FAO: Kemor RE Subs payment

W

WPKenny

Kemor,

I am asking you via these forums because I really don't want to wait weeks for a reply from GOA themselves.

When the free period ran out I went to my account and entered my credit card details to subscribe. It failed the first time, I belive I got a 404 error.

I went back to the subs page to check and my account was still due payment so I assumed it had not gone through.

I then went and put my card details in a second time. This time I managed to get a confirmation screen that my details had been accepted.

Later on, on my bank statment I noticed two payments had been taken from my bank account. Now it would be natural to assume that the first payment DID go through ok and I had now been charged for two months.

It's only now it has become apparent that I am being charged twice a month for a month subscription. My sub for this month has run out and as it says, I have been automatically billed. Twice.

Can you sort this out and tell me EXACTLY who to speak to so I can get my 12 quid back??

With all the smearing of GOA's name that's going on right now I'm guessing you really don't want to be hounded by credit card companies for refunds.

O

old.Elasto

Guessing you'll need to do the 'rightnow shuffle' over this one...

They should(!) respond pretty sharpish, as its a billing etc query...

Also on a side note I tried to change my card details that are being used for the payment ! Ha ! Might as well try and change lead into gold - sheeeesh.

Good luck with it though :D

O

old.tRoG

not really much point in posting it here...

not much kemor can do anyway except point you to rightnow :)

K

kemor

For all subscription and billing problems, you use this email : subscription@goa.com

We had some problems with the Billing CS team at first, answers were taking a long time. Now we have quadrupled the team, should be much faster.

Remember that this email is only good for Billing & Subscription problems, they will NOT answer any other issue

O

old.warriorgirl

I have just been sent a message in French... which i can barely speak... saying that my account is closed possibly 'cos my credit card has expired. (I think that's what is meant after my struggle with a dictionary)

a. my credit card has not expired and my card is good

b. i do not wish to receive important financial information in a foreign tongue which i barely understand

c. on checking my account all appears to be in order but it is very difficult to actually get into the area to check my credit card details.
There is always a chance that I entered details incorrectly but i somehow doubt it. On reading the experience of the person above I do not really wish to re-confirm my details and end up being double charged.

All this because my original UK version made me sign up in French when i first got the game. I have asked several times to be transferred to the English accounts and sign up system but with no response.

I have written to Rightnow to see what transpires. In the past they have been very good - so I keeping my fingers crossed. I will let you know what happens as account assistance is basic to one's trust in the game.

O

old.[BC]Revz

A member of my guild has just gotten an email from GOA saying that his account has been suspended due to lack of payment despite the fact it doesn't run out for another 15 days. I have referred him to this thread as I'm sure he can explain it more fully than I can.

Suffice to say these aren't isolated incidents.

O

old.warriorgirl

Just to say that I have had a positive response from Rightnow within a few hours. Plus they transferred me to English Language accounts. I still have to check further details but I must say their response has been first class thus far... but have yet to check final details.

Credit where credit is due. Well done Rightnow.

R

razorboy

I am billed 2 times for 1 month and next subscription is the same month :confused:

I sent my mail now, hope I get a positive reaction... :rolleyes:

O

old.Veritreus

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (CS) - 05/03/2002 07:18 PM
Hello,

We have checked in our data base and we can confirm you that your subscription period for one (1) month has been considered by GOA (invoice numbers XX999/999999999).

For your info, this subscription period for one (1) month started the 04/05/02 until the 03/06/02...

Also, we can confirm you that you have been billed twice for the same period (from the 04/05/02 to the 03/06/02).
So, we have canceled this payment (invoice numbers XX999/999999999). We will refund your money as soon as possible. Your money will be automatically charged back on your account.

Sorry for any inconvenience...

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Admittedly, the english isn't exactly great in the first sentance, but it only took 3 1/2 hours for them to fix.

If you want to check your accout status, go to myaccount on the daoc homepage and login, if you have two payments, I recommend you log a report with rightnow :)

W

WPKenny

Thanks for the response Kemor.

I've emailed them just a few minutes ago and look forward to a quick response as others seem to be getting.

Thnx again!

O

old.Raziel

Well today i got an email from GOA saying my account had been suspened because they cant complete payment.

i checked my account details, and they have taken the money according to that.

i have sent the invoice into right now, but i might use that email address, as i would like quick answer to this.

So WarriorGirl seems like i have the same problem as u

A

Aeiedil

I have just been sent a message in French... which i can barely speak... saying that my account is closed possibly 'cos my credit card has expired. (I think that's what is meant after my struggle with a dictionary)

Warriorgirl, it might be the email that they send out when your sub runs out :) if it is heres what it reads in english *checks inbox*

Greetings

You were not able to complete successfully the payment for your subscription period - therefore, your GAME account has been suspended.

Has your credit card reached its expiration date ?

If this is the case and you wish to play DAoC again, please go to the « my account » part of the official website to update your personal information, choose a new billing plan and re-activate your GAME account.

Dark Age of Camelot – Europe team.
http://www.camelot-europe.com

If you lost your login/password, please e-mail us at : subscription@goa.com
For technical or game related questions, please check the FAQ / Customer Support Interface : http://faq.camelot-europe.com.

O

old.Sion Verdox

I had this mail also and I have also been billed twice - there’s that word I keep using again "incompetent".

The subscription information page is not even SECURE.

O

old.Alwych

Sion i hope you play midgard and i hope you play prydwen cos you are almost certainly sion from drachenfels shart, team cow pvp guild and i hate you guys :) especially woodstock. Death to you on pvp server too.

O

old.Sion Verdox

We are not no but most of us are here or rather were here =) Care Bear (tm) land is a nice place to visit but not somewhere you want to stay =) we will shift to the U.S PvP server as soon as its out. I would hang around for the European one but lets face it - that’s not going to happen for a very long time.

G

Galatea

Aeiedil + warrirgirl, i have the same email saying the eact same thing, even though the subscripbtion page says im all paid up, strange.

(mesthinks the subsriptions thingy is knackered)

R

razorboy

got email back that my money will be refunded

:clap: goa :clap:

W

WPKenny

me too. They confirmed they would refund my account. Let's just see how quick they are about it. :)

O

old.Kendrik

Wow glad you posted this as I got that e-mail on Friday too but I could still log onto the game so I ingnored it (I have just finished finals so I have given up thinking for a while :D )

Anyway I checked and I was being billed for the same period twice so I just e-mailed the Address Kemor gave above but it's Sunday now so I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom