Exploit?

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
A stealther called Rivon has been continuously doing this just now. Basically i was with a load of Albs just below the CK doors and he would appear out of nowhere, hit someone then disappear, always out of range no matter how quick i was to respond. He wasn't the only one but he was the only one who did it non-stop. Someone mentioned using a gatekeeper exploit, is the against the CoC?

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
What i think your seeing...is that you can stealth inside the keep. Then talk to gate keeper to be teleported outside. When you get outside, you click on teleporter again and run towards enemies...for instance as you albs was attacking? the keep doors.

You won't have much time to respond, as no matter about he gets stunned or anything....even dying, then he will be ported inside. Dunno about its an exploit, but sure is funny sometimes :-P

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I could see him running down while swinging but couldnt even get with insta debuf. If he's able to kill people while being impossible ot hit back then surely it's against CoC.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
I could see him running down while swinging but couldnt even get with insta debuf. If he's able to kill people while being impossible ot hit back then surely it's against CoC.

Nope, working as intended.

Indeed this is the gatekeeper "exploit".........however the keeper takes time to cast his spell, so this works both ways as it takes a while for him to port you in when you are in desperate need of getting inside :)

As this guy can be hit and can hit others while outside the keep there is no exploit.

It's a bit cowardly and a lil bit lame, but thats about it.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
But no one could hit him :(. Oh well just have to make sure i give him a good kicking when i see him away from the keep.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
1) You can kill him, he gets hi as if outside
2) Unless u are lvl 20 in thid he wont kill u since hes not out long enuff to hit pf unless ur up right next to the keep even then he prolly get ported out
3) You obviouly were too slow, INSTA debuff is excatly that, is beyond me how u cant land it.

Imo he is not lame or cowardly but is using his brain, all you had to do was move further down ck hill and he would be ported in too quick to get to you, unless ofc u were taking the keep in which case u should have really had people gt or pbaoe the gk.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
1) You can kill him, he gets hi as if outside
2) Unless u are lvl 20 in thid he wont kill u since hes not out long enuff to hit pf unless ur up right next to the keep even then he prolly get ported out
3) You obviouly were too slow, INSTA debuff is excatly that, is beyond me how u cant land it.

Imo he is not lame or cowardly but is using his brain, all you had to do was move further down ck hill and he would be ported in too quick to get to you, unless ofc u were taking the keep in which case u should have really had people gt or pbaoe the gk.

1) No one out of the 20 or so albs in front of the keep could hit him, always said out of range.
2)If someone is low on health he will.
3)As stated in no.1, no one could hit him, you could see him running down the hill with his weap drawn and it always said out of range.

Yes we could have moved further down but then wouldn't be able to hit any of the mids and no he didn't kill many if any it just seems to be takign advantage of an exploit. I'm not overly annoyed about just wondering what GOA's stance on it is.

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
Got about 15 mins of Fraps footage where he does this little trick...seems against the CoC (he can hit you, but you cant hit him that is not allowed according to the CoC) Sure its not a huge bug-exploit and if this n00b likes to play the game like this its up to him I guess...he was the only guy doing it so just give him a good /rude spam and just think he's a little kid with one eye, no girlfriend, a 50 point IQ and a trained right arm....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
just think he's a little kid with one eye, no girlfriend, a 50 point IQ and a trained right arm....
lol i like that :D
:clap: :clap:
(not being sarcastic)

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
there was a dwarf skald i think doing it in bg1 last night and I could hit him but he was always ported back in before we could do enough damage. So I don't think it's against CoC, he's just using the gate keeper to his advantage to interupt people and stop them spamming the door.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Can you please post you Fraps footage of this for us , Wabbit? Or perchance email me it (send me a PM for addy) and I'll host it if you have no webspace.

One other thing I want to ask is this : in bg3 if you adjust the camera angle you can target peope under the door, and then smack people through the door. Don't think this is classes as cheating really but just wondering.
Anyone know?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
One other thing I want to ask is this : in bg3 if you adjust the camera angle you can target peope under the door, and then smack people through the door. Don't think this is classes as cheating really but just wondering.
Anyone know?

This was supposed to have been fixed.

It is an exploit as you are using a terrain bug to your advantage and is definitely cheating.

That being said, im sure everyone using it will get away with it.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
This was supposed to have been fixed.

It is an exploit as you are using a terrain bug to your advantage and is definitely cheating.

That being said, im sure everyone using it will get away with it.

Not really cuz sometimes ur lag ghosts will run tru the door so if hes quick he can target u and then hit u tru the door. By that way hes not using any terrain bugs.

Or he could port out, target you, port back in then hit u tru the door. It all works and i did it plenty of times.
Heck its even possible to target u by clicking on ur weapon when u hit tru the door. (weapon comes out on their side evrytime u smack the door if ur a large class, troll firby etc.) It will most likely be fixed in frontieers cuz by then it will also be impossible to pbae tru walls /doors in keeps.

And to the topic. If he uses the gatekeeper trick he usually generate lagghosts due to alot of people is around and therefor he will keep running downhill on ur screen eventho he is inside on hes own.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
I remember if u had a ram up aswell, it would point a little trough the door sometime, so if u could mark it you could hit on that aswell from the other side of the door

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
This aint even an exploit, but you can have two people duel, the other one puts his pet on the gate and the other one aoe dots/nukes/mezzes/whatever the pet and it'll effect the guys that are bashing on the door outside :sex:

Eeli

Fledgling Freddie
keke

It is an exploit as you are using a terrain bug to your advantage

The gatekeeper will be offended by that statement. Not that he aint "dumb as a rock" - but come on, be nice! :kissit:

QQ
Its a 3way thing..
just place some pbae by the GK and spam the button.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Shamyn said:
This aint even an exploit, but you can have two people duel, the other one puts his pet on the gate and the other one aoe dots/nukes/mezzes/whatever the pet and it'll effect the guys that are bashing on the door outside :sex:

acually i think it is tbh.. im not gonna go under oath about this but im fairly sure ive seen this marked as a exploit somwhere......

but as said. dont trust me 100% on this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom