Fana

Fledgling Freddie
lost all chat now except /s and all keeps unclaimed again :(

Splendid

Fledgling Freddie
News

Technical Server Maintenance on Thursday morning
[2004-1er-09]

The Mythic patch passed on Tuesday has corrected the problems encountered on Excalibur and Brocéliande, we will now install this patch on Ys and on all servers in order to prevent possible malfunctions. We have planned to shutdown all servers at 10.30, except for Excalibur and Brocéliande. We should restart them by the end of the morning.

Opps guess GOA need to go back to mythic and tell them that there patch sucks! :m00:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We know about the issue on Excal (I suddenly got flooded with MSNs telling me about it).
Unfortunately it's not something we can deal with here and now. We have informed Mythic and we will be doing everything we can to resolve this problem.
I'll keep people updated as I get more information.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I occasionally get mids chattin in rvr in me text box

its rather amusing :m00:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It works for over a week, then suddenly fcks up? xD

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
It works for over a week, then suddenly fcks up? xD

Thats computers for you!

But it cant be that hard to find out why a message (or continuous messages) from another realm gets sent to a players chat box, surely any programmer with a debugger and breakpoint could find a bug that obvious.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
computers will only do what someone tells them to do. so obviously some1 has told computer to display nme chat in box somewhere... WHY?

really does seem like some schoolboy errors in coding atm.. other realm text.. market explorers taking forever.. all that crappy % &$£!%"%^&*! shite when fighting, 28 positive effects..

hope some1 is on case.. really do.. soooo annoying

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
schoolboy errors in coding atm.. other realm text.. market explorers taking forever.. all that crappy % &$£!%"%^&*! shite when fighting, 28 positive effects..

Well Ilaya, I was standing by the market explorer the other day, did a search for 'HUMUNGOUS WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION' (minimum qual 100), and nothing came up so I waited and tried not to listen to the strange disembodied voices shouting 'mincer lfg' when suddenly a troll jumped me, so I grappled it only to find that he had too many active effects! Enough I said n logged and went to the pub.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
ilaya said:
really does seem like some schoolboy errors in coding atm.. other realm text.. market explorers taking forever.. all that crappy % &$£!%"%^&*! shite when fighting, 28 positive effects..
These comments have led me to conclude that you are clueless about programming of large software systems. There are always ghosts in the machine. They are called "bugs". Whether they be, in fact, real life bugs caught inside an electron tube, or a number of small programming flaws which together cause an unpredictable effect, the fact remains that they will always crop up.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
You gotta learn to live with some bugs if you use computers for any length of time. As long as Excal doesn't become sentient and launch missiles at Russia we're ok

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
You gotta learn to live with some bugs if you use computers for any length of time. As long as Excal doesn't become sentient and launch missiles at Russia we're ok

ah come on excal doesnt nearly run on well enough computers to do that :p.

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
The noun "electron tube" has 1 sense in WordNet.

1. tube, vacuum tube, thermionic vacuum tube, thermionic tube, electron tube, thermionic valve -- (electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom