Everquest2?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Do you think EQ2 will have any affect on the daoc population? Perhaps EQ2 will draw more of the PvE crowd than PvP crowd I suppose though?

Any of you planning on playing it when it's released? :) Looks really awesome in a number of ways imo! :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
I have a couple of mates playing beta atm, and they say that except for the gfx it's crapcrapcrap. But I dunno. wont play it anyways ^^

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Well EQ have allways been crap crap and ohh yes CRAP.

EQ2 have crap animations, better gfx maybe, by looks crap imo.
PvE for the rest of your life, no thanks.
If you think TOA is bad and wait for re-pops and stuff like that.
Hey!! 1 month re-pop on some mobs \o/

You think camping a spot for a mob for a quest or something is bad.
Try the epic quests in EQ, my friend told me 1 monk quest had a part where you needed to camp a spot for a pop for about 1 week, and as all monks need it ... well you do the math.

Can you tell I don't like EQ :D
Well who cares, my judgement might not be the best, but I won't play it.
DAOC4LIFE :D

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Whoa doesn't sound too good! :eek:

However EQ2 WILL have instanced quests so you don't need to wait for respawn on those quest encounters ;-)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
EQ1 was crap, SWG was crap, this will be crap

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
For some people that dont feel the need to wtf pwn everything EQ2 might be a bit of fresh air for some.

The content of EQ1 is better than daoc, ok the gfx were diabolical compared to what we have now but hey they still have quite a following.

As for EQ2 from what I have been told the GFX rock, lag is a bit of a problem but hey ho its in beta and lots crammed on to small servers.

As for PVE the quests available are staggering, they make DAOC look like they have 2-3 quests, sure some of them are difficult to do and to get, but jesus the "must have now" mentality is totally stupid.

There is no end game in DAOC or in the EQ series, thats what it is all about.

The best thing about EQ2 will be the lack of the "I must wtfpwn everything" type folk or at least I hope they wont have the patience to play it.

From the snippets I have been given the whole thing is differant from daoc. Some of it good some bad but few areas are similar.

If given the chance, I would give it a go for sure, then I'll make an educated decision on whether to stay in DAOC or go to EQ2. I dont think I'll be deciding just yet based on 3rd hand info.

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Well EQ have allways been crap crap and ohh yes CRAP.

EQ2 have crap animations, better gfx maybe, by looks crap imo.
PvE for the rest of your life, no thanks.
If you think TOA is bad and wait for re-pops and stuff like that.
Hey!! 1 month re-pop on some mobs \o/

You think camping a spot for a mob for a quest or something is bad.
Try the epic quests in EQ, my friend told me 1 monk quest had a part where you needed to camp a spot for a pop for about 1 week, and as all monks need it ... well you do the math.

Can you tell I don't like EQ :D
Well who cares, my judgement might not be the best, but I won't play it.
DAOC4LIFE :D

Such whine from a guy who havent even played EQ2 yet.
Fyi, EQ1 is one of the worlds most popular MMROPGS _STILL_ - And whatever went wrong in EQ1, will be SO right in EQ2. And whatever they missed in EQ1 will be added in EQ2, surely they will listen to the subscribers.

I doubt a huge company like this will fail, however, i do not think they will attract EVERYONE.

I think EQ2 will be a nice game. And if they add PvP, it will be great :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Kaj said:
Such whine from a guy who havent even played EQ2 yet.
Fyi, EQ1 is one of the worlds most popular MMROPGS _STILL_ - And whatever went wrong in EQ1, will be SO right in EQ2. And whatever they missed in EQ1 will be added in EQ2, surely they will listen to the subscribers.

I doubt a huge company like this will fail, however, i do not think they will attract EVERYONE.

I think EQ2 will be a nice game. And if they add PvP, it will be great :)

Well I'm telling my opinion from what I've heard from beta-testers and friends that play EQ1 ALOT.

And all I said about pop times and stuff are EQ1 and I think they will stick to that, because thats the only way to make an interesting *end-game* for the PvE l337 players.

I don't care what you think about the game, that is what I think.
I don't want to agrue with you.
You have your opinion I have mine ok?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Kaj said:
surely they will listen to the subscribers.

Hmm, well from what I know, they don't listen at all to subscribers.
My RL friend who has played that game for about 4 years now tells me that they don't listen at all, they fook class after class, item after item.
The customer support is really crap, getting help after an appeal takes about 20days if you are lucky.
Still he loves the game, and keeps talking about it.
So welll, somehow it's good, but when I tried it I hated it.

Gogge^^

Loyal Freddie
u guys are so nearsighted, EQ1 wasnt crap and if u judge a game by its Gfx then youre a fool imho, if just the Gameplay is good Gfx doesnt matter, also EQ2 and EQ1 have and had PvP, not in the same scale as Daoc tho. dont judge the game before u have tried it

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
here is a hint EQ2 = SOE
If you think GOA is bad try dealing with SOE

Gogge^^

Loyal Freddie
ive tried to deal with SOE, and i dont think they are worse then GOA, in SWG they listened to the players.. thats more then GOA do

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Gogge^^ said:
ive tried to deal with SOE, and i dont think they are worse then GOA, in SWG they listened to the players.. thats more then GOA do
So far with SOE I've had an account closed for 2 weeks for no reason what so ever
got an acount reactivated twice without my permision.
and from 3 tickets only one was ever answerd (ofcourse it had nothing to do whit the original questen but hey.

Oh yeah they listened to players in SWG and then started teleporting them to space

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Im downloading EQ2 atm, i have access to 2 beta accounts so i will test it out, give a report later for those that doesnt get into beta

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Bah first i download some files and i thought that it did go fast. then connect to game server and a update of the other files but this time it is estimated 4 hours left.

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Well I'm telling my opinion from what I've heard from beta-testers and friends that play EQ1 ALOT.

And all I said about pop times and stuff are EQ1 and I think they will stick to that, because thats the only way to make an interesting *end-game* for the PvE l337 players.

I don't care what you think about the game, that is what I think.
I don't want to agrue with you.
You have your opinion I have mine ok?

If you dont care about what anyone says, why are you posting here for? And you said you wouldnt argue with me, yet you posted another post. If your sooo cool that you dont care about anyone else but yourself, you should keep it to yourself too. If your getting yourself into a thread which will most likely lead to arguments, you should atleast be ready for the consequences.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
EQ2 isn't bad. Yes it's only PvE. But not PvE like Daoc where you camp Mobs for Hours. No, you are roaming most of the Time. Lots of Things to see, lots of things to do. Instance Zones for Soloers, Groups and Raids. Lots of Encounters. The Battles are intensive and always a challenge = Fun.

Check out the big EQ2 Gameplay Video. There you see 2 Instance Zone Battles. One against Demon things and one against a Dragon. What you see there is how it looks/works ingame.

I will play EQ2 for PvE and Daoc for RvR. xD

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Kaj said:
If you dont care about what anyone says, why are you posting here for? And you said you wouldnt argue with me, yet you posted another post. If your sooo cool that you dont care about anyone else but yourself, you should keep it to yourself too. If your getting yourself into a thread which will most likely lead to arguments, you should atleast be ready for the consequences.

Why I'm posting here, to answer original posters question.

Ok I'm ready for the consequences :) hit me.

I still have *my* opinion about the game, you tell me they are lame and I havnt played it, have you?
As I said, my totally addicted EQ1 friend does not like EQ2 it's not as good as EQ1 in his opinion, I believe him.
He says the customer support is crap, and I also believe that.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Im downloading EQ2 atm, i have access to 2 beta accounts so i will test it out, give a report later for those that doesnt get into beta

Give! Could do with EQ2 beta since I can't get into WoW beta either :(

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:

I still have *my* opinion about the game, you tell me they are lame and I havnt played it, have you?
As I said, my totally addicted EQ1 friend does not like EQ2 it's not as good as EQ1 in his opinion, I believe him.

When did i say you were LAME?
Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion of everything mate. Just that, you posted here, and i replied. Then you tell me your not going to _argue_ with me? Anyway, nvm... gl hf in DAoC mate :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I tested it out a bit, never got any woha feelings, i only killed a few lame mobs, i got a crafter quest that i havent done yet. Done a quest where i should clean up the basement of a house but you basicly could put the furniture on each others and it would still been cleaned up :)
Grafic feels like any other shit game atm

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'm into EQ2 beta, fed up with it after 2 hours.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
EQ1 was the best online game on the market for a number of years and pretty much the main reason you have games like DAoC today.

I played EQ non-stop for 3 years and in my eyes it is the most addictive game i have ever played. The game content was phenomenal and by all accounts still is. I have friends who still play the game now (5yrs after release) and they enjoy it as much now as they did when they first started playing. My only concern with games like EQ is that they can become all-consuming, pretty much taking over your life.

DAoC is a far shallower game, ideal for people who want instant gratification. DAoC has nowhere near the depth of EQ or UO but it was never intended to be that way. SI and ToA moved DAoC in that direction but tbh it doesn't compete. Catacombs may prove me wrong, but by then MMORPG's will have moved on.

As for EQ2 i have no doubt it will surpass the original and set new standards for MMORPG's. If they have implemented all they say they have, it will offer alot of things to alot of players.

I wont be playing EQ2 as i dont have the time to dedicate myself to it. If you are the type who likes to immerse themselves in a game and get the most out them then i would say definately check it out.

Be warned though it will ruin your social life (Thats if you have one)..

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Aloca said:
Bah first i download some files and i thought that it did go fast. then connect to game server and a update of the other files but this time it is estimated 4 hours left.
Just a word of advice get the files early in the morning, from about 2pm UK time it goes v slow...

<cough> thats what I have been told anyway :)

You also need Directx 9.0c as of this week, it got patched again..

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tharion said:

Its all subjective.

Eq2 is not for everybody but most sensible people would actually try it before they slate it because X said this and X said that. If I listened to everything people said about food or movies or cars or whatever, I think life would be a tad shite.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
I tested it out a bit, never got any woha feelings, i only killed a few lame mobs, i got a crafter quest that i havent done yet. Done a quest where i should clean up the basement of a house but you basicly could put the furniture on each others and it would still been cleaned up :)
Grafic feels like any other shit game atm

It gets way better then that thou, once u leave the prisoners island (or whatever the name was) it will get a lot better. So don't give up yet.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
sibanac said:
So far with SOE I've had an account closed for 2 weeks for no reason what so ever
got an acount reactivated twice without my permision.
and from 3 tickets only one was ever answerd (ofcourse it had nothing to do whit the original questen but hey.

Oh yeah they listened to players in SWG and then started teleporting them to space
lol

I have had posts on rightnow ignored for weeks and weeks and weeks.
I have the payment schedule changed on my credit card twice.
The server was hacked causing issues with payment and resetting of passwords.
The server fails to handle the large scale RVR it promised

And thats just daoc......your point?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
didnt soe ban a load of accounts because people protested/whined? if goa banned people everytime they werent happy with the service they would have a player base of 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom