Facts needed !

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
heard alotta different stuff from different peeps about this but I want to know what does rly affect slam ratio

some say it's : shield spec + dex

other say it's shield spec + dex + active ws (I always thought it was this so got capped str on one hand weap as well but not sure anymore)

really ened to knw if (pierce blade blunt spec) affects ur slam rate

..thx

rah

Fledgling Freddie
it takes the highest of your ws of equipped weapons, thats the conclusion the american testers came to a year ago!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
rah said:
it takes the highest of your ws of equipped weapons, thats the conclusion the american testers came to a year ago!

Yea yea the americans......

its wrong

For the last Time:

Shield skill and dex

nothing else :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
what der ice said!

If it was based on ws too, every hero who is split spec (lw+shield, CS+shield) would have shit block rates.

dex+shield skill.

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Yea yea the americans......

its wrong

For the last Time:

Shield skill and dex

nothing else :p

Americans rox fyi!! :D

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
If it's shield + dex, why do scouts have a horribly slam rate vs my ns? I evade it quite often, and the way I see it's because most scouts got gimp weapon spec.
Just my experience of course.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
If it's shield + dex, why do scouts have a horribly slam rate vs my ns? I evade it quite often, and the way I see it's because most scouts got gimp weapon spec.
Just my experience of course.

Maybe you evade quite often because you got high evade? :p

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
Think some here are talking about slam rate and others bout block rate? didn't think how often you'd land a slam would be affected by dex, but I don't know :)

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
Dex/WS or just WS, not 110% sure if thats it.
spoke with some who says its the speed of your RH weap aswell.

anyways hard to tell...

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
Hi,
Had the same question few months earlier, so I post to rightnow. Here is the chat I had with goa pple ( copy/paste from rightnow):

(1) -ME-
Hello,
I would like to ask a question about slam style.
Slam is a style from shield specialization tree. What factor counts to land a succesful slam? Dexterity or weaponskill or both?

Thank you in advance

(2) - GOA-
Response (CM) 12/07/2004 03:42 PM
Greetings,
Thank you for the query. To the best of my knowledge and following tests conducted on US servers, both are factored into your chance to hit with shield styles. We here at Goa cannot answer these type of questions with any guarantee of accuracy however as the calculation is deep within the code of the game and will only be known to Mythic's developers. You can submit questions to Mythic via the feedback form on their official website at www.camelotherald.com

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

(3) -ME-
I found the following answer in Herald's archives and I m sharing it with you :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: When using a shield related combat style (Slam, Brutalize, etc), does the game use your current slash/thrust/crush weapon skill as its base (as shown on your character info screen) OR is there a 'hidden' Shield weapon skill not shown on your character info screen (based on STR? & Shield Spec) that it uses instead?

A: It uses your shield skill - which is based on both your specialization level and dexterity.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(4) -GOA-
Response (CM) 12/09/2004 02:12 PM
Hello again,
Thanks for the update. I am aware of that answer however subsequent tests have shown that base weaponskill is factored into the hit calculation as well as shield skil and dexterity.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

(5) -ME-
Thank you for your replies and your time :).

Hope to help u :)

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
To-hit is unaffected by WS, it's a function of style bonus, %bonus on your weapon and %bonus on your opponent's armour, oh and level if you're attacking a monster/guard. AF might also affect it, but no-one can find any tests on this. So having 50 shield and only say 1 in all melee lines you'll miss as much as someone with 50 shield and say 50 slash.

Damage from shield attacks is based on your spec in shield, the delay on the shield, the dps of your shield, the style damage bonus, and your DEX.

What your weapon spec (not shield spec) does is increase your 'shield WS' (But unlike normal WS it doesn't increase damage) which increases your chance to break through stuff like Parry/Shield/Evade.
- Greggar Pally TL (The Paladin's Barracks)

This also reflects my own experience after some respecs.

Marc

FH is my second home
Do your own tests and i guarntee you will find that where slam is concerned + hit IS affected by WS. Me and a couple of guildies tested this extensively a while ago. We also found that chance to block = Shield Skill + Dex.

Try it

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
outright "miss" is completely unaffected by any stats or skills, but getting past other people's defences is.

Though there was some theories going about lately that displayed weaponskill might as well not be there and that it's entirely down to your stats (i.e. a paladin with 200 dex will have the same chances to get through as an armsman with 200 dex, but do less damage). Might be something to do with spec over 50 in a weapon line doing nothing for "real" weaponskill though.

Best plan: get a friend, /duel and test it.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
well nobody doubts that _blockrate_ is shieldspec+dex but, remember doing some very simple tests multiple times.. same toon with 6 weapon spec = miss slam like a turd, same toon 5 min later with 50 weapon spec = land almost every slam (weaponskill when equipping shield does the trick T.T)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
lofff said:
well nobody doubts that _blockrate_ is shieldspec+dex but, remember doing some very simple tests multiple times.. same toon with 6 weapon spec = miss slam like a turd, same toon 5 min later with 50 weapon spec = land almost every slam (weaponskill when equipping shield does the trick T.T)

completely contradicts every other test I've seen about "miss/hit" ratios (not evade/block/whatever), post logs.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
My understanding is that for slam, base chance to hit is Shield + Dex. However, chance to get through block/parry/evade will be affected by WS ( as in any melee situation). So a high evade ns will evade more against a low ws scout than say a high ws armsman, even though their base chance to hit might be higher on the scout (if their shield + dex > the armsman's).

Either way, you need to max shield, dex AND ws for practical purposes against anyone with any defence. ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
completely contradicts every other test I've seen about "miss/hit" ratios (not evade/block/whatever), post logs.

ive never played a shield tank myself, i never bothered enuff to go on detailed researching, i just played punchbag for friends eventually and i dont know exactly how does it work, if ws affects only chance to hit tru evade/parry/block like some say or whatever.. i only know that a extremelly simple test showed clearly that WS helped _lots_

do the test urself.. a couple respec stones aint gonna ruin you, very much doubt u will come back and show me logs in which the same character with same gear RAs.. same shield spec and dex, only 1hand spec as variable (and therefore weaponskill when shield is equipped) has anywhere close to same results on slam ratio.

And thats all i said, also all thread maker asked for, facts.

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
And thats all i said, also all thread maker asked for, facts.

Idd. and as I thought there are still alotta people contradicting eachother I tried to test it but it isn't as easy as alot is based on luck etc as well I'd need respec stones to test it etc :>

still if anyone finds out or knows for sure let me know because speccing 28 in blades would be totally obsolete then same as for getting 26str cap when having 1h weap equipped

would make template alot easier

<oh and thx for all the replies> :>

Marc

FH is my second home
Although WS DOES affect + to hit on slam, so do other factors. So for instance.. if you had 50+11 shield +100 dex and 1500 WS. you MAY slam more than someone with 42 + 11 shield +85 dex and 1560 WS. The tests I conducted where just to say what happens when changing WS, NOT the other variables such as shield or dex. My tests were purely to see if WS increases + to hit, which my tests confirmed it did. However, as my toa temp was 42 + 11 shield and I had almost capped dex (think i got an extra +20 toa cap) i concentrated on the WS element to increase + to hit, so I went 44 + 11 slash.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
rah said:

Same test where they found out that qui affects castspeed? xDDDDD

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Same test where they found out that qui affects castspeed? xDDDDD
Some of the brightest minds surely reside in the US! Ph3ar teh qui caster!!!!
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom