fable help

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ok i got 2 questions about fable that are pissing me off -

how do you pick rent up when you rent a property out?

books , how do you read them?! i can read notes as they come up
underneath but i cannot read books. it looks like i should be able to press 'A' on the book and it opens but nope.

i cannot find anything ingame or in the manual that helps with these.

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
rent :- just go somewhere else for awhile then come back, as you portal/arrive in the area you'll get the rent and find people in the house.

as for books I assume you can read them all the in the logbook options?

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
A little more detail -

when you port into an area where you own property you will see at the bottom of the screen:

"Collectable Rent : xxxx / xxxx" (xxxx being amounts of gold). The first number is what you can pick up right now, the second number is the max rent available from this area.

I've got 5 shops and 4 houses and its a nice earner heh.

To actually physically pick up the rent simply walk up to the sign outside your property and touch it (ie. walk right into it). you should see a green +xxxx appear next to your moneybag and the money drop in.

About shops - its easier to get the market traders stalls rather than anything like a barber's etc. Rather than kill the owner or anything simply get them to follow you (presuming you have enough reknown) and then walk out of the city/town/zone. Then in the next area tell them to wait - and go back to the shop which should now have a for sale sign up ;)

Enjoying the game a lot, played it solid since release. Its unfortunately no amazing ground breaking game but its a good looking quality title. I was playing pure evil but am neutral now. Think I'll go for Paladin next time.

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Why have I not even heard of this game? Do I live under a stone? What's it about? What console? ARGH!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
echo said:
Why have I not even heard of this game? Do I live under a stone? What's it about? What console? ARGH!

Its for the Xbox mate. Its one of Peter Molyneux's babies - he made an apology recently for it not having lots of features that he babbled on about whilst it was in development.

Its still a good game though - its now officially the fastest selling xbox title but I'm sure that will change when Halo 2 comes out next month ;).

IGN have a big feature on it.

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Shiters. I had a snoop about and it looks remarkably good, but, alas, the one console I don't own is the sodding XBox.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
This game has destroyed my brother! He sits in his room marrying women and then slaughtering and/or divorcing them. :( He ate himself to obesity yesterday so he could get through a special Demon door. And he won't let me start a new game. :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I want to buy this game for the sick hobby of marrying women with rich parents and then murdering their parents and stealing all the money. Muahahah. :p

tris-

this game makes me a psycho. i get women drunk and beat them up because they are whores and deserve it :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Finally arrived yesterday, I had it on pre-order for 2 years I can't believe its been that long.

Tis a good game playing it quite soildly, made me late for work this morning.

I just love fishing, that is what made orcania of time great and now Fable.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Still for all the cool things you can do on the side the actual game proper is a little short, I just moaned about it myself in the rpg forum

Fable: Shortest game ever?

Still it does have repeat value :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
It may be short but its quite enjoyable.

The only other Console RPG that has made me think WOW nice game is Morrowind it is huge, I played it for a year without even touching the main storyline, I only discovered it because my mate was ranting about it and I didn't have a clue what he was on about. I've had about 2 yrs now and im still finding new stuff and quests. Prolly the best RPG around, though you can't fish.

Sry I started ranting, NEway I think Fable's main storyline is just the right length even though I think the start should have been longer, I really didn't care when my family died there should have had more missions so that you feel at least some emotion when they died, like when everybody dies in Unreal 2 right at the end, I was like NOOO!!!. but when my family died in Fable I was like so what onto to training I guess.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
True plightstar, true.

I reckon with Fable is that after they got the tricky parts right it would of been nice if they'd spent longer on story writing. If you compare the amount of plotting in Fable on both main and sideline stories to Morrowinds you'd find that Morrowinds was both more original and vastly (100's of times) greater in length.

ps: I'm still plugging away on Morrowind on the Xbox. My lvl 54 char still has the bloodmon add-on storyline to complete! I have NO idea how long I've been playing this game, talk about value for money! hehe

tris-

i played morrowind ages ago. i got about level 35, killed vivec for his gloves, got star thingy. err then stopped.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Due to communication problems with the missus (dont ask) - I now have 2 copies of Fable.

So...a mint copy of Fable is up for sale - I'd do it for 25 quid including postage (UK only).

If interested drop me a PM. I always sell stuff on here, ask any of the regs - I post immediately and get proof of postage yadda yadda yadda. :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Lol Xtro. I've somehow ended up with two copies of Rome: Total War, I'll probably try to get rid of one of them on ebay, but that's another story.

As for Fable, everything sounded really, really fun on paper but once you start doing it in the game it doesn't really seem all that great. I got drunk once or twice, got married once, had sex once and played each bar game once or twice. Everything just seemed very shallow and if you do something once there really doesn't seem to be much incentive to bother doing it again.

The world as a whole is an okay size, but it is cut up into very small sections and the long loading times between them become a bitch after a few hours of play. Also, the fact that it is fenced takes away a lot of the freedom that the game seems to be trying to offer you.

The story was nothing special, but it kept the game chugging along well enough.

I was expecting a larger, unfenced world with more to do. I would've also expected the character interaction to be more than just random emote spamming. Like pretty much everything else in the game, once you've interacted with a couple of characters for ten or twenty minutes, you probably will not feel the need to do it again due to the repetitive nature of it.

Sorry, I realise I have probably thrown a little too much dirt at this game without pointing out any of its good features, which there are a lot of. I liked the game, but it just seemed like another average hack'n'slash RPG rather than the incredible game that it seemed to be from what was written on previews and reviews across the internet.

tris-

if you wanna go through the fences there is a digging glitch.

put your back to something and just keep digging! you will move either backwards or upwards. some parts have been filled with stuff but then fenced off when they released the game

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
They cut so much...bah.

The worst is cutting the Dragon out. there's quite a few references to it (now the "dorgon") still dotted around.

I agree Dillinja - this is a solid game, but was marketed more a la Morrowind (do what you want and oh btw theres a main quest in there if you want) but ended up pretty but too small. I hate the artificial fencing in and small zones. Hardly stuff of a "Fable" :(

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Go where you want! As long as you follow the path!

Disapointed is an understatement but a fairly solid game.

tris-

i completed main quest and all but 2 side quests in 13 hours, the DD were a load of shit but i did them after :/

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I completed the main quest after 16 hours, but I took my time and tried to do as much as I possibly could between each section of the Main Quest.

tris-

for the hell of it i dug my self back inside the guild grounds today :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
As of 9 yesterday I have played through for a 3rd time and I have done everything, all missions wife in each town, own all shops and homes, got all weapons and armour plus all books etc.. maxed out all stats and have donated enough money to be 30 again. Mind you I just love fighting Baverines and Trolls over and over. Yet I still play it that must say something about the game, usually when I've done everything I sell it but I still want it, I haven't done this since Halo and JSRF. I think I love the mini games even though people said they only want to play them once but I like beating my own high scores. And that singing guy is worth a mint on his own.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Glad you liked it so much mate.

Whilst I enjoyed it very much, after completing all the side quests as well as the main quest I flogged the game. It took me all of 13 minutes to sell too :)

Yes I could go back and open all the DD's and get one or two more weapons and max a few spells out. Ho Hum :( I expected to be playing this game for months, not 10 hours. Bah!

tris-

you can go back and get all weapons, but if you got the sword of you know who then you dont need jack all.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I know your right I was expecting to be playing it through the first time for a lot longer like a typical rpg, rather than a typical action game. Mind you it was good for Peter Molyenux to say he was sorry at least, how many developers do that. Did the Daikantana team say sorry no.

Well we will have to wait till Jade Empire and SWKOTOR 2 and of course elder scrolls 4 but that won't be till Xbox 2 unless Fable gets an update or a sequel.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Well I've just completed the game again too. Evil this time, though it stuck in my throat leading women into the woods to kill them (must be getting soft in my old age).

I'm gonna trade it in which is something I very, very rarely do. It's not that its bad but it is really, really, really too short. Really.

I just don't understand how you make a game so short as it's not exactly hard getting little quest ideas, mini adventures etc into a game. Thats the easy stuff.

I'll probably keep it till 2nd week of November then see if there's anything decent too buy for the xbox then.

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
Finished it after 15 hours or so. It's fairly pretty and it's a got a nice (but short) story. I don't like how detached you feel from the story though, hero doesn't say anything or show any emotion thoughout the game. Just not enough to it sadly. Trading in tomorrow for Star Ocean.

tris-

Tenko said:
I'll probably keep it till 2nd week of November then see if there's anything decent too buy for the xbox then.

halo 2 or pro evo 4 :)

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
GOD!

I forgot about Pro Evo 4!!

/Speurghhhh!

Think Im gonna have to sell some of the kids games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom