[NEWS] Experience Enhancements - Phase III

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Realm War

"Greetings!

With the addition of the new region-wide and RvR-wide chat channels we have seen a marked increase in Open RvR participation. In order to encourage this trend even further, we have made an additional adjustment to the experience awarded for killing enemy players in an Open RvR area. Previously we increased this amount by 50%. As of today, that bonus has been raised to 100%. With this change players killed in Open RvR will now be worth double the experience than those killed in scenarios!

As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and work on ways to improve the RvR experience. More changes are coming, so be sure to stay tuned to the Warhammer Online Herald and monthly newsletter for the latest updates.

See you on the battlefield!"

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
For the record: these changes are live on European servers, too. We're just having some technical difficulties with our content management platform so news are a bit delayed.

-Magnus

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
For the record: these changes are live on European servers, too. We're just having some technical difficulties with our content management platform so news are a bit delayed.

-Magnus

Thanks for keeping us informed here then :)

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Its not the exp thats the problem, its the renown.

The EXP increase from quests means there is no need to grind anymore, leveling has now sped up to the point that I have gained a level every night (in only 2 hours play a night) since level 33.

Its the renown thats the hard stuff to get, once we are 40, who cares about exp?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

-Magnus

thats flash for you...

:m00:

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Its not the exp thats the problem, its the renown.

The EXP increase from quests means there is no need to grind anymore, leveling has now sped up to the point that I have gained a level every night (in only 2 hours play a night) since level 33.

Its the renown thats the hard stuff to get, once we are 40, who cares about exp?

people has been winning about the time it took to get to the end-game stuff which should be the best part, but since it took so bloody long time to get there some people got frustrated and started yelling at mythic, saying the game is borring because its an endless grind to get to level 40 and explore the game and RvR as it should be, the game focusing on RVR rather then PVE.

you shouldnt be able to get to the highest RR in a few weeks and im pretty sure they wont change that, which i personally think is good.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
FFS, I didn't get RR80 yet?!? The game has been out for over a month!

Stop whining, this is great for everyone. Even if you are already 40, you will see a larger number of players hitting T4 and therefore giving the level 40's a chance to go out in the open and start roaming. Did you get to Rank 14 in WoW within a week? Did you get your full T6 set within a week when the content was released?

Nate

FH is my second home

-Magnus

Is there ever going to be an update on the web-site? I'd like to be able to filter the news somehow similar to how US have a herald and a marketing news page.

MagnusGOA

thats flash for you...
Our publishing platform had a problem which is now resolved. It had nothing to do with the format of the webpage.

The experience Phase III news are now live along with a bunch of hotfixes.

Regarding Experience boost. These changes were taken to make the Tier three and Tier four experience level gain more in-line with Mythic's vision as well as the actual amount of content available. For instance, it was previously insufficient to level up through T3 and T4 by questing even if one did every quest at every chapter. Although WAR is best enjoyed with a mix of Open RvR, Scenarios and PvE, the previous experience curve just wasn't right.

Basically, Mythic will keep adjusting Open RvR until it players have sufficiently strong incentives to participate en masse.

-Magnus

MagnusGOA

Is there ever going to be an update on the web-site? I'd like to be able to filter the news somehow similar to how US have a herald and a marketing news page.

There will be changes, yes, but I can't say how thorough. We'll see in due time ;)

-Magnus

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Great news, Thanks Gahn for posting this and thanks to MagnusK as always for updating us.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
There aren't any future changes in actually making that experience buff affect the whole area, instead of just the RVR areas? I've had plenty of fights outside the RVR areas considering I play on a "PVE" server.

Afran

Part of the furniture
The problem with renown is anyone lower RR than you is worth 1 renown, I'd rather see higher amounts of renown needed for each rank then just giving 1 renown a kill.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
This is all good and all, but the penalty for being in a group while RvR'ing is just stupid. Did some ORvR today, captured a keep and whatnot, was in a warband and got shits for XP over several hours - and yes, we did kill shitloads of dessies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom