Excalibur/Prydwen Pro & Cons?

S

Sobek

I was wondering, what is the difference between Prydwen and Excalibur Realm War, i know that Excalibur is zerged to buggery, and Prydwen is basicly dead afaik.

What is your Pro and cons about Prydwen and Excalibur Realm war?

T

thegreatest

Ehm..Prydwen wasnt dead when I was playing, still lots of action compared to excal (but a little less zergy). Ive played both servers but from my point of view, Prydwen is more friendly...

S

Silence

The Zerg of albs on Excal sux ass,

Prdwen is pretty empty alot of the time.

played both, no real favourite.

S

Silence

S

Silence

O

old.tuppe

prydwens rvr dead? lol
guess so if compare excals zerks but i have spend now 2 days in odin/ alb land etc etc, taking keeps, defending etc.

P

Pixie.Pebr

If zerging is your way of life, then you might consider Prydwen "dead".
But, if you ever wanna go out and pick a fight on Prydwen, you won't have trouble finding it.

Unless it is 6am on a Tuesday, tho you'll prolly get a few 1on1s then as well if you're looking hard enough.

H

herjulf

Yeah.

Prydwen is 1fg vs 1fg to 1vs1 and more straightforward fun RvR.
The overall atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.
but the RvR can be boring aswell here if u want RvR choose midgard or albion, hibernia is more PvE, then again hibernia shure could use some more ppl.

Excalibur is 100000 fg albs vs 10fg mids and 7fg hibs ok maybe 99999fg albs i shouldnt exaggerate.
Stealthzergs u wont believe if u get alive out past a MG solo alive in theRvR frontiers u are lucky. imo the infil zergs are the worst there are constantly atleast 5 different infilzergs going. 2 between mmg - mtk 3 mmg - amg - atk.
The atmosphere is overall ok, not quite as friendly i feel prydwen is, but it is ok.

O

old.arneduck

ive also played both, and excal would be my favourite.
ofc there are more zergs, but there is also more fg vs fg fights, if you know where to go ;)
(for example, dont run straight to amg in primetime....)

just more activity, and rp's to be gained on excal

S

Silence

this is what happened one day on my shade...(excal hib)

wonder out side DL, see 4 alb stealthers jump a druid a head of me... i stealth and continue on, un stealth and commense keep bouncing with speed to emain, i arrive in emain valley, stealth to silo and see 2 scouts go past me.

On way towards amg i see about 4 fg go through the milegate towards middie milegate. as i arrive at amg i go up stairs and see a minstrel sat on wall... (ofc its a trap..) then all of a sudden i seen 6 different stealthers all over the wall.. how they did not see me is amazing.... probaly been there so long they stop checking.. ne who, i quickly gets down stairs again and go through milegate... as i do so, another fg of albs go through, and i pass a solo infil.... then i pass another 2 infil... but this time i get seen, hes taps me and reveals... then i get pounced by about another 3 stealthers and a paladin...

not a rant or a moan.. just what happened...

D

dimerian

Exca is constant zerg,in prydwen you can often even run solo even if your not stealther o_O and alot fg vs fg fights,ofc albs/mids usually gets more adds than hibs.
Not so much randomgroups,about always all realms have certain guilds running with optimal groups,sometimes I wish there would be more randomalbs,some new guilds have popped lately,and then theres of some guilds which always run 2fg+ ,for excample albs AoD :sick:
Stealthwar is usually shit due to Deadly Suckers.
But overall I like Prydwen compared to exc :m00:

O

old.tuppe

well, st is somehow problem in prydwen too, those st hibs who wander in odin whit 2fg prolly feels proud, + albs rambo and his pets.

P

pez

well i play alb/excal and hib/pry so probably the two most different experiences you can have.

excluding guild grps and guys who spend their lives playing daoc, for the casual gamer this is.

on excal/alb you get an rvr grp fairly quickly no matter class but once you get out in to open rvr you struggle to keep away from other alb fgs

Hib/pry you will probably spend more time lfg than actually in a grp and some classes seem to never ever get grps. But.. if you are of a desired class and finally get a grp you are almost garunteed fg v fg as oppose to being part of a zerg

all in all i think i prefer alb/excal but if i was in guild grp on both servers pry/hib would be better

S

syri

Excal is down, pryd is up. i think pryd's better :)

F

- Fedaykin -

excal > pryd

ok we have zergs but we also have fg v fg fights u just need to know where to look.

Also excal sounds better

and sometimes one gets bored running thorugh emain for 30 mins without a fight

S

stighelmer

excal is down

prydwen is up

I wish I was on pryd - but then greg wudnt be my GM :(

C

chimaira

Prydwen aint dead.

mids are gone somewhere dunno where. malmo perhaps to make new pre fotms xD

hibs zerg with 4-5fg eftery afternoon. they call for help behind lake in emain to :)

anyway the one who says rvr is dead on prydwen is mucho mistaken.

I rvr many hours a day and tbh Prydwen have to much zerging going on at,

fight at mmg this afternoon. 2fg mids vs 2fg albs vs3fg hibs

was fun tho ;) lasted ages

W

Whoodoo_RD

Having recently started taking Prydwen seriously, heres what ive seen from Mid Excal and Alb Pryd

Excal Emain = Albs outnumber all 10:1, mainly stealther classes.
Pryd Excal = Lots of 1 on 1 activity, whether soloers or FGs.

Grouping Excal (Mid) = Shout LFG, buy some throat sweets and give up and remain solo unless you have a 50 SM.
Grouping Pryd (Alb) = Port to XXX click accept. Hang out at Prydwen Bridge, click accept.

Stealther grouping (Mid) = HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Go play solo n00b!
Stealther grouping (Alb) = Yeah we got room, welcome aboard!

Guilds and alliances (Mid) = Dont talk in /as, you will do as you are told! Roll an FotM if you want to come play with us! Dont talk about emain / trading / crafting / your birthday / dinging 50 / anything other than to say "i got cg for xxx" and get spammed "stfu"!
Guilds and alliances (Alb) = LFG! Oh great a group :), something happening somewhere!!! Anyone fancy doing xxx? Hiyas all, anyone wanna do a sidi raid? Hahaha! Lets all do somethign together as an alliance eh?

General attitude (Mid) = Albs zerg, hibs are boring, lets go to emain and get some uber RAs. Lets PL 5000 chars to 50 in malm then do....erm.....yeah. For sale, item everyone wants for a stupid price, oh thanx mr mug for purchasing.
General attitude (Alb) = Mids zerg, hibs stealth zerg, shall we go to emain or Odins for more fun? Lets PL 5000 useful chars to 50 for a little variety. Need somit crafted, sure, meet me at XXX. Need help, sure. Want to grp? Kewl!

In general, Alb Pryd is so much more freindly, Mid seems to have turned all anti social, FotM and generally full of l337 script kiddies.

So really it depends what you want from the game as whole. As long as you have freinds in this game, im sure youll enjoy either server, IMO its that that makes it.

N

)nick(

Excal grouping: It's too busy, huge amount of randoms.
Pryd grouping: Very competitive with not that many random people running about.

Excal Stealthing: Lots of both mid and alb stealthers running solo, duo or trio.
Prydwen Stealthing: An alb guild dedicated to ruining stealthing and leeching off fg vs fg fights.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Pryd RvR is not dead. Its overburdened with stealth zergs atm but those days are numbered. ToA will take care of that fortunately.

I play Hib on Excal and its basically a case of waiting until you have a few groups for a suicide run because you know you are going to get wasted by the excessive number of Albs there. Its usually more about seeing how many you can take down with you than expecting to win an actual fight :D
I will admit I have less experience on Excal as I only visit there occasionally.

On Pryd, you can roll out for most types of RvR, whichever is your preference. All three realms are active in large scale stuff, all three realms are fielding 1-2FG teams as suits and you can run around solo if you wish, as I sometimes do.

Generally speaking, anyone that thinks they can casually wander into Emain on a whim is probably kidding themselves on, but despite popular thinking its not the only zone in the game and you can usually get some good fights elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom