"FAO GOA" threads and the like

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hi,

If you want the GMs to:

A: Listen to you and take you seriously.
B: stay here and interact with the community

and if you want to:

A: Not look like an angst-ridden 10 year old (even if you are one)
B: Retain the ability to post on FH.

Please remember to be polite in your posts and don't go insulting the GMs (individually or collectively)

The GOA GMs are here of their own free will - nothing in their job description requires them to read the drivel and the like that's posted on here (especially recently).

If you have a problem feel free to post it and discuss it but do it rationally and don't go insulting the GMs because otherwise they'll just stop reading and posting and you'll have to go through RightNow for everything. If they ask you to do something to help fix a problem:

Either:

A: go do what they've asked if you want to help
or
B: feck off and stop whining if you don't.

I'm going to be a lot less tolerant of people repeatedly posting the same crap over and over again that are not only being incredibly rude and ungrateful but are refusing to do anything to help with whatever their problem is.

By all means bring up problems and discuss them - I'm not saying you're only allowed to post "GOA rox!" threads (though if a GM does something nice feel free to post nice things :p) but repeatedly calling the GMs wankers when they're trying to help you isn't on.

Thank you,
Flim.

Tilda

Bleh beat me too it Flim :p
I'd like to say this is also my oppinion, being behaving like 10 y/o CS players towards both GoA staff, and other forum members, will most probably get a kick up the arse and a ban.

Tilda

vintervargen

Banned
i doubt the persons that are dumb enough to post threads that are clearly insulting to GMs and/or GOA wont be smart enough to notice this thread.

then again, if the GMs actually get insulted by some random whinethread they should relax a bit :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
vintervargen said:
i doubt the persons that are dumb enough to post threads that are clearly insulting to GMs and/or GOA wont be smart enough to notice this thread.

then again, if the GMs actually get insulted by some random whinethread they should relax a bit :p

well this is so I can kick arse and if anyone whinges I can point them here and say "you were told"

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I think it's worth pointing out that this is an unofficial forum. The only official channels for the community and Goa to communicate over are RightNow and the official site.
I read and post here because I believe it benefits the community to have a less formal means of access to the GM team and for us to reach many players at once. I expect that there will be negativity and that we will have to bear a bit of hostility from time to time however as soon as the balance between benefit to the community and personal aggravation becomes too much, I and the others will stop posting here.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
The GOA GMs are here of their own free will - nothing in their job description requires them to read the drivel and the like that's posted on here (especially recently).
Great post, but, aint it a requirement (spell) to be know to online forums?? Did read this when Goa was looking for some new staff ppl.... Or maybe it was when WoW was seeking ppl?

But i greatly aprisiate (ok i spell like hell :m00: ) the job the GM's are doing, so plz give me a big CHEER and some :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: cous they deserve it.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I'd huggle them if they actually showed themselves every now and then, bah.
They're always invisible.. watching.

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Daedalus said:
I'd huggle them if they actually showed themselves every now and then, bah.
They're always invisible.. watching.

You mean GoA GM's should show themselves more? I wouldn't see the point.. they aren't part of the game, they just handle problems as good as possible within there possibilities. They're more 'open' then they need to be = on FH that is, hopefully for a long time imo :)

vintervargen

Banned
is it impossible for GOA to make a 'official played feedback forum' or so? with the new flashy site and all :)

as the response for bugs etcetera probably is larger that way then the notorious rightnow ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Can you add references to leaving for WoW in that? Seriously it's starting to get on my nerves.

A: "So I had beans on toast for breakfast today"
B: "Yeah? Hienz or super-market brand?"
A: "Oh shit, hienz ofc. supermarket brands are icky"
B: "Why is that anyway?"
C: "I don't know, but I do know i'm leaving this crap game and going to play WoW"
A: "Thats nice and all, but thats got nothing to do with the conversation"
C: "Nothing, but I thought i'd just let you know because I consider myself to be important and I feel that GOA are threatened by me and are intentionally causing the lag to make me (personally) quit the game. So i'm going to fuck them over by using my infulence over the unwashed masses to pursuade them all to play WoW"
B: "So who are you anyway?"
C: "OMFG! LOL NUB!!!"
B: "Thats not really an awnser..."
C: "ROFL AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAONE!!!1"
A: "Yay for ignore"
B: "Indeed, so anyway. Whats with that?"
D: "Hi guys, i'm leaving DAoC to play WoW!"
A+B: "FUCK OFF GOD DAMN IT!!!!"
D: "OMFG! LOL NUB!!! C was right about you guys, your fags!"

And so on...
I'm going to try WoW out myself, and if it tickles my fancy more than DAoC i'll go play that. But you don't see me running around with my underwear on my head and two pencils up my nose playing the role of "little miss give-me-some-attention" ... well, not regarding WoW atleast... and I prefer to use Biro's - but you get my point ;)

Uku

Fledgling Freddie
i understand your here to help and arent obliged too in any way , but please can you not keep us in the dark about current lag issues across the board , its losing you alot of players and making alot of us very bitter about the game , including myself . Im guessing that open transit is at fault for all these lag issues , but no one tells us a thing , even if we send to 'right now' , lack of knowledge of the reasons and the fact its got worse and worse over the past few months is degenerating the game. ive watched several players leave over these reasons alone. you tell us to send ping plots , but will this help when its evident the issues across the board , i saw the entire ML10 raid including myself go link dead several times the other night and thats just plain unacceptable. people will vent there anger at the nearest source avialable , and when its so difficult to reach anyone from GOA apart from on here they will do so. i posted a thread on midgard/excalibur where i was quite abrupt about my point , if it seemed offensive , i apoligize , but if ya read the other responses you will see people are
at breaking point.

nuff said.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Well both tonight and last night i've logged out in frustration with this stupid lag. I don't play this game to get frustrated at. I'm not important in the sense that i think the game revolves around me but i am important in the sense that i represent 2 paying customers. £16 a month will be lost if this isn't sorted. It isn't my responsibility to provide tracert's or pingplot's i pay for a service i can't use at the moment and it needs sorting.

Malena

Banned
yea I did send in traceroutes long before GOA got the wake up call
-we got a problem with Lagg and LD´s.
and after that I continued to send them in.

I stopped to do soo now 2004 12 26 I ended my subscribtions.
8 accounts.

why ?

1 first the lagg havent improved
2 GOA Right Now send me a response in france one too many
"Goa Right Now Staff got a english knowledge like a fridge"

3 GOA breaking the law.
"it's been reported to the right channels"

I still got friends in the game both IRL and online friends stating the fact
the lagg and Ld's is still there.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Malena said:
I still got friends in the game both IRL and online friends stating the fact
the lagg and Ld's is still there.

if they have lag it's their computer or their connection:
The server lag and the connection lag is gone - the only lag I've had is from relic raids crashing my network card.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I will admit to seeing lag still, but ping plots show losses in the UK, not GOA or OT lately.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:
I will admit to seeing lag still, but ping plots show losses in the UK, not GOA or OT lately.

well lag is like death and taxes - inevitable :) there's no more massive 20s spikes though. I had thought "oh no not again" on the raid on sunday when I LDed but it was just me - stupid onboard network crappy card :(

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Me too, only its been in the form of a very infrequent lagspike, rather than anything persistant and annoying as we had previously.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, and last night was the cleanest I've seen in months, though it looked like BT may be having problems from some of the other people I saw going LD.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom