Excalibur or Prydwen

T

The DuDe

I have been playing on the American servers since the release of DAoC and since the main server I used to play on is having a severe population crisis I have decided to reroll here instead of another US server since I am based in the UK. I just wanted to ask some advice on which server to play on. I RvR quite a lot but I am not a huge fan of the zerg, thats why i picked one of the lower population servers. I have heard that Prydwen has a lower population and less zerg but the RvR standard isnt quite up to that of excalibur. I also here that RvR on excal can be quite zergy. I would like to hear the advice of some of the players who have played RvR to a high standard on both servers on which server i should pick. thx in advance :)

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Excal is prolly your best bet, pryd is pretty dead recently, /who emain for mids is normally 80+, /who emain for hibs is 5,/who emain for alb is 20 infils, 15 scouts and 28 bbs etc~

Xplo

Banned
I'd say excalibur, if you don't get PL its easier to lvl with more lower lvl players and also easier to do ML's at a later step.

All realms have their bunch of PvE guilds, I suggest you start in one of them ;p

Ailir

Fledgling Freddie
It depends weather u loke being zerged alot i think predwin is better for rvr as theres more grp vs grp action on excal u eather get soloers or 2+ grps. Thats what ive found anyway.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
pryd is a bit lower pop than excal :)

hibs arnt rvring at the moment most are waiting till NF hits so are mucking around on gorre.

but if your join expect solo to at least 20 then from 25+ solo till 40's

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Excal purely because there are more people, if EU goes the same way as US and pops drop you'll want to be on the larger server.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Excalibur if you want a larger population server.
Prydwen if you want a small population server.

I've always liked prydwen more, maybe because of the people, alot of friendly peeps on pryd. Haven't got that feeling about excal.

Edit: ( but that's maybe just me )

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Excal no doubt :)

(I used to play Pryd)

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst I don't want to sound negative but from my experience you may get no joy from joining a UK server. (Work took me on assignment from UK to US a couple years ago)

You must take into account any time difference that exists. Work out what time it will be in the UK though when you plan to be on. (And then factor in that Scandinavia is a further hour ahead and that a good percentage of the UK server population is a further hour ahead).

So if you play 6pm-10pm PST then this is 12.00 midnight-4.00am UK time; 1.00am-5.00am in Scandinavian countries.

It was dead 12 months ago when I finally gave up. And the Prydwin and Excal populations have dropped substantially since then.

Check out the thread on Excal and Pry server numbers I started yesterday. someone has been tracking the current populations of the two servers and has produced some graphs showing population at various times in the day. the numbers outside of 'peak' time are bleak.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Niroth said:
Excalibur if you want a larger population server.
Prydwen if you want a small population server.

I've always liked prydwen more, maybe because of the people, alot of friendly peeps on pryd. Haven't got that feeling about excal.

Edit: ( but that's maybe just me )

and me ;)

Go prydwen i would say

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
gervaise said:
Whilst I don't want to sound negative but from my experience you may get no joy from joining a UK server. (Work took me on assignment from UK to US a couple years ago)

You must take into account any time difference that exists. Work out what time it will be in the UK though when you plan to be on. (And then factor in that Scandinavia is a further hour ahead and that a good percentage of the UK server population is a further hour ahead).

So if you play 6pm-10pm PST then this is 12.00 midnight-4.00am UK time; 1.00am-5.00am in Scandinavian countries.

No offense gervaise, but The DuDe says he's located in UK... Which means that he has had more time difference to worry about when playing on US than he will have when playing Euro. And he certainly don't have to calculate the time in UK, since he is there. 1 pm to him is 1 pm in UK.

The DuDe said:
I have been playing on the American servers since the release of DAoC and since the main server I used to play on is having a severe population crisis I have decided to reroll here instead of another US server since I am based in the UK.

The DuDe, about which server you should join.. It doesn't just depend on whether you want huge pop or small pop, but also what realm you wanna play... I haven't played much on Excal, will admit that, but I really like it on Prydwen (Midgard). Some jerks, but they're everywhere, but mostly great people... Sure RvR on Pryd is low these days, but I think a lot of ppl are waiting/getting ready for NF and that it will pick up once NF hits.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Excal emain to zerg, odins/hw for smaller action tho can be abit larger.

Can't comment on prydwen, got fed up of odins being dead after ToA, not tried lately.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Jaem- said:
Can't comment on prydwen, got fed up of odins being dead after ToA, not tried lately.
Odin's on Pryd has been off and on really... It's not been entirely dead all the time after TOA... Have had some great fun in Odin's and Hadrian's, while Emain has mostly been "overpopulated"

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
play cammlan !! and send a lot > i get my main and chain kill u !

Herjulf

Banned
Excalibur, join the non zergish realms mid or hib. This is where youl get the most RvR for your money.

Prydwen, hippie land. Here youll find some nice.... PvE.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
If I rolled now, it would be on Excal simply because of the higher population.

It's better to run into a zerg(excal) than going on a scenic tour with no action(pryd)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
think its around 1500 and 2500 peak populations for pryd/excal? not taken a look recently.

Either way it's bigger than the tiny US servers on either. Not much RvRing going on at the moment because the regular RvRers will be mostly testing Gorre, or bored with the old frontiers nonsense.

Either server should serve you well enough, if you like more room to be solo and a better chance at artifacts then go prydwen, you might also get population bonuses come 1.71 depending on the realm :)

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
From extensive play & experience:

Prydwen - Any realm = nicer folk, and more skill based rvr. However a year ago it was a superb server to be on lately before I quit <insert> tumbleweed across the frontiers. Should pick up on launch of NF.

Excaliber - Many mean people, lots of rvr but very zergy. Possibility and scope of more and larger raids PvE and RvR. If you are not in a decent guild forget it too.

Tbh if you have already played the game wait for wow or eq 2 but up to you.

Each server has its pro's and cons your choice.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Esoteric said:
Prydwen - Any realm = nicer folk,

maybe at release when it was quieter therefore less people in your way and also the "unofficial roleplay server"

there's just as many nice folks on excal as on pryd these days I'd say.

At least judging by how equally horrible the FH RvR sections are on either server heh ;)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
I can vouch for midgard/excal myself, alot of very decent and nice people there imo =)

(just stay away from arnor, he's a meanyhead :()

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
think its around 1500 and 2500 peak populations for pryd/excal? not taken a look recently.
I'm not to sure, but I think you're being too positive here. Excalibur population hovers between 1800-2100 the few times I paid attention to it these past few weeks. This might be due to pre patch blues though. It will propably increase some ater the patch, then slowly ( or sharply) drop off again.

Danita

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor's just putting on a show, inside he's a fluffy bunny. ;)

TBH I wouldn't say excal or pryd is much worse, though the morons on pryd did tend to be more persistent on pryd than excal.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
group vs group is better on prydwen, realm vs realm on excal

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno rly, Prydwen was rly good RvR pre-TOA (to my taste anyways), but it has got pretty deserted lately.

Haven't noticed much unfriendliness on Hib/Exc at least, same amount of jackasses as on Alb/Pryd.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I prefer alb/prydwen to mid/excal any day of the week and most of the people from mid that have tried it on alb/prydwen agree. Even some very well known guild GMs ;)

Some people say there's just as many nice people on excalibur as there are on prydwen, probably true but I find that there's far more arseholes on excalibur and it's far harder to start a new character there than on prydwen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom