Everyone ready for today then?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't wait!

Actually I can't, if anything it will put an end to all the speculation. The whole will they or won't they theme is boring.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
*lost and confused*

What's this thread about?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So far so good, like he says, when you run out of money you have to make cuts. Under Labour we ran out of money, its simply essential that we make cuts.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Just read about some of the details in the Swedish news. Ouch guys. But yeah, better to sort it out now than letting it slip even further downhills.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Im checking a few newspaper but nothing about this "incident", but ni every paper there was something about rooney and Man Utd. Well done swedish newspaper well done.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually its Labour's fault (the previous government). If they hadn't massively over spent to put people in non-jobs to buy votes we wouldn't have to be cutting important jobs now.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Actually its Labour's fault (the previous government). If they hadn't massively over spent to put people in non-jobs to buy votes we wouldn't have to be cutting important jobs now.

Aye i figured as much, i guess also something this drastic is needed.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im checking a few newspaper but nothing about this "incident", but ni every paper there was something about rooney and Man Utd. Well done swedish newspaper well done.

Maybe start reading something else than Expressen and AB? :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Loving it, out of all the things changed they're still giving out 13.5billion to foreign fucking aid... tories need to get their priorities straight me thinks, if you're in debt as a nation stop the fucking hand outs period not just the ones at home.

And still banks are getting daft amounts of money... what this country needs is a party/PM thats grown up as one of the less fortunate of this country, someone who didnt have a privileged life and knows how the world actually works as apose to some fucker second guessing it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Loving it, out of all the things changed they're still giving out 13.5billion to foreign fucking aid... tories need to get their priorities straight me thinks, if you're in debt as a nation stop the fucking hand outs period not just the ones at home.

And still banks are getting daft amounts of money... what this country needs is a party/PM thats grown up as one of the less fortunate of this country, someone who didnt have a privileged life and knows how the world actually works as apose to some fucker second guessing it.

You realise the foreign aid was promised under labour right? >.> ( and signed as a bilateral agreement ).

BBC NEWS | Politics | Chancellor hails EU aid agreement

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
loved the fact one of the first cuts was the civil list.... the Queen is getting a pay cut.... well hoo-fucking-ray!!!

pension age to raise to 66 in 2018 (my dad will be 64) and then to 67 in 2020. good luck dad!

social housing minimum age raised from 25 to 35 LOOOOOOOOOL. we gonna be a nation of Ronnie Corbetts. Language Timothyyyy!!

social housing will need 80% of the MARKET VALUATION rent... basically.. need a job for one... so its not-so-social housing

the guy on Radio 2 today commentating on all of this was asked some questions. one of them was a cracker..

who exactly do we owe all this money to?
well oddly.. we owe it to ourselves..

WTF?

oh and museums still gonna be free. yay. there's a fucking vote winner.

and btw.. all these figures will ONLY add up if the FTSE shoots up to 7.5k, we get unprecidadated growth and a bunch of other fiddly stuff that the summariser said: Has NEVER happened before under any government.

so basically all this stuff is a huge fucking gamble, but 1m+ peeps still gonna pay with their jobs.

:england:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Maybe they should have got jobs which were actual jobs instead of diversifying the stationary. I saw someone moaning on the TV that they won't be getting a pay rise. Welcome to the real world, most private sector places haven't had one in a long time and they actually work instead of turning up to warm seats.

I think the daily mash have got it right (yet again) when public sector workers are concerned.

The Daily Mash - COUNCIL TO OUTSOURCE LAZY, BELLIGERENT ARSEHOLES

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ho ho ho i'm going to enjoy seeing the tories votes in the next election, the first time in fucking years they've been in power and they've fucked it up on the first year. fixing the country is one thing but what they've done today has shafted us in the long run because the amount of votes they lost today is going to put labour back into power thus going around in a fucking circle.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Dudes here in Greece, we are 10 times worse than England :( (Economic Situation is %&^%*)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Foreign aid is the daftest if we weren't in more need of the frigging Aid ourselves.

As for retirement didn't see goverment slashing they perks with pensions scheme they have.

French rioting over having they retirment age being put up to 62 :lol: and in good old blighty we just sit back and let these pompous asses rip shit out the tax payer.

RIP off Britain no wonder when people do retire they fuck off abroad while the scroungers from around the world want to come here.

Soulja

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Solution: set up your own tax haven in your downstairs toilet & live there for 7 years, eating nothing but tinned fish & drinking nothing except vodka & the water from the toilet.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dudes here in Greece, we are 10 times worse than England :( (Economic Situation is %&^%*)

Not really, the only real difference is that Greece use Euro, England does not.

Other then that, both countries are in a quite similar situation.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/04/cbi_publicsector_pensions_unfa.html

a few points to note-

the average public sector pension is expected to be 26% of final salary

the true cost of deficit is £600bn or £10k for every man woman and child in the UK

the public sector average earnings are now more than private sector average earnings

so in a nutshell, what the public sector worker pays into the pension fund is nothing like what is needed to cover the cost of the pension. Therefore to cover the cost the government has to raid all other tax payers receipts to the tune of £10k per person to cover the expected shortfall. This is why they are known as bullet proof pensions. Regardless of how the investment performs, the public sector worker will get exactly what they are promised with the tax payer expected to cover the deficit. This is not a system based on equality at all. Not a fair system at all.

Now the public sector worker tells you it's because they earn less than their counterparts in the private sector, but this article debunks that myth also. Average earnings are higher in the public sector.

So all in all the public sector worker expects his pension protected and expects the tax payer to cover the shortfall if his pension investment has performed poorly and cannot meet its liabilities. Put it this way, my household has to pay £50k more in taxes to ensure public sector workers pension rights are protected.

Now the public sector worker may suggest that the pensions are small, but this is only where the worker has worked for a short period of time. Public sector workers pensions can be 2/3 of final salary. They get 2 or 3% of salary for every year they work up to a maximum of 67%. If the pension annuity was purchased using a fair method without taxpayer's subsidy the pension would be much smaller that it ordinarily is. That would be fair as you should only be able to buy an annuity with your fund, and not rely on the tax payer to make up the shortfall on what was promised.

Archie pointed out yesterday that the typical LA pension was £4k per annum - it would be nearer £2k if the pension fund alone was used to purchase the annuity however we know that to the public sector worker the performance of their pension fund is irrelevant - they can just rely on everyone else to cover the shortfall. Bullet Proof, more like Nuclear proof! However, as the public sector workers can dip into everyone else's tax receipts, this piddling pension of £2k can be made up to £4k. Of course, the public sector worker likes to think this is fair that everyone else should have to pay because their investment failed.

Now the £4k pension is based on someone working for say 3 years leaving on £30k. That's 9% of salary entitlement or thereabouts.

Is it any wonder we as a nation are screwed when the public sector worker expects everyone else to foot the bill of their poorly performing pension funds. That's greed and selfishness as this quite clearly on a macro scale means every man woman and child is much worse of to the tune of £10k.

No wonder Goverment don't want to tackle a Big deficit in they Pensions.

Soulja

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom