Expansion pack news:

O

old.Xarr

some tidbits i found in an interview with homeLAN i thought you would want to have a look at:

HomeLAN - What can you tell us at this point about the three new races that will be introduced in the expansion?

Matt Firor - Not yet. We're not quite ready to release this information. However, I can tell you that the three new races are going to be a little more abberant than the existing ones for the Realms. Playing one of these new races will be a lot of roleplaying fun.

wonder if these means the new races will be more 'wild'? :)

and here's another one that caught my eye;

HomeLAN - What new character classes will be available in Shrouded Isles?

Matt Firor - Again, no specifics yet, but the new classes will be addressing dark sides of the Realms that the current classes do not.

just as i suspected! ;)

anyway, the whole interview can be found here

F

fatgit

would be nice if they fixed the totally b0rked classes like cabalist before introducing even more :/

A

Aurelius

Thanks for spotting that Xarr, interesting stuff....

O

old.tuppe

just wondering how long ti takes before mythic notice first bug in midgard classes, these new?
believe its around 4-5 month, just when there start be plenty 50´s and they do nice damage, whit 35 lvl style.
after this bug fixing, what they notice when pack was released :) they must use lvl 5 style in rvr.
same time they fix copple other bug but dont tell what, we must show them where they did changes.

S

SFXman

Wish the new races and classes are like orcs or something in that direction :)
Would be quite excellent.

V

Vell

Siabra for Hibernia (hey, they are a different race to elves! It fits in fine with the 'complete' realm of hibernia!)

Svartalf for Midgard, or maybe werewolf.

And somehitng completely new and exciting for Albion, which will blantantly be the best new race, and have starting stats of at least 100 in each stat.

S

SFXman

If you ask me, albion should get a "mini"-race aswell!

O

old.Xarr

totally agree with sfxman! albion needs midgets! :D

S

SilverHood

think mid will get a race with a natual high piety/cherisma
Hibs will get a class with a natural high con/charisma
Albs will get a class with natural high piety/charisma

Think the new race in hib will be perfect for a ranger, cos atm, it says about all races - you will make an average ranger :(

O

old.Xarr

i thought luris were perfect as rangers with their naturally high dex and quick?

S

SilverHood

doesnt say that during the character creation screen

O

old.Xarr

hehe oki, but i think that description of how well your character template will play for the different classes is total bull in most cases. like for example if you make a troll viking it states that you won't make as good a skald as any other race because of the trolls charisma. but this isn't the case as all races to my knowledge start out with a base score of 60. i also think there are many other places the class description thingy misses completely.

S

SFXman

But then again what sort of midget race would fit into the world of albion? Hmm... MAN I KNOW! I would love the ability to make gremlin characters!!! Like in Keltoi!!

O

old.Xarr

gnomes or halfings maybe? ^^

gnomes would look alot like luris tho...

S

SFXman

Hmm... yes... maybe. But then again... might be too close to hibernia races and wouldn't fit in.
They did say that the new will be great for RP purposes and are a bit on the dark side... I am figuring that these are such things in the direction of orcs etc.

PS: 1000th post :)

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by SFXman
If you ask me, albion should get a "mini"-race aswell!
No! We need a giant race!
Just giants, as big as those on the Salisbury plains and who grow each level till we are as big as the forest giants in sauvage. That would be cool :D

O

old.Xarr

hehe, your title says it all sfxman ^^

and now that i think of it albion has neither small nor large races. hib has luris and firbys, mid has trolls and dwarves/kobbies. hmmmm, wonder if the new alb race will be big or small? :)

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by Xarr
hehe, your title says it all sfxman ^^

and now that i think of it albion has neither small nor large races. hib has luris and firbys, mid has trolls and dwarves/kobbies. hmmmm, wonder if the new alb race will be big or small? :)
Maybe it will be a shapeshifter? ;)

O

old.Lianuchta

Think a kind of shapeshifter will be more likely for us Hibbies. There's a lot of shapeshifter lore in Celtic mythology (selkie and the like), and we already fight shapeshifters (pookas).

Knowing our luck though we will get curms..

S

SFXman

Giant rice would be cool aswell.... but I would really love to get a miniature race.

O

old.Organ-Grinder

ALBION WANTS A NON HUMAN RACE :) i hope we get a non human race . summin like a leperachaun would be cool . albion needs a midget non human type :p hibs got lurikeens mids got kobolds . mythic give albion a midget race :)

O

old.EoO_Raphael

Hard to think of what they would be. Only traditional "RPG" type ones that arnt in atm are orcs and goblins. Either of those would fit with midgard but certainly gnomes for alb would be to similar to dwarfs and luris. Werewolf would be good for midgard but you fight them in skona/varulv/malmo so it would make much sense + it would be to specific to a certain type of class (melee). Same with svartalf. Tons of human type ones you can come up with for albion but nothing that would be particuarly specific. Cant wait to see what they are :D

K

klavrynd

how about highland battlecows with moo-attack ?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by klavrynd
how about highland battlecows with moo-attack ?
AHAHAHHAHAH! Nice one... how about GROVE NYMPHS! Yay to them! Would be sooooooooooo awesome :D

O

old.Xarr

battlecows... my god man! *shiver*

quick seize that man! /points to klavrynd

he has figured out what trolls fear the most!!!!:eek6:

O

old.Asgorim

mad cows ?

and they'd all burned at emain in Big camp fire by joined effort of all 3 realms to protect the population from any nasty disease...

oh, but we do have 'cure disease' ... hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom