FAO: Irish daoc players (Maybe other nationalities too)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Just found out about topup credit cards. I dont have my own credit card cause im a student and it would be a bad idea to get my own ;) so borrowing brothers / partens card is allways a hassle, but i found this type of credit card thats like a Ready to Go phone, or pay as you as they known as in england. Its where you put money into the card by buying a token sort of thing in a shop, then you can spend that ammount on the credit card, so effectively you cant ever spend money you dont have. Theres a steaper surcharge on it than regulard cards ofc :/ but its dead handy because all it means is I have to nip to the shop once a month to through 12 euro on it and im set.

I dont know about legality or if it would be against FH rules about advertising, I dont work for the company who makes the card, so i havent posted the name, but if i get the all clear ill post they website where to order it (tis free to order) and the name of it.

At the moment only Spar in dublin sell the top ups :/ though which is annoying.

Im not sure if this exists in other countries, but you can guess that if Ireland has it, the rest of the world has had it for 10 years or so :p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
At the moment only Spar in dublin sell the top ups :/ though which is annoying.

there is a spar right accross the road from my house =)

you can pm me the details if u want =)

r0xx

Fledgling Freddie
Ye m8 post details

big fecking gang of us in Galway allways looking for CC's to used every month :)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
r0xx said:
Ye m8 post details

big fecking gang of us in Galway allways looking for CC's to used every month :)

/slap Pepe and Seymore when u see them imo ... tell them it's from Gamb ;P

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
read about these a long time ago on an Irish message boards , seems that they would come in quite handy, however would they be accepted as a CC or what ? .. i know they are issued through the bank but as a visa / mastercard ? .. not that i'll be playing this game anyway :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
get a debit card instead? seems a lot less complicated.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
its a 3v card, www.3v.ie cba waiting if its allright to post, just delete if its not :p

allthough i havent tried it myself yet (will do next week or so) im 99% sure it will work since its made by Visa and they say on their website that any site that accepts Visa will accept this. Infact in the little box for what CC type you use, your supposed to select Visa for this card.

Its a nasty little charge attached to it though, costs 4 euro on top of what you top it up with (1 to 100 euro) and 8 euro extra if you do (100 to 200 euro) so your best off buying 30 or so Euro worth of credit in one go.

tis simple enough :D

(oh and as far as i know I dont think irish debit cards work with GoA)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Would love to get one , but would be better if they jsut let you use the fricken bank to "top it up" , only places in ireland is in dublin and wicklow >.<

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Wow that's pretty expensive when you consider that any reasonable credit card is free if you pay it off at the end of the month.

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Debit card idea seems so much better... Just stick the 12 euro a month into your bank account and use that.

Casiraghi

Loyal Freddie
Danya said:
Wow that's pretty expensive when you consider that any reasonable credit card is free if you pay it off at the end of the month.

Anything that isn't pretty expensive in Ireland? :) As a Dane living here everything seems to cost a fortune, except cars :)

Jjuraa

Banned
Casiraghi said:
Anything that isn't pretty expensive in Ireland? :) As a Dane living here everything seems to cost a fortune, except cars :)

wtf Casiraghi? stop stealing my avatar ><

Bahumat

FH is my second home
you lazy uni bums. get part time jobs and then get a debit card with an overdraft

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
wtf Casiraghi? stop stealing my avatar ><
You're hardly the first to have used that avatar, however--some other FH poster used it way before you switched (some months ago). ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I believe that's true, Casiraghi--Jjura switched sometime not long ago (a month or two?), whereas I remember seeing you using that way back. ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i have a debit card, dont own a credit card at al

but at my internet bank account i can make a internet credit card what i can use to pay daoc fees

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom