Expansion

C

.Cask

No surprise that they're announcing an expansion but less than 3 months after release? Makes you wonder if they can see the ship sinking and want to milk it as much as possible before it's too late.

There are enough whines about it on the official forums so no point me starting one here. But way I see it is the free content phase has barely begun and they're already getting ready for our next major monetary installment?

Awfully negative but I'm in that kind of mood :(

S

Spinky

The irony that just tonight i wondered when they'd be announcing an expansion :p

M

Milkshake

I think it's the other way round.

Personally I'm looking forward to this. PS has *so* much potential, hopefully this'll use some of it.

Can't see me changing games any time soon. Still not been an inf...or a Reaver Pilot....or a Lightning Driver....

S

shilak

I doubt we will see it being released until around christmas time, which means the game will of been live for about 9 months. Does seem a little soon to have an expansion, but bearing in mind that Everquest seems to get a new expansion around christmas every year I suspect they may do the same with Planetside.

Im just hoping they add something new within the next month that will draw in some new players, because at the moment the populations seem to be dropping.

S

Shaft

Will that expansion cost us extra money?? As in we have to buy it in the shops, or will we be able to download it?

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Shaft
Will that expansion cost us extra money?? As in we have to buy it in the shops, or will we be able to download it?

Sony, Free? LoL... It will probably cost between £15-£20. anymore and i consider it to be a complete rip off. As much as i enjoy this game, i find myself increasingly tired of it looking for excuses to log out if a fight isnt going my way :O

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I don't mind buying expansions as long as they add fun and content.

S

shilak

Everquest expansions always had a RRP of £14.99, so I would expect Planetside expansions to cost the same.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I don't mind buying expansions as long as they add fun and content.

Agree totally, if there is a lot of new stuff it may be worth it. A 4th faction, stealth bombers, advanced infiltration suit, trip wire traps, the ability to physically dig trenches to defend a position, put down barbed-wire, silencers for pistols with reduced fire rates when used, ships?, the mobile vehicle spawner that was promised in beta, artilley (howitzers) or even chemical weapons for example.

ALL these things were suggested to the devs in beta, still yet to see any of them appear.

If it's just a few new continents, a new vehicle or two and a few new guns i wont bother.

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Faeldawn
If it's just a few new continents, a new vehicle or two and a few new guns i wont bother.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/planetsidecorecombat/index.html

<RUNS OF LAUGHING> MUAHHHAA MUAHHAHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Until bugs are sorted out I ain't stumping up any further cash for the game.

My reply from the official forums below.

"F) Won't buy expanision unless the bugs are ironed out.
I like the game will keep at it until World of Warcraft or even lobger than that but won't buy any expansion until further bugs (especially memory) are sorted out, no other game actually requires 1 gig of ram, only reason why the sanc memory bug was sorted out was because of a expert who put two hours work in and posted on the forum, it wasn't through effort on the devs side.

Though its my own stupid fault mmo's aren't ready for release until a year after there release date if you get me.

I am glad they have taken an interest and made reasonable changes but horrible bugs remain that need attention badly and haven't been looked at it seems since release.

With a unstable (I think) population and these bugs about, releasing a exp pack is suicidal. Unless between now and then they make the game more stable."

C

Custy

If they release the expansion with the patches included i might get ps+the expansion as the only thing putting me off buying the game is d/ling all the patches on ISDN.

C

.Cask

They'll probably do that but then I can't think of a recent expansion that hasn't been followed up by a fat patch within a week or two.

Not sure how well ISDN would handle the big battles too. You could try the low bandwidth setting but I think it'd get annoying wondering whether that guy killed you because of skills or because of lag.

S

shilak

ISDN should be okay as I think the ping makes the biggest difference in the fights, so as long as that isnt too high it shouldnt be a problem. Bandwidth wise the /stats thingy shows that my downstream data rarely goes above 6-7k bytes per second, which is within the ISDN data rate. The only times I ever see it go over 8k bytes per second is during the large courtyard fights, but they are few and far between. My bandwidth setting is on high, so not sure how much less data is sent when it is on low.

C

Custy

Originally posted by .Cask
Not sure how well ISDN would handle the big battles too. You could try the low bandwidth setting but I think it'd get annoying wondering whether that guy killed you because of skills or because of lag.

aye i have seen people play on ISDN and it was fine for smaller to medium battles as long as you aint doing something that requires a good ping (eg shooting) so i was mebbe gunna buy it and see if it handled ok. If not, it makes another good coffee coaster...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom