Fair Teams ??

O

old.Kitten666

Any of the admins at Barrys sort these unfair teams we get in CTF ?. Is there anyway you can auto even teams up, cos some people are Ass**les, and I love a game of CTF, as many do on the Barrys world Servers. Would be so nice to see that:clap:

S

Sh@dy

Sadly, much like every other fps out there we can do very little about evening the teams, except rely on the common sense of players.

This is a subject very close to my heart (along with many others). There is a 'force join' dm_flag option but unfortunately it tends to make the situation even worse which is why it isnt used.

O

old.[B4B]STIFF

This is something that everyone should have in their config.cfg:

alias goblue "team_red_blue 0;echo Changing to BLUE team;bind P gored"
alias gored "team_red_blue 1;echo Changing to RED team;bind P goblue"
bind P gored

After joining a CTF-game it´s easy to shift team with a singel push on the "P"-key.
And everyone should try to keep those teams even in some kind of way. I always check status of flag caps/points before I decide in wich team I shall play. I always choose the team with the fewest poins/caps.

S

SarkiE

Lo Kitten....played a couple of games with you the other day I think :D:)

It should be common courtesy when entering a game to check the teams and make them even, unfortunately not all see it that way..........

I know if Shady or any other BW admin is in a BW server when it happens they'll sort it out :D

S

Sh@dy

Something you must realise kitten is that even teams do not always constitute even number of players so bear that in mind when viewing teams.

For example if you enter a room with 4 players on one side thrashing 7 players on the other, then dont automatically help the side with less players, it is better to judge the team balance on terms of skill/score. :)

I'm sure that fairly soon UKRICH may offer up his opinion on this subject - he feels very strongly about it also ;)

T

thorne

So do I. I was playing a match last night and even with a server of all clanned players some were asking to even up, we had 2 less players but we were coping fine, 1 player eventually swapped but then a player left in their team as well so we had an extra player then and a better team hehe you cant win.

Wot Shady says is true but dont just go buy if they have a clan tag they are better player sand if they are blank then they are new coz this often aint true.

X

Xantaro

I'm sure that fairly soon UKRICH may offer up his opinion on this subject - he feels very strongly about it also

Damn right I do. :(

I hate uneven teams. There used to be a group of players who all went under a similar name, always played on the same team, and never switched...

Kit, The point to remember is that even numbers on each side do not ALWAYS constitute even teams. Experienced players beat the shit out of newbies, and I could comfortably take on 8 n00bs with ShadyD and no-one else. :)

There's another element though - time played. Take a game that's been going on for 10 minutes - if you see one team of 5, absolutely level with another team of 5, but on one team there's 3 players who've only just joined the server (showing '0' or '1' for time played) then chances are that team has just gotten stronger than it needs to.

Oops, I'm ranting, aren't I...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom