Exact Audio Copy - CD drives not detected.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ok I wonder if any of you have had a similar problem. This only happened recently and, I think, as a result of installing the evil image drive (nero) onto my pc. It has been subsequently uninstalled.

Anyway, no matter what I do I can't get EAC to recognise either of my 2 drives. I've deleted the installation along with the reg entries a few times. I've even removed every last trace of image drive. There is just a blank space in the form window.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what may be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Leggy.

p.s. I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Have you tried changing the detection mode?

Eac Options -> Interface

If it's on ASPI and you're not getting anything I'd guess that Nero has installed it's own ASPI layer and that's causing a problem with the default layer.

Head over to the Adaptec site, they have a program to check what layer you have installed. If it's showing you as having a problem, try re-installing it.

Alternatively you can stick an aspi dll in the EAC folder and it should default to using that, I've never tried it myself however so your milage may very.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Thanks scooba. The detection method was set to external ASPI and not windows native. All sorted now :)

I had previously checked the aspi drivers and they were fine. Turns out it was a lot simpler.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom