FAO: Dragon raiders

B

belth

Grab bag a while ago
Q: My question is about the dragon. I have seen some say that the dragon AOE is purely random, nothing in particular triggering them. I have seen too other said that it is random BUT is triggered by (choose some or all of the following things) casting, debuffing, healing, running a healing chant, using a proc weapons, buffing...

A: Fear not – none of the above listed items will cause the dragon (in any realm) to breathe.

B

belth

Who are you? A hibbie?

There's no conclusive proof that any of those things trigger the AoE.

If someone once gets AoEd after nuking (or what ever), that means the dragon WILL AoE because of that. Well, guess what? IT WILL AOE IF YOU SIT ON YOUR ASS DOING NOTHING!

B

belth

And why the fuck would the make the hibbie dragon more heat vulnerable? Guess their weapons do heat damage.

A

Antedeluvian

Hummm, were u in this afternoon raid belth?, more even, if u were... did u nuked the old.gold?, only curiosity...

And plz, u dont need be rude (calling hibbi to pple gajh) and dont need use caps.

B

belth

No, I didn't nuke the dragon.

On the 1st "try", I just sicked my pet on it and starting casting AF-debuffs as told in the CG. Blam I get ported and die to aggro cause I have 1% hp left. Got rezzed.

So, now I can make use of my powertransfer. I stay outside the lair "zone" (you know, "You have entered" stuff) and transfer power to clerics and friars who are rezzing. Blam, I get thrown high in the air and die on landing. Got rezzed.

I sit down on my ass (MCL down, can't cast pet), well away from aggro range. Blam, I get AoEd.

PBAoE was banned in the cg alongside any DD-spells. WTF? The 1st successul dragonraid I ever went to had none of these fucked up rules of today, and guess what brought the drops to my group? That's right, a DD-spell, PBAoE. Nice 80g.

And you're the one who called me a hibbie 1st :rolleyes:

B

belth

I actually went and meleed the dragon too, after exhausting my power on a theurg spamming pets. Got AoEd.

A

Antedeluvian

Plz, excuse me for ask if u are a hibbie, i asked it cause in other forum i know a guy in TTdM (u know, the hippie guild) named Belthazor, and he's really a pain in ass :(.

B

belth

I'm just generally pissed off at the stupidity I saw on the dragonraid. The strategies do not work well (as we saw) and need to be rethought, as making it a pure unstyled melee zerg won't do any good. Style +to-hit is crucial in PvE (unlike RvR, logs on VN etc), etc.

Users who are viewing this thread