F.E.A.R

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
When was the last time you were really scared or spooked when playing a game? F.E.A.R is going to offer a mixture of action and supernatural events with the aim of bringing a unique gaming style and more importantly a clear determination to scare the crap out of anyone who plays it :)

Imagine standing in a descending lift, gun at the ready when the lights suddenly go out. You hear a scraping noise. As you brace for action the lights flicker on and you glimpse a shadow of a girl directly in front of you (think The Ring) and the lights die as the lift plummets....

Other features of the game will include a SlowMo feature, which is similar to bullet time in Max Payne, and detailed environments.

Kevin Stephens, director of technology at Monolith Productions comments on the AI:
The AI is a very dynamic AI. The AI are always changing, depending on the environment, depending on what the player is doing, where the player is... There are certain sequences where there are some scripted events, but very rarely do we use scripted sequences for the AI, almost never. It gonna be more a kind of a sequence that has to be scary, or something like that. The AI is definetely something were we evolved a lot in the last few years in first-person shooters. We want to make it so anytime you are inner a combat situation, you don't know what's gonna happen, you don't know exactly what's they gonna do.

Eurogamer have knocked together a Multiplayer preview, and expect to see F.E.A.R hit the shelves in the 2nd quarter of 2005.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
It's suppose to be F.E.A.R but it defaults to F.e.a.r bah :)

Cyfr

Banned
First thing that hits me about this game is, dark shadows, doom3, crap. :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Cyfr said:
First thing that hits me about this game is, dark shadows, doom3, crap. :p

Looks alright.. more interested in BF2 though :D

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
SAS said:
When was the last time you were really scared or spooked when playing a game? F.E.A.R is going to offer a mixture of action and supernatural events with the aim of bringing a unique gaming style and more importantly a clear determination to scare the crap out of anyone who plays it :)

Imagine standing in a descending lift, gun at the ready when the lights suddenly go out. You hear a scraping noise. As you brace for action the lights flicker on and you glimpse a shadow of a girl directly in front of you (think The Ring) and the lights die as the lift plummets....

Other features of the game will include a SlowMo feature, which is similar to bullet time in Max Payne, and detailed environments.

Kevin Stephens, director of technology at Monolith Productions comments on the AI:
The AI is a very dynamic AI. The AI are always changing, depending on the environment, depending on what the player is doing, where the player is... There are certain sequences where there are some scripted events, but very rarely do we use scripted sequences for the AI, almost never. It gonna be more a kind of a sequence that has to be scary, or something like that. The AI is definetely something were we evolved a lot in the last few years in first-person shooters. We want to make it so anytime you are inner a combat situation, you don't know what's gonna happen, you don't know exactly what's they gonna do.

Eurogamer have knocked together a Multiplayer preview, and expect to see F.E.A.R hit the shelves in the 2nd quarter of 2005.

I'm still shook up after ravenhall in hl2 and doom 3, I'm really looking forward to this game. Even though I'm a chicken shit.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Its not a Glen :p

It's a FH news post, with upto date material (latest screen shots e.t.c), includeing fresh material to try and give you a feel of the horror that will grip you... therefore the defence rests...

/me lets the jury decide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom