Games Fallout: New Vegas

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Probably a thread about it, probably made by me, oh well.

Tried this on the Box and after playing just 5-10 minutes, went on steam to buy it(and first DLC). The feeling of it is so much better then FAlloupt 3, just because you're not forced into a moral setting as much, or pushed in a certain direction.

The thing that sealed the deal for me was when the mention of Xander root came up after some geckos :D

It's the small things really.

Also lovely that it has nothing to do with Fallout 3 it seems(might later, careful of spoilers ;))

Corran

Part of the furniture
Playing it currently. Took ages to find something I wanted... a good scoped rifle. lol. I like sniping away etc. Marksman carbine was good, but now got sniper rifle and the Energy weapon equivalent :D

I keep exploring rather then doing my missions though, only just got to vegas when could have got there a long long time ago. Gonna go back out though I think and explore the few remaining places I havent discovered/entered.

My biggest problem.. .most the people have no money to buy all the crap I salvage :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I got the ratslayer as a sniper rifle which is quite good early on. scoped and silenced. With high crit it should see you through most of the game really.

I enjoyed it as a whole but I think I preferred the first (3rd) one more as it was something new. I also thought the leveling was a bit shit and I reached max level far too quickly and pretty early on in the main story, the same problem that I had with fallout 3. Not that the actual level progression is too fast but there is just so much content. Another 20 or so levels would be ace.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Funnily enough I started up Fallout 3 a couple of days back - never played it before for more than 20-25 mins. What a great game - the atmosphere is brilliant and I can recall the sheer horror on my face yesterday upon turning a corner, expecting bandits, only to see giant fuckin mutants.

I love the fact ammunition is scarce too. Moira has stopped selling me it now so I'm swapping weapons depending on the situation. The best two have to be the combat shotgun, for hiding round a corner forcing the enemy to you and then blowing their heads or, or the sniper. I got a long range shot on the sniper and the guy went flying through the air limbs going everywhere - it was awesome.

I do find myself fighting against my instincts to save at every enemy killed though. Or if I miss a sniper shot, it's so tempting to just re-load and try again. Trying my best to limit it!

I have the GOYE too so all 5 downloadable packs to enjoy after.

Nom!

Sorry to hijack! I will be buying New Vegas too!! ;)

Helme

Resident Freddy
I personally couldn't stand Fallout 3 much, but New Vegas owns. Mostly because the team behind can actually write stories, and make them have real choices that isn't just good/bad.

The gameplay also had a few much needed improvements, especially with regards to the scaling system being more sane. Overall it's just a better game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom