FAO: Albs (Ludlow)

N

Nightchill

For the past four days I've been visiting one of my close friends down in a tiny (6 houses only) hamlet called Brock Manton - in Herefordshire. On the way down, lo and behold, was Ludlow on the map. To be honest, I always thought it was in Germany or somewhere which, in retrospect, is silly. Eitherway, finding it in Shropshire took me by surprise.

Being the good guy I am, and thinking how much you'd all appreciate it, we detoured to there. It is (apparently) quite a wealthy town, it's certainly a pretty one. It has those Italian style corridors between buildings where the walls rear up on eitherside. We wondered around for a bit through the various markets and doding the juggernaut american tourists. I'll admit now that we were looking for some DAoC style buildings to see if Mythic did their homework and, happily, there is some of the very old architecture left, most of it bulging and looking like it should really be pulled down before someone's hurt. In fact one wall, which could only be called concave, I pushed and heard a loud (and ominous) creaking. Not a healthy sound for stone.

Anyway, here's a picture of one of the olden DAoC-esque buildings taken on my girlfriend's phone:

http://tempore.hellborn.org/ludlow 1.jpg

As you can see, it's a pub, and (for reference) did a nice pint of Stella.

:)

N

-Nxs-

Been there before :) used to do support for schools IT stuff in herefordshire. Ludlow is a nice place

A

Arithon

scary >_<

looks like the front could have fallen off at any time >_<

wish i coulda been there with ya NC, but i wasn't invited :D

C

calif

OMG my mother in law lives there < shudders at thought of the next visit>

E

Ekydus

Now go visit Cotswold. :)

Then you can visit Stone Henge... AKA Barrows. :p

K

Kharok Svark

How could you do a thread about the place and not mention the Ale :(

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Kharok Svark
How could you do a thread about the place and not mention the Ale :(

I only got to spend an hour there :/ and the people looked at me strangely (I'm fairly sure the music stopped too) as I walked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom