F.E.A.R - Better than Half Life 2??

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen a 10 mins ish vid and the gameplay looks a bit boring :eek:
The hand to hand combat looked good (flying kick and stuff) but I wonder how often you would use it instead of just shooting them.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Looks spooky with that little girl appearing and ripping the soldiers to bits.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, that's some scary crap. Doom 3 scared the hell out of me but I enjoyed it. Hope this will doom-a-like

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Looks pretty good to me. I shall be keeping an eye out for this one.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
will definatly be better then HL2, with that said, im keeping my expectations low ;)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a tough one that HL2 vs F.E.A.R, HL2 was a great a great romp thats for sure. I reckon F.E.A.R will appeal to a more mature audience after a more darker story line. Saying that Doom 3 was a cracking piece of theatre and yet the MP community barely has a pulse. I reckon F.E.A.R will be a great SP game whether it lives on in a MP format is another story, HL2 owes most of it's MP success to mods whether F.E.A.R has the same mod driven community remains to be seen that's why I hope we see more than just DM in a MP capacity.

Not that theres anything wrong with DM, I'll play it till the cows come home if the game is right but it doesn't suit everyone. I'd like to see F.E.A.R have CTF and an Assault mode as well. Given it's dark nature and story line a Vampire Slayer mod with a psychic / slasher / modern feel to it would be cool. Outside of the Sin remakes set to be released via steam with the HLS i'm still waiting for someone to make a decent cyber punk modification along the lines of Sin yet. F.E.A.R could provide a decent vehicle for that, depends.

HL2 and F.E.A.R (demo) at this stage I would say might be equally matched in a SP capacity, depends what you want out of a game. As for MP it's anybodys guess but I very much doubt it will come anywhere near the success HL2 and it's mods have had. You never know stranger things have happened....

Poag

m00?
mm...grisly video

Think it'll be good, but it appears to be fairly liner with not much in the way other than shoot and get scared outta ur whits.

While HL1 had some pretty decent puzzles too figure out and HL2...well..ok it didn't but well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm. it takes 60 zillion years for the player to empty his clip......aaaaaaaaaand it looks like SWAT meets "The Ring". muh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
HL2 singleplayer was a major yawn-fest, FEAR wins hands down in that department.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
cHodAX said:
HL2 singleplayer was a major yawn-fest, FEAR wins hands down in that department.

Incorrect.
It plays like a second rate HL2 with a sprinkle of D3.
IMO of course.

My copy will be on Ebay next week.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bit of a let down for me. It is good but no where near as good as HL2.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bugger. as I've ordered it friday last. oh well, I'll let you know what I think of it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Completed it today, very very underwhelmed. The graphics do not live up the bullshit reviews, the gameplay is extremely generic and offering nothing new at all. The story is a mess and has no flow at all plus the ending leaves you feeling very flat, they may be planning a sequel judging by the ending but I for one won't be buying it. Also the whole horror theme just didn't work, only once in 12 hours gameplay did it in anyway make me jump, that leaves 11 hours 59 mins of trudging through levels that all look very very similair and fighting through squads of enemy NPC's that all look the same. Yes you get different enemy NPC's as you progress but it is always a case of only 2 different types of NPC per level and despite the reasonable AI they are still very very predictable.

With hindsight I would never have bought this game, the reviews have been written by FPS fanboys with ultra-high end graphics cards and they wrote the reviews for the same kind of people.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:

That was based on the demo, totally changed my opinion since completing the game. Both games disappointed.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ending was fucking garbage. Worst ending to a game ive ever played. Hello FEAR 2!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom