Faction detection

J

jodster

Afternoon Folks

Just wondering if someone can explain how I was 'faction detected' last night, and hence shot at, when just riding around on my swoop. Thanks to the speed of bike i got away (I'd have been dead if running!) but I didn't realise that this existed in the game. I was then flagged for 10 minutes following being detected.

So, how does this happen and can you detect where a faction scanner (think that's what it was described as) exists and hence avoid it? And if you can't detect them do they work 100%?

Apols if this has been done before but i couldn't see it and am still very new to this game.

Cheers

Jod

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying myself (despite the bugs) on Chimaera
Formerly lieing face down following attempted sorcery on Prydwen

E

Ebonn

Faction scanners can be bought with faction points or often come with some faction base's. they are static and look like small lamps or so and are destroyable, if you go withen a certain distance of a enamy scanner and are covert it will detect you, giving you a TEF.

They work 100% and the only way to avoid them is to keep watch, but while hurtling around on a bike its not that easy.

J

jodster

Thanks

Thanks for that Ebonn, rather useful thing to know and yet there doesn't seem to be (admittedly via a quick-cause-at-work search) much about them on the forums etc.

Cheers

Jod

N

Nightchill

On the US servers all the declared cities have faction scanners with turrets nearby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom