Eye Strain :(

S

Scouse

I've finally played so many games that my eyes have started bleeding :(

A trip to the opticians tomorrow may uncover whether the pain in my eyes is permanent or will lead to lasting damage..... (the 18 hours a day I've been spending in front of CRT's for the last two weeks have been the straw that broke the camels back I think)....

(and no - it's not all games - I've been "working" hard :( )

So... Question is.... Since I have no intention of giving up gaming and also have no intention of fucking my eyesight.... does anyone know of a *really* good LCD display (20-21" at least) that has a response time good enough for gaming?

It appears my 21" monitor will have to shuft over to my second machine.....

D

Durzel

I hear ya dawg.

My antiquated 21" Iiyama is really starting to show its age. I can barely read it now, I'm gonna have to bust it down from 1600x1200 to a lower res. My mates LCD, by contrast, is as sharp as a pin.

D

Durzel

What kind of ballpark are you looking at for a 20-21" LCD screen then, because I'd be quite interested as well :)

G

Gef

20" - 21" your looking at £1500 really, bit steep for a screen..

See

D

Durzel

Depends on whether they're already part knackered or not (i.e. in my case :() I'd rather pay that sort of money on laser eye surgery to be honest.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Durzel
Depends on whether they're already part knackered or not (i.e. in my case :() I'd rather pay that sort of money on laser eye surgery to be honest.

as he said

S

Scouse

Eyes are previously perfect. Hopefully (if I can get off this damn forum) they'll return to normal again ;)

and yup - £1500 is a bargain for hundreds of hours of eye-strain-free gaming :)

T

Tom

How close do you sit to your monitor, what kind of ambient lighting is there, and how high is the contrast on your screen?

S

Scouse

How close do you sit to your monitor, what kind of ambient lighting is there, and how high is the contrast on your screen?

1) Depends on whether it's work/home/laptop etc. 18"?

2) Ambient lighting ranging from poo to average.

3) Contrast on the screen is probably rather high - like things to be crisp and easy to see :)

............what's the prognosis doc?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Scouse
1) Depends on whether it's work/home/laptop etc. 18"?

2) Ambient lighting ranging from poo to average.

3) Contrast on the screen is probably rather high - like things to be crisp and easy to see :)

............what's the prognosis doc?

aids, ul :(

S

(Shovel)

Gotta love the 22.2" Iiyama TFT on that dabs link: Max resolution of 3840 x 2400...

'tis a shame about the £5000 tag on it thorugh.

W

wolfeeh

scouse.

for gaming you're pretty much fucked as regards high-end lcd screens.

HOWEV4!

Samsung Syncmaster 191T
19" 25ms response time, £650 avg. 1280*1024

is awesome for gaming, i had one with my new computer before it had to go back, no ghosting or anything, also use them everyday in a workplace that has literally 4000-5000 of the things - dead reliable.

any further up the scale and the response rate drops through the floor.

have you considered two 17" tft's? 16ms response for gaming + two displays = more efficient proper working.

btw 18" = optimum viewing distance

L

Lester

Re: scouse.

Originally posted by wolfeeh

i also use them everyday in a workplace that has literally 4000-5000 of the things

*AHEM* Surely they wouldn't miss one or two then?

S

Scouse

Why can't you get the fekkers without bloody speakers built in...

Dunno why - but I'd kind of resent buying a TFT with inbuilt speakers that I wouldn't use because my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1's do a grand job already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom