Exp Groups?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
:flame:

Hmm, been playing alb/excal alot lately, and I log on my lvl47 runie couple of times now to only find moderna groups, in the LFG window.

What ever happened to mids leveling 40+ areas?

Alb have AC, which is a very active exping area for the lvls 40+.

I understand how moderna works with the bring a leech etc but when you want group to lvl normaly for abit of fun, midgard lacks this.

Is there really any normal groups happening?
Or is it people not knowing how to use the LFG settings?
Or perhaps non exist now with the addition of moderna to the realm?

I'm curious.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
let me phrase it this way:
mids dont like lvling
mids dont like to spend alot of time lvling
mids dont like to lvl slow
therefor mids have: moderna
its about the only place where mids who get an alt go because lets face it, its an alt, youv been through all the pve hell and toa hell already with main, so you dont really enjoy soloing/duoing/trioing your way to 50 all over again. thats why most ppl choose moderna, its fast, its reliable, its the new way of lvling

ppl have tried to run malmo groups again, but malmo just isnt good anymore cus of tohit bonus, the fact that all alts are mostly stealthers = 2shotted by a drak mostly, and the fact that it takes so long to figure out with lists etc, in moderna, all you need is a healer, a bot and 3supp sm's, easiest group ever and xp is good, so many mids dont bother with anything else

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>its the new way of lvling

The problem with that is that only a few selected can participate based on knowing someone with an "access" card to one of the 4 (?) groups that the redcap camp can sustain. The rest of the community, mostly new mids I suspect, will probably stop/have stopped leveling in midgård and try out the other realms instead unless they get so disillusioned by the midgård experience that they quit the game. So our community will basically just shrink in the future, talk of a great future :( (Of course that is based on the assumption that Goa wants growth in the player base on all servers and realms and starts pimping the game again)

The current situation is a huge drawback with the Prydwen server as the situation is today, will be interesting to see if people will try to level by the means of battlegrounds in New Frontiers.

Oh and when a guild favours a new player and lets him/her into the groups we end up with one more powerlevel noob in the realm :( It is quite depressing when lvl 40+ knows the way to moderna but have not clue about the rest of the realm.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Its a shit situation, but Foaden is 100% correct.

Hopefully Catacombs will make xping interesing again.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
modernas get nerfed i believe, therefore HOPEFULLY xping shall return 2 normal, yes i disagree with modern but i cant b arsed soloing 2 50 as sum sorta protest, i love the fact i can get a 50 quickly after i decide i want a class, and since i dont really like toa (use like 1-2 artis all easy 2 get etc) can b rvring a bit or messing about the following week (admitadly i moderned my warrior 2 40 and zerker 2 43 then got bored and just left them there) but the options there 2 level them quickly etc.

i will b glad 2 say bye 2 modern, but i will also b sad 2 c it leave, who knows maybe a malmo style modern could get going (would b great imo, i.e. could have a 30+ and 40+ (30+ could lvl off the guys near hagall that live in trees then once they r 40 with good faction fly 2 modern = easy leveling etc etc)

Bagloor

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
modernas get nerfed i believe,

How is Moderna gonna be nerfed? I have heard it as a rumour mongering, but I have not seen it in any patch notes or something.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i believe its the passive pulling being changed, i heard it as a rumour but tbh i hope its real :clap:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
let me phrase it this way:
mids dont like lvling
mids dont like to spend alot of time lvling
mids dont like to lvl slow
therefor mids have: moderna
its about the only place where mids who get an alt go because lets face it, its an alt, youv been through all the pve hell and toa hell already with main, so you dont really enjoy soloing/duoing/trioing your way to 50 all over again. thats why most ppl choose moderna, its fast, its reliable, its the new way of lvling

ppl have tried to run malmo groups again, but malmo just isnt good anymore cus of tohit bonus, the fact that all alts are mostly stealthers = 2shotted by a drak mostly, and the fact that it takes so long to figure out with lists etc, in moderna, all you need is a healer, a bot and 3supp sm's, easiest group ever and xp is good, so many mids dont bother with anything else

Albs lvl at same rate in alb/exc or even faster whit matter cabbies or necros, but there're still groups in AC, and AC groups lvl VERY fast, at swords i thinks you level as fast as moderna (or again even faster, swords/duelists/soldiers are red or purple) same whit academy. And all realms could lvl very fast at the correct places in DF, zone that mids usually have, but i only can see lvl50 pple farming seals at inquisitors past Dommel, and none at the High Lords road spot; mid essences shreders are the best zone to level 40-45 in game but in mid/pryd i cant find fgs leveling there, only the occasional tank+shaman duo. Mids in pryd are too lazy to level fast non-afk, thats the sad reality. :(

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i believe its the passive pulling being changed, i heard it as a rumour but tbh i hope its real :clap:

YEAH let's nerf the only fast way of lvl'ing we mid's have , its not like we dont have it uber easy in the lvl'ing department allready , we got uber spot's and classes for uber fast lvl'ing :kissit:
imho they should keep there freaking hands off Moderna , if you dont like it DONT GO.... Instead of crying " I cant get a group buhu " well maybe the " we hate moderna " peopel should try and hook up and lvl together , its not like we gonna lvl with ya anyway , we will just have to set up shop somewhere ell's , with our bot's and running 3 accounts at the same time..
Maybe I sound like a jerk now , but I dont care , to me leveling is about as much fun as shooting myself in the foot with a nail-gun

Bagloor

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Mids in pryd are too lazy to level fast non-afk, thats the sad reality. :(

There have never ever been an afk-fast-level spot in Midgard. So you obviously don't know what you are talking about :eek7:

Nate

FH is my second home
:p Jam u leveled in moderna with 2+ chars! :D look at u moaning

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i just dont like how its screwed up the community, b4 when leveling u used 2 meet LOADS of people and become friends through the struggle of xping, now u become friends coz we share the ability 2 access 2 accs and PL ourselves, i just wish ther could b the old community i used 2 enjoy not 1 year ago :(

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
DF for concentional levelling, true nothing like as many groups as there used to be but still enough. If there aren't groups about as a 47 runey you can likely solo till peeps come along.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Bagloor said:
There have never ever been an afk-fast-level spot in Midgard. So you obviously don't know what you are talking about :eek7:

The leechers at moderna groups obviously play their chars very active........... maybe you are who have no clue about what are you talking about. :eek:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
:p Jam u leveled in moderna with 2+ chars! :D look at u moaning

Aye, not saying I've never been to moderna, more case of wanting abit of fun, instead of pbae pbae pbae pbae pbae pbae on a friends sm all day, find it more boring then lvling normaly.

Just was wondering whats to become of midgards newer players, and the ones without access to a mates sm/shammy/healer.

Like someone said before, people will prob leave for other realms, or go to another server that has a better community, perhaps Midgard will become like hib used to be, with the smaller population.

Bagloor

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
The leechers at moderna groups obviously play their chars very active........... maybe you are who have no clue about what are you talking about. :eek:

So suddenly the leechers are not the same as the active players with another account??? Get a clue :eek:

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Just was wondering whats to become of midgards newer players, and the ones without access to a mates sm/shammy/healer.

Other realms most probably, no sane person would pay to stay in the midgård realm on prydwen as it looks today unless you got a lvl 50 already or access to the holy chars for the moderna treatment.

Damon, your rehtorical question seems to crave the yesword ;) That attitude and those that share it will bring down midgård to its doom in the end, ie underpopulated and quite boring, only the same grumpy players to play with, while one after another leaves the game, will probably look like a home for old folks :) . Sometimes it is good to look furhter than your nose reaches. Though I share your view on the leveling grind, it is bad, and personally I really hope WoW will become a great success so MMORPG designers start to chose other methods for players to level than just moving to a mob camp and pull them until you ding then find another spot, repeat over and over. That is too much like manning a production line in a factory and too low entertainment factor. The reason you survived it was due to nice people in the groups. The chitchat and laughs made leveling bearable, which makes me wonder how fun it is to play sm in moderna...

And I would love to have a zone like Avalon City in Midgård, centrally placed and easy to find groups in it surpasses DF and Trollheim in the 45-50 level range.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Bagloor said:
So suddenly the leechers are not the same as the active players with another account??? Get a clue :eek:

No need to be, stop talking out of your arse, i know a lot of cases where a SM/Shammy/Healer helps a friend who put his leecher afk.

Bagloor

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
No need to be, stop talking out of your arse, i know a lot of cases where a SM/Shammy/Healer helps a friend who put his leecher afk.

Read your statement again then, you was saying "Mids in pryd are too lazy" and that covers all of us not just a few who got help from friends.

ps.
Why stop if my arse make more sense than your posts :kissit:

Quetz

Fledgling Freddie
Bagloor said:
How is Moderna gonna be nerfed? I have heard it as a rumour mongering, but I have not seen it in any patch notes or something.

Buffed pet absorption got hit with a stealth nerf with the release of NF, check the necro boards at VN they are up in arms about it.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Iceflower said:
>Just was wondering whats to become of midgards newer players, and the ones without access to a mates sm/shammy/healer.

Other realms most probably, no sane person would pay to stay in the midgård realm on prydwen as it looks today unless you got a lvl 50 already or access to the holy chars for the moderna treatment.

Heh I almost quit - got my troll warrior to 45 and then just could not get a group outside of moderna. I didn't have a buffbot - soloing a warrior with no buffs is just PAINFUL.... and slow. Eventually I got a bb and then I spent lots of time in Dodens (being ganked by 4+ lvl 50 hibs regularly) then a bit in DF and finished off at the cave trows in spindelhalla.

I think its a real shame that moderna exists as the only decent 4x spot to level. I know for those of you who hate pve and just want to focus pull ftw its great but I think it is slowly strangling the realm. I have friends who just got the game and they have great fun playing mid until lvl 35-40 - then the groups dry up and they play alts or leave and go to alb or hib.

The issue, however, is with the realm imo. We lack an avalon city. Having levelled in ac I can tell you that it blows everything we have (other than df) away, plain n simple. That's why albion doesn't care about df - they don't need it. Always groups in Avalon city and from 4x to 5x is a slog - but its doable. There needs to be a dungeon for the non mod classes in SI - Larn is plain nasty - disease mobs all over the shop and trollheim is underused for some reason.

I hope catacombs adds in decent high lvl dungeons for mid, because I think we'll lose too many casual and new players without it.

M

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Darksword said:
i just dont like how its screwed up the community, b4 when leveling u used 2 meet LOADS of people and become friends through the struggle of xping, now u become friends coz we share the ability 2 access 2 accs and PL ourselves, i just wish ther could b the old community i used 2 enjoy not 1 year ago :(

Well said. I feel so sorry for the new members of the DAOC community who cant find groups. Everyday guild chat is full of people saying they are logging because they cant get one.

Heart

Fledgling Freddie
Mids still XP but unlike other realms we tend to XP in Darkness Falls as we nearly always have it and the XP and loot is better in there.... so try Darkness Falls normally quite afew XP groups running around in there :)

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:

Hello MR " I dont have a clue " The leechers are probably playing there MAIN char , be it a SM a Healer or shaman in the group . Its not like we sit there and wait for random noob's to come to PL em , we PL our own chars , thus running 2 or 3 accounts at the same time , Now you get in line and buy a clue dude ok ????

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:

Yeah it happens all the time I've even seen it like... maybe 2 times even...
And I only dinged a few chars to lvl 50 there , so its prob 90% of the peopel there who is akf :m00: :kissit: :m00:

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
agree-....I have alts I have to solo exp now...It sucks

Darksword said:

Amen Darksword

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
if u go in a dia grp 45+ the exp is good.. and dia grps still runing..

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Quite surprised no one here has mentioned trollheim, when i been exping on excal there people have said it's better exp than moderna or even just as good, there's a nice room full of snakes all slash weak that give nice exp and can die fast , orange-purple mobs to 50.Albion has just as bad problems, avalon city is usually just for tasker groups and maybe the odd group or two around other than that it's barrows or a necro pl'ing, hib have animists at fins.

So everytime i see a new player in cotsworld or sometimes even mid, i give them a good sum of cash and items due to the above.Since it must be hard now if you are new to the game :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom