f-ing rediculous

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just been watching newsround before neighbours (hot chicks ftw) and there was a bit on tom and jerry cartoons.

apparently they are under fire. not because of their insane amounts of violence, or depicting cats chasings mice...

but because these cats (who can talk btw, and play tennis, and all kinds of things) are shown to be smoking cigars. apparently these scenes must be edited from the cartoons.

what a load of shit. who the fucking hell works in the departments that decide these things? i imagine a typical conversation something like -

idiot 1 - you know in tom n jerry, the cats smoke cigars right?

idiot 2 - really? well if young people see cats smoking cigars on a cartoon then they will try it wont they?

idiot 1 - sounds about right. im glad we are both so naive to think that, LETS GET OUR EDITING HATS ON

idiot 2 - LOL

does anyone here agree with these people?

Himse

FH is my second home
Fucking dont listen to that shit =|

its all these fucking twats who sit at home like, greenpeace people ffs. ZOMG he's got a cigar! thats what makes children smoke! ban ban!

jesus, some people are so retarded, if kids smoke because of that its because they have something wrong in the head. It is in no way under influence of the cartoon. Its like they say all these games cause people to murder and shit, bollocks. Its all about the state of mind of the person.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Political correctness is the language of cowardice

(Billy Connolly)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I saw that ...
It's fine for them to knock 10 different colours of shit out of each other with hammers, axes, chainsaws, & any other weapons which happen to be at hand but OMGZORZ HE IS TEH SMOKING OMGZORZ!!1!
There's a lesson about a certain nations morality in there somewhere =/
Talk about overreacting LOL

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
im glad ive bought the looney toons box set.

5 discs of hardcore violence

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
im glad ive bought the looney toons box set.

5 discs of hardcore violence
And smoking ;)

Tbh I don’t think smoking should be portrayed as being cool in cartoons or any kind of TV etc, but to remove the scenes in existing movies is kind of silly.
Smoking is not cool. It’s dumb, expensive and unhealthy and it kills you and the ppl you love. NOT cool.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I think the smoking in T&J just reflected to attitudes of that time in the states (where it was also thought that having radiation in your water was good for you!) To edit it out its to tamper with history :(

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
when tom smokes cigars dont they usually blow up in his face? mainly due to that bastard mouse. Surely that is a deterrant to smoking?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Serbitar said:
when tom smokes cigars dont they usually blow up in his face? mainly due to that bastard mouse. Surely that is a deterrant to smoking?

Quite true actually - if you are a kid watching them, and all you see is exploding cigars, what are you going to say when someone offers you one - "No thanks, I like my eyebrows too much".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom