Fao: Cyclodia

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cyclodia, read that post on VN about your infil -v- shade tests, but since you couldnt post the results there could you post em here please?

Ohh, this is also directed at the Infil and Warrior who helped with the tests.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
he got banned from FH for being a tard so he wont be able to post it here

censi

Can't get enough of FH
was a very interesting post.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Hibernia_Stalker_Professions/b20908/74593068/?344

basically an inf and a NS with identical spec (50 pokey, 50 cs, 0 cd/dw, both +16) both same WS, roughly same dex+str, no RA's, same identical speed 99% SC weap, equal relic status, roughly same quick, attack same target (mid chain wearer) using garrotte style only.

the average damage on the inf compared to the NS was considerably higher.

No one knows why. some theory about base stats playing a part. But really the average damage should be more or less identical.

I would love to see a proper answer from mythic on this.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I know why. NS have access to limited magic

Another mystery solved by Loxleyhood!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
which is supposed is one reason infs get 2.5 spec points and some other perks, but this has nothing to do with the point the post is getting at (but ask infs if they would trade 2.5 spec points for NS magic)

This test is interesting, because there should be no reason for the infiltraitor damage to be higher.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ahem, i quote "A strong spell caster who follows the way of stealth the nightshade can hide and sneak unnoticed by his or her enemies, and strike when the need arises" - that probably has something to do with it, utter BS ofc

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
ahem, i quote "A strong spell caster who follows the way of stealth the nightshade can hide and sneak unnoticed by his or her enemies, and strike when the need arises" - that probably has something to do with it, utter BS ofc

Our spells is supposed to be balanced by infils 2.5 spec but in this test the infil doesnt use its advantage with more spec pts

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
i think its because the infil used 50 + 5 + 11 thrust, where as cyclodia used 50 + 8 + 8 (3 skill from items could give alot more than from realm rank...)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it shoudn't make any difference.

the end of the day +1 to a skill is +1 to a skill regardless of whether it comes from RR or an item

you could prove you theory buy testing the melee damage on a RR0 with say +2 CS and thrust. then when he dings rr1 drop to +1 CS and thrust and compare damage on same target used at rr0

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
i think its because the infil used 50 + 5 + 11 thrust, where as cyclodia used 50 + 8 + 8 (3 skill from items could give alot more than from realm rank...)

That would show on WS then?

/Dracus

Aussie

Banned
saw no logs
excuses he could't host them (lol)
excuse they might be wrong with some error
excuse someone told him not to post them

random VN slan:
No logs. Thus this thread sucks.
No proof. Thus this thread sucks.
Only trolling. This this thread sucks.

GG
and guess what, I agree !

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
how much would the NS's DD's hit for ? just curious been a zillion years since i did any stealther wars...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Enough to interrupt a bow shot. Enough to ignore your shield and evade.

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
NS are stlong mages, yeah !
- shout can be resisted
- dmg is joke
- costs more end than a style

I'd ALWAYS trade the "uber magic" for .5 more spec points, cause you cant resist those and they dont cost end either ;-)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
- shout can be resisted
- dmg is joke

I'd ALWAYS trade the "uber magic" for .5 more spec points, cause you cant resist those and they dont cost end either ;-)

isn't .3 spec pts more enough ? or do u really feel like 2.7 spec pts is the only way to make up for it :(

maybe the ewul infil had some DW spec xD

Valeres

Fledgling Freddie
thank god albion has infiltrators, otherwise the other realms would never whine..

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Valeres said:
thank god albion has infiltrators, otherwise the other realms would never whine..

MINSTRELS HAVE INSTANT STUN !!!! NERRRFFF

or to quote [insert high RR mid stealthere name here] some time ago....
All alb stealthers have instant stun....

Mincers have shout
Infils have DF (same as instant)
Scouts have slam (any time style = instant)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
- shout can be resisted
- dmg is joke

All of which is equally true about minstrel's shouts - although this never seems to stop Mid/Hib stealthers whining about them.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can I post that I've got logs that PROVE! that hib mages do more damage than alb ones! even despite the delve and the 5% lifetap thing?

then say "I'll post logs" for a few days then post "ooh I got told not to post them" and have everyone going "yeah but hib mages are overpowered anyway coz of X Y Z"?

Sounds fun!

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
hibs are overpowered because they have stealthers with 179 delve nukes in NF, I feel that is unfair since when I root them they can nuke me :( SBs and infils only have casting axe and x-bow, they miss anyway, but NS nuke for soooo much !

please give NS 2 * spec pts only if they have ewul magic !
:touch:

Edit: damm my logs disapeared

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
MINSTRELS HAVE INSTANT STUN !!!! NERRRFFF

or to quote [insert high RR mid stealthere name here] some time ago....

The only people who whine about Slam are people who have never actually had to use Slam.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
LOL

NS can get almost identical spec to infils, have 3 identical lines, same mechanics on 2 lines and cyc 'imagines' there is a magical damage difference.

Just admit it - you screwed up the data, made yourself look stupid and are now hiding.

There is no difference between NS and infils.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
LOL

NS can get almost identical spec to infils, have 3 identical lines, same mechanics on 2 lines and cyc 'imagines' there is a magical damage difference.

Just admit it - you screwed up the data, made yourself look stupid and are now hiding.

There is no difference between NS and infils.

Yes almost identical , a Infil can be rr7 and have a "perfect" 50/50 spec, a NS only need to be rr15 (GL with that)
All styles Infils have access to is about 10% better than any NS ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom