fable review :D

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
8 pages? Cant be bothered to read that, I've seen some gameplay vids and know I want it already. :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Someone sum it up for me, what the hell is fable and why is EVERYONE going nuts about it?

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
so..its easy, only 20 hours of gameplay and most of the cool features have been removed (namely the damn co-op!!) oh well, its an RPG so ill be getting it ;p

Starman

Part of the furniture
Yeah its a shame that the Xbox Live features were removed.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Wonkey said:
its a game made by lionhead :wub:
That's a bad thing IMHO.

All it means is that it gets loads of hype about some new super feature. Gets released to loads of fanboy reviews where it turns out to be the biggest thing since the last Lionhead game and then after more than 30 mins play it turns out to be rather shit in reality.

Wonkey

Fledgling Freddie
its the same guy who made Dungeon Keeper etc afaik. So it cant be that bad :D

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Just read the whole IGN review (yep, I had nothing better to do) and to be quite fucking honest it sounds fantastic.

As someone who has only been following this game since about two weeks ago, all the missed out features etc. will not bother me. I haven't played a good RPG for ages and this sounds perfect. Not too deep and yet not too shallow either.

Deffo looking forward to this now.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It won't be too shallow. I'm only going by a review here, but the guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about and he never mentioned it being shallow once. He says that it 'doesn't have the freedom of Morrowind, but you still get a lot of choice on where you go and what you do' etc. This isn't a bad thing to me, as I felt that I had too much freedom in Morrowind. Most of the time I felt overwhelmed and didn't know if I was coming or going. I'm getting mixed thoughts about the longetivity of the game though. Some are saying that if you get the maximum out of the game and try everything then you can get 40+ hours out of it, while others are saying that the most you can get is 20-25. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't really get why they cut some of the simpler features, for example little kids in the towns getting the same haircut as you because they look up to you, how hard would that have been to implement.

I'll still check it out I think, maybe rent it to see whether it's worth buying.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Gamespot Review. Not bad, not bad... it really is the sort of game that you have to play for yourself before you can base a real opinion on it though, I think.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Can't wait watched the Gamespot review and liked it even more, I think im kinda blinded by what people say about it, I will love it just for the fact you can belch in peoples faces.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Its a very good game. Just switched it off tho which doesnt bode well. Hasnt grabbed me by the bollocks yet.

Gray

FH is my second home
Isnt Fable out on the PC version?...

I read that Absath (Guy who makes CAD comics) has it i do believe, well, he made no reference to Xbox....

Clues?

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
penny-arcade weren't too keen on it. Have a looksie at gabe's latest post.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Got it yesterday. Liking it very much so far. A lot of people are gunning it because of the features that were removed. Apparently it was one of the most anticipated RPGs ever.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm quite frustrated with it now, the fight system annoys the crap out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom