Excal down for maintenance until this afternoon

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
As mentioned in fridays news as well as on the official site yesterday, Excal will be down from about 10am until this afternoon.

more info on the webby http://daoc.goa.com/en

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
As mentioned in fridays news as well as on the official site yesterday, Excal will be down from about 10am until this afternoon.

more info on the webby http://daoc.goa.com/en

Thanks for reminding the Freddys faithful, Zenythe :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL@amoutn of warning tbh..checked GoA site last night and saw no news (guessing it was added pretty late) me n wife decide to stay home today to play..and walla..servers down....lol

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ROFL@amoutn of warning tbh..checked GoA site last night and saw no news (guessing it was added pretty late) me n wife decide to stay home today to play..and walla..servers down....lol

Do something useful and go play *with* your wife instead of playing with your wife. ;)

(btw.. is it true, that there´s a significant increas of birthrate all over Europe 9 months after a DAOC Sever downtime? :D)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
how can their be a significant increase of population across europe with server down time.

Most players are single geeky blokes ;) unless they all happen to be habitual rapists and went out for a play but i very much doubt it :D

sunlight hurts our eyes :D

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Reikoku said:
afaik it was mentioned in the friday news m8

aye was mentione din friday news that they would do it...and would warn in advance of actual dates ;)

hence why i been checkin the site everynight ;P

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Neffneff said:
aye was mentione din friday news that they would do it...and would warn in advance of actual dates ;)

hence why i been checkin the site everynight ;P

The news was posted at 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT). Did you check before or after then? If it was after then I suggest you clear your browser's cache as it probably isn't updating properly.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Many thanks for the quick up of the servers GOA - can u tell us what u did to them? (im a geek and would just like to know :) )

cheers

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
and can i ask why we still have this irritating hp bug? sometimes people show as xx% hp even tho they aren't.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
The news was posted at 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT). Did you check before or after then? If it was after then I suggest you clear your browser's cache as it probably isn't updating properly.

Many apols..discovered today that browser was indeed being a twat and not updating pages as it should..

all fixed now ;) ...sorry for jumping to conclusions.

[GOA]Erivoss

no problem (firefox tends to do this a lot if that's what you're using).

The maintenance was actually re-racking the servers into new bays (to avoid having 5 machines in one place and then 2 others 50m down the hall (exageration; I don't know the real distance)) and to prepare for Catacombs (which adds yet another machine per server).

Funkybunny

Banned
[GOA]Erivoss said:
no problem (firefox tends to do this a lot if that's what you're using).

The maintenance was actually re-racking the servers into new bays (to avoid having 5 machines in one place and then 2 others 50m down the hall (exageration; I don't know the real distance)) and to prepare for Catacombs (which adds yet another machine per server).
translation: one of the hamsters were feeling lonely, so we gave him a wheel close to the other 3 hamsters :)

[GOA]Erivoss

Funkybunny said:
translation: one of the hamsters were feeling lonely, so we gave him a wheel close to the other 3 hamsters :)

pfft hamsters...

rats are much more efficient ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom