Fao: Goa

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
You guys hardly ever post news on your website, and if so, you do it only in case of server downtime (if at all) or on Friday.

Now you're gonna post a newsitem on tuesday about a poll which is only active for 48 hours?

You know your newswebsite isn't accessed that often, certainly not every day. I just missed it, and I'm pretty damn annoyed due to that cos I would've liked to vote, but I just saw it too damn late.
Why only the goddamn 48 hours? atleast make it last to over the friday news, because you KNOW that that is when you get the most visitors... :/

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3666

GOA News said:
In order to determine which category has priority for you, a survey will be offered to you in a few days. So keep an eye on the website next week.

But I agree, it was short, but it was because we have to send back the feedback to Mythic quickly otherwise it won't get taken into account at all. In the future though, we'll be having in game polls so this problem shouldn't occur anymore.

diclaimer: "in the future" means anytime between 1 hour and 100 years

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Great - I missed this too.

Only normaly check the site every friday for the news. Ahh well.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
[GOA]Erivoss said:

But I agree, it was short, but it was because we have to send back the feedback to Mythic quickly otherwise it won't get taken into account at all. In the future though, we'll be having in game polls so this problem shouldn't occur anymore.

you've got all our email addresses, why not send out a mail per mailinglist when the poll got activated...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
they dont really want your opinion as it might mean more work for them :twak:

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
you've got all our email addresses, why not send out a mail per mailinglist when the poll got activated...

because then you'll complain that you didn't find it in your junk folder till next week.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
because then you'll complain that you didn't find it in your junk folder till next week.
If that happens, that's the person's own fault... shouldn't take hotmail then. It's a bloody annoying free email provider anyway.

afaik most email providers don't filter out goa stuff. Atleast my gmail doesn't...

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
If that happens, that's the person's own fault...

Its also not GoA's Fault if you dont look at website everyday

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Gungo said:
Its also not GoA's Fault if you dont look at website everyday
Target group, and Target group behaviour.
As a company you should always try to connect as much as possible with your target group. This can be done actively (flyers, door to door advertising, and mailing lists etc etc etc) or passively by having an interresting website.

Go chose the first, however the website has a lack of content making the connection to the target group thru this website very weak.

There's a simple way to make the usage of the website higher. Add more content. This can be a daily newsflash, or realm ability calculators or thelike(yes, XML stuff aswell). Anything that makes their client (EU DAoC subscribers) want to use the website more often.

occy

Loyal Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

They dont know how.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Target group, and Target group behaviour.
As a company you should always try to connect as much as possible with your target group. This can be done actively (flyers, door to door advertising, and mailing lists etc etc etc) or passively by having an interresting website.

Go chose the first, however the website has a lack of content making the connection to the target group thru this website very weak.

There's a simple way to make the usage of the website higher. Add more content. This can be a daily newsflash, or realm ability calculators or thelike(yes, XML stuff aswell). Anything that makes their client (EU DAoC subscribers) want to use the website more often.
bah.. can't edit anymore, but the middle paragraph should've been:

Goa chose the latter, however the website has a lack of content making the connection to the target group thru this website very weak.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, missed the poll about 2 hours or so. dunno why even wanted to go on goa site......... usually only visit it fridays

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
[GOA]Erivoss said:

out of interest erivoss, how many replies did u get to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom