F1

E

Embattle

Judging by last nights qualifying for qualifying it seems business as usual :(

Y

~YuckFou~

Just watched the final qualifying, he's done it again despite a big mistake early in the lap :( Thing is though we don't know his fuel load, or how his tyres will perform.
The new Ferrari does seems to be quantum leaps ahead of the other cars though.

T

Tom

This is mostly because of their exclusive manufacturer deal with Bridgestone. All the other teams have to share development of Michelin tyres.

A

Ash!

Could never get into Formula 1 racing myself. Not saying its not worth watching but isnt it just cars going round and round very fast ?

M

mank!

Originally posted by Ash!
Could never get into Formula 1 racing myself. Not saying its not worth watching but isnt it just cars going round and round very fast ?

Yeah it is, and it's pretty easy to guess who will win now!

*cue people slagging off football*

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
This is mostly because of their exclusive manufacturer deal with Bridgestone. All the other teams have to share development of Michelin tyres.

A change in the rules this year means that all teams can have tyres developed especially for their car.

S

Scouse

Formula 1 rules, Football rules (in all forms).

250-500 million people watch each F1 race, 500 million plus watched the FA Cup between Arsenal and Southampton (!) so there much be SOMETHING which people can see in them......

.....even if some people can't :p

S

Scouse

Xane - you're WRONG. Just like you were when you said that only 30million watched the England v Argentina match. :)

(I think it was you anyway- if not soz).

If I'm going to be pedantic - it's actually estimated as 500 million households rather than people!

/edit - (worldwide that is...)

N

nath

Originally posted by bodhi
English football is shit.

My brother shares these sentiments, and claims that Spanish football is absolutely incredible. Or something.

All looks shite to me.

S

Scouse

My brother shares these sentiments, and claims that Spanish football is absolutely incredible. Or something.

All looks shite to me.

Ahhh - the uneducated eye ;)

As with most things, the longer you are exposed to something the better it gets (unless it's the same woman....)

Spanish football is sorta viewed as in between English football (very physical) and Italian football (very skillfull, but full of nancy-boys).

Personally - I prefer English and Spanish over Italian...

M

mank!

I'm not keen on Italian football, Spanish is good but I much prefer English football.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Scouse
Ahhh - the uneducated eye ;)

As with most things, the longer you are exposed to something the better it gets (unless it's the same woman....)

I've been exposed to English football for 10 years now. I thought it was good until I started watching Serie A, then I realised how little real skill and technique are involved compared with Italian football.

S

Scouse

Yeah - but someone farting in the top tier of the stand will knock half the team over in Italy....

....either that or they grease the pitch and have razorblades lining it - judging by the amount they roll about if they so much as kick the ball to hard.....the puffs.....:eek:

O

old.tRoG

Bah, Scottish football are teh daddy.

/me puts on his sumbrero and heads for Seville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom