so slow, so very slow I can't even remember anymore when we had our last update. The upcoming housing patch aint gonna unbore 90% of the players. I don't really see what's fun about racing arround a house (what else can you do with it anyway?). so until 1.64 or TOA arrives i forsee alot inactive ppl. Giving albs 2 weeks Galla and 2 weeks TG with adapted lootlist would really unbore the game. atleast for me.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I did email Kemor about an event based on a story thread a while back but to be fair it was bad timing as a few days later the problems with GOA's GM account all broke loose and I'd imagine it got forgotten about because of that. Didn't like to hassle with all the stuff that was going on.

Something that peeps should probably be aware of: Kemor doesn't have the final say whether something gets done or not I think so its not fair to have a crack at him all the time for stuff like this.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Khalen
Like Voodoo says, work out an event in detail and show it to them. I bet if it's a good worked out event they will probably help :)

ok

kemor/zargar: ask the german/french gm's what they did, then do it.

L

Lambsbreed

I remember GOA once uttered that "all servers will be patched at the same time, because the services should be equal to each and every server/language/player. So no patching to english first!".

Funny how that doesn't count when it comes to GM's adding content, running events on servers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom