Failed registration...

R

Ransard

I tried to register speficially this tuesday when they just got up the subsciption servers again, and when I was about to validate my address/cd-key and everything, the page failed to load. When I tried to register again it said that the account was taken, and my cd-keys are now invalid. I've been trying to contact goa about this issue through subscription@goa.com.
I have haven't heard anything from them whatsoever in the past days (I emailed them exactly when I got the problem) and I'm starting to think that they wont respond on my problem through that email. Anyone know if there is some other place I should contact for this kind of problem, or even better if I can just call them, that way they can't just ignore it :p

J

jagha

same problem..fecking annoying, i know how you feel.

i e-mailed yesterday.. no response yet!!

did u use opera or netscape to subscribe?
i used opera and am wondering whether GOA are so shite as to not work fully wiv it? maybe it only works with IE as i've read elsewhere??

least they cud do is e-mail back to tell us they've received the fecking e-mail.

crutch

R

Ransard

I used IE6.0, but I think the page failing to load is because they had trouble with getting the subscription pages up working correctly, cause I managed to register a friends account yesterday.

At least you have only waited for half a day :p I've been waiting since tuesday *groan* And I highly doubt they will reply within the last half an hour to an hour, before they go home for the weekend :/

J

jagha

wot i wanna know is wen the fudge do we get our cd-keys avaliable again so we can try again. WEN CAN I BLOODY PLAY THE GAME I PLAYED 30 FUKEING QUID FOR???????????

also, their e-mail service is dreadful. wen i first e-mailed to ask bout not being able to access the subscription page i got this back.. (the next day bout 3ish)

"We invite you to read the following news from our official web site :

(link to news page)-----i cant post urls yet apparently

Sorry for the inconvenience."

BASTARDS!!!!!

As if i hadnt already checked the freakin news page to find out wot was going on. Complete retarded shambles at GOA methinks.

crutch

R

Ransard

Yeah I hear you. But I guess I have learnt something about this mess. Don't buy anything before you check the customer support / liability of the company. If I knew this, I would have returned to the US servers instead.

Anyways, still hoping they will reply before the friday is over so I can finally play!

J

jagha

i think i too wud suffer the company of the americans to play the damn game...hehe

i kinda regret buying the game now as its just causing me frustration. i'd be happier if i had no DAoC and all i cud do was continue playing champ man wivout thinkin bout DAoC.

J

jagha

if and when anyone actually gets to register a new account, cud it please be posted here. esp if you had the above problem...

i am still waiting for an email from GOA and need to know wen cdkeys are freed up again, or if anyone has actually got a response from GOA regarding this problem...

thanks.

J

jagha

FINALLY!!!!

i've managed to subscribe.

i think the only browser that works is IE5 and previous.

pressing the validate button does nothing in both Opera 7.11 and IE6. however, i have just reformatted me comp and attempted once more, without updating to IE6 first, and it worked first time, without even having to mess wiv proxies.

Thank christ!!

crutch

Users who are viewing this thread