Factional Warfare

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
All things about Factional Warfare, experiences, opinions, discussions.

Factional Warfare Player Guide

Factional Warfare territory map (big pic, work in progress):

FWtest.png

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Have you joined it yet?

If so how do you avoid the blobs?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Have you joined it yet?

If so how do you avoid the blobs?

SMASH is dead and all the PvPers in my corp has left. I've resigned roles and will be trying out FW for 1-2 weeks before I join a RK corp to help with Germinate. Afaik the blobs congregate in the nearest FW lowsec system close to highsec, like Tama, Old Man Star and such. If you avoid that area I think you are fine.

I also think Caldari and Gallente field the largest blobs, Minmatar and Amarr are more even that way. I've not tried it out to see this first hand, but based on observations on forums, in-game map activity and passing militia.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
how are things going in germinate im waiting on a new gfx card before i can game properly and so have missed the contract on smashkill and i know from what kia pilots have said on our forums its going well but i wondered how it was going form the thother side oh and hit me up in game when im back in properly kiagumpy

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Some thoughts. It's easy to get into fleets, there's always one going and EVE Voice works absolutely great.

However gameplay and Minmatar - Amarr balance isn't the greatest. It's mostly about roaming (great!), capping plexes (wohoo!) which involves orbiting a round thingy for about 30 mins (yay....). Rarely Amarrs make a gang to counter most plexes, mainly because of their numbers though.

All in all it's good organized and you got some heavy hitter corps backing up all the sides. Not got much time to play anything nowdays, but will try this for a few more weeks, not my cup of tea though.

About Geminate;
Seems most RK have given up though and Daisho / KIA are taking the stations or have taken the stations so it's grats to them. However it would be an impossible task for them without Goon backing (doing most of the work aswell). Doubt they'll hold the space for a long time aswell. They've not got the numbers to hold that many stations tbh.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hmm, only tried this game for a month last time, but I kinda enjoyed it. Might give it another go now as AoC is teh boring.

(Think I've been watching too much sci-fi lately :p)

Poag

m00?
About Geminate;
Seems most RK have given up though and Daisho / KIA are taking the stations or have taken the stations so it's grats to them. However it would be an impossible task for them without Goon backing (doing most of the work aswell). Doubt they'll hold the space for a long time aswell. They've not got the numbers to hold that many stations tbh.

Geminate war is actually entirely over now. Last station sov flipped yesterday and was captured by the americans last night. KIA and Daisho are hanging around to shoot the last pos's with a small Goonswarm presence from the logistics guys to setup GS sov in the area.

Most if not all the fighting forces have left the area for the new battlefield now :)

The sov map will show where that is in the next week or so i'm guessing ;)

Goons were never intending to hold the geminate space, they didn't care who had it aslong as it wasn't RK/SMSH. So they ended up giving it away for free to KIA/Daisho, keeping the highend moons for GS afaik.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
meh as long as i have ratting space and easier empire access than pb (55 jumps through 0.0 howerver you looked at it) i dont really mind if goons have the high end moons.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Joined FW and had three nights out so far. It seems to be a lot of fun - beats empire station camping any day.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
man i'm so bummed that i took ALL my stuff up to MP5 when my corp joined BoB.

i so wanna give this a go again but i just cant be arsed trying to get all that stuff again :/

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Then all in all, you don't want to give this another try. :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Then all in all, you don't want to give this another try. :D

sure i do. i wanna try the factional warfare. i dont want to spend months gearing back up and THEN try factional warfare :)

but your a rich little pirate aint ya? care to donate a billion or so? :p

taB

Part of the furniture
Why can't you sell your stuff in MP5 and buy it again in empire?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Why can't you sell your stuff in MP5 and buy it again in empire?

Aya, unless it's deadspace/officer stuff or a hoard of capital ships, there's no bother hauling them around the universe. BS and t2 stuff are easy to sell in 0.0 if priced sensibly. Tech1 stuff except some best named goes straight in the trash-can.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
because its in Goon space (or atleast it has been, cant locate MP5 on the who's owning what map" so i cant tell for sure), and i dont wanna sell them anything after they took my home away from me ;)

/edit: but now that i think about it, i could probably get a pretty sweet deal on all that stuff as its WAY out in 0.0 :)

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I actually reactivated to try out FW, it was nice, sort of like PvP on tap similar to the CA vs SA war, but ultimatley i've moved on from eve so haven't really played it more than a week.

Nice idea though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Maasu, can you (or anyone else) do a map search for MP5 and see who hold sov?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
United Legion hold the station in U5 the corp is U.K.R.A.I.N.E.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I actually reactivated to try out FW, it was nice, sort of like PvP on tap similar to the CA vs SA war, but ultimatley i've moved on from eve so haven't really played it more than a week.

Nice idea though.

CA vs SA war was nice. Prolly the best long term war that the game ever had, no capital ship bullshit, just a FFA daily, fleets gathering over 25 jumps and more, people coming with their mining alts, smaller fleets, yet laggy, but it was a good fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
United Legion hold the station in U5 the corp is U.K.R.A.I.N.E.

hmm. ok, now here's a little more noob question. as i've never been in a player operated station thats hostile before, what happens when i log in? will i promptly get booted out of the station with whatever ship i docked with and left to my misery or can i use a jump clone to get out (while leaving everything behind)?

taB

Part of the furniture
Not hard fact: You can login and I imagine jump clone out. However they may well have revoked your j/c rights in the station and therefore you won't be able to get back there again once you leave.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
You can log in and JC out easily. You can also JC back. Revoking JC rights only stops people making new jump clones it does not stop people using jump clones already in station.

You can access your ships and all your stuff and put it up for sale using contracts but not the market.

You will not be able to use the fittings or repair services either.

Nat/Shark

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
oh and if you undock - you won't be able to redock....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i suspected something like that. gonna resub next month and see if i can atleast break even on all the crap i have up there.

wonder if i'm still in that shit corp....

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
CA vs SA war was nice. Prolly the best long term war that the game ever had, no capital ship bullshit, just a FFA daily, fleets gathering over 25 jumps and more, people coming with their mining alts, smaller fleets, yet laggy, but it was a good fun.

Yup fun times! :flame:

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
SO in retrospect.. what has factional warfare done for/to the game?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Initially it went very well as far as I know. Some nice big gangs and a lot of action with people not normally fighting being brought into playing. Then when people realised the objectives were largely unattainable regarding sovereignty a lot of people left it.

I had a great time there and Kaminjosvig enjoyed it a lot.

Now in Celestial Apoc and having a great time when I get time to log in and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom