FAO Eggy or any other template fiend....

Ging

Part of the furniture
Eggy, if your bored have a go at this :)

if you had unlimited access to funds/drops/artis etc can you make a hyperthetical template for a 2h hybrid pally that:

Caps Resist
Caps melee Dmg/Style/Speed
+26 Str/Con/Dex/Qui

The Spec will be

32 Chants
15 Parry +11
29 Crush +11
42 Shield +8 Minimum
44 2H +6 Minimum

I have chosen crush due to the high utility of the styles over slash.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mean any offense mate, but have you really thought that spec through?

If you intend to solo, then I can see why you might want Slam, but if you are going to be in a GG /assist, then you should drop Shield completely and increase your Chants to at least 44 (preferably 46), increase 2H to 50 natural and increase Crush if possible.

In fact, I have just had a quick look on the character builder. Without any auto-training whatsoever, you could have:

50 2H
39 Crush (effective 51 at RR2 with +11 SC)
42 Chants (for top End Regen)
6 Parry

You'll be far more use to your group with that spec as you'll have the very best End and capped damage.

It's obviously your choice, but I hope you'll at least consider all options before deciding.

Ging

Part of the furniture
indeed i have given that spec alot of thought, the way I have specced is for GG utility that give both excellent defensive and offensive capabilites. By their nature pallies are not amazing dmg dealers, with the spec given above i believe that to a certain degree that can be changed. Adding the 2H component not only increases dmg output but also gives extra utility if/when the player wishes to go offensive. Reduction in chants is not a new thing and it has been tested that yellow endurance is easily acceptable in fights (especially as all tanks get basic endu by default).

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I accept part of that argument, but really I think Paladins have to be specced one way or the other or all you end up with is something that's not particularly brilliant at anything.

Remember, there's no need for Shield if you are following the BM ML path.

Regardless, I don't think I have ever seen a 2H Paladin on Excal when I've been RVR - it sounds fun and I wish you the best of luck :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Regardless, I don't think I have ever seen a 2H Paladin on Excal when I've been RVR - it sounds fun and I wish you the best of luck :)

In the right group setup, they are mean.

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
I'm gonna make a 2H Pally template one of the comming days, just for a laugh ... I'll post it here :)

ps. Yes, my GF is away this weekend, thus the extreme amount of sparetime :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Greenfingers said:
I'm gonna make a 2H Pally template one of the comming days, just for a laugh ... I'll post it here

ps. Yes, my GF is away this weekend, thus the extreme amount of sparetime

Will send her back mate when i have finished... :sex:

Is she really that bad at ironing? :drink:

:m00:

Deathbloke

Banned
ArchPaladin spec 50 2-H, 34 slash, 37 parry & 32 chants (for endurance 3). Maximizes damage output and gives me decent defense. Theres also a stun combo that chains off the parry.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
actually tried that spec pre ToA gingger...
was ok baq then, mostly for soloing... not as gimpy as it seemed to so many baq then... but with all the new stuff since then it can only be alot better...

ps GL ;) ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom