ever wanted to change your style apperance? heres how

Laston said:
http://vnboards.ign.com/Savage_Forum/b22323/64948334/p1

the movie itself is down but if you read on it´s quite intresting :D
ohh if somone would be so kind to make a guide on what styles are witch :m00:

you do realise you cant just make a guide and swap names etc... you need to download a BANNED 3rd party programme to do it... and in doing so are breaking the CoC you agreed to.. if it were as simple as changing a few file names in your directory without the use of a 3rd party programm mythic wouldnt give a flying f00k..

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
you dont need to use a 3 party appl :D just notepad from what i read :eek: i havent tried it myself yet but thats cause it´s 2:31 and im going to bed in a min

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
FlaMiN_LiZarD said:
"theres a folder called Animes

this is every animation in the game.. before you start changing em around make sure you let the patcher go through (it will overwrite your changes everytime -_-)

next you have to delete a set of styles (if you cant figure out what a set is just give up now).. after deleting a set log in style.. if you dont do any animation congrats~ you found your styles for that weapon spec

now all you need to do is figure out which files go for each of your styles.. once you got all that down on notepad or something its time to have fun~

take a file from a differnt set and replace it with your old style.. log in do that style and see what you get! dont bother mixing "

read this maybe?
:eek:

emma

Loyal Freddie
Check page 3 of that thread. I listed most of the good animation styles for alb/mid 1h weapons.

There are dozens more ofc but those are the ones i consider good.

TNT

One of Freddy's beloved
so old :m00:

dont think you need a 3rd party programme? just the same as editing some cs gun files?
cant see why anyone ( mythic/goa ) would have a problem with it really.

Tilda

I think this is a bit if-y on CoC grounds, im going to leave it open to see what GoA's/Requiels view on it is.

Tilda

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Boring that the movie page is down and the jpg images are forbidden :(

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
is the a file for unstylede attacks with staff? i so want my casters to use the CS rolling attack when in attack mode ^^

Path

Fledgling Freddie
"You may not use any of your own or third-party software to modify the Game Content to change Game play."

Technically, using a specific program to decode styles or using notepad to do it "manually" is the same thing - in both instaces you'll be using 3rd party programs to modify the game.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
omg if this isnt illegal it would own :D could use hammer looking styles for evade prereq :O omg requiel say it's allowed :<

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
I doubt it's allowed, as you're still modifying the game. You also have to remember that if they allow this, where is the line drawn? As someone mentions in that thread, it's also possibly to change the character models - and that can indeed give you an unfair advantage over other people (make all enemies appear as trolls, and all your realm mates appear as lurikeens or some other small size model, for instance.)

It's a shame that the VNBoards allowed such a thread to run unchecked IMO, altho guess it's just about hoping that Mythic will take some steps towards making it impossibly to altering the game (or at least find some kind of detection for it).

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
if you make yourself as a troll only you can see that, the enemy will still see you as normal ;) i still wouldnt do it myself tho, as said its a grey area best left alone.

But really what advantage do you get by changing your styles so they look cooler? :touch:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
OMG!!!!!!!!! make everything, friendly, enemy, mobs, npc's, EVERYTHING! luwis :D omg :(

Cyfr

Banned
Heh people have no problems replacing game.dll when they used daoc window mode so theres no problem as I see it ;)

Tilda

Path said:
"You may not use any of your own or third-party software to modify the Game Content to change Game play."

Technically, using a specific program to decode styles or using notepad to do it "manually" is the same thing - in both instaces you'll be using 3rd party programs to modify the game.
From what I gathered, you just use trial and error and write your results down in notepad.
Although I personally think its harmless, there are related file swapping things that cause problems so I wouldn't be supprised if this is all illegal.

Tilda

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
It's a shame that the VNBoards allowed such a thread to run unchecked IMO, altho guess it's just about hoping that Mythic will take some steps towards making it impossibly to altering the game (or at least find some kind of detection for it).

What are the file names of Dual shoadow and anihilation?

I will gladly fix any bugs I can find, but with out more info then "It don't work", there's nothing I can do.

-Rick
--------------------------------------
they got admins helping ppl using this feature :p

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
if its only for styles anims then its ok :p
but u proly can change not only styles but a lot more with those files i think :l

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
if its only for styles anims then its ok :p
but u proly can change not only styles but a lot more with those files i think :l

u can change models too, like changing all luris models to troll making much easier to see on u screen.

btw backflip on a ns look awsome :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
i wanna backflip on my troll :)

now THAT would be awsome!

if u got evade its easy :p

/edit not sure if admins allowed it to be told but i can allways send u an pm :)

TNT

One of Freddy's beloved
Lejemorder said:
if u got evade its easy :p

/edit not sure if admins allowed it to be told but i can allways send u an pm :)

whats the file for evade an blackflip then?

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
None of these changes show to other people, nor do they affect gameplay in any way (IMO). So doing those changes are in the gray area, I doubt GOA would punish anyone for doing those changes.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Sarnat said:
None of these changes show to other people, nor do they affect gameplay in any way (IMO). So doing those changes are in the gray area, I doubt GOA would punish anyone for doing those changes.
Not for something as harless as an animation, but some of the severe exploits they are having on US servers (like being able to make walls vanish) are the result of Zzzzziiiipppp
So I would be real carefull before you go editing some DAOC files, because they won't know what your intentions were.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well we had the bug of several people being able to walk through the 2nd door of keeps, because their clientside files were different (new keeps when we were supposed to have old still), so im sure this can be abused

turned my luri into a troll ages ago playing with the files, its kinda funny but it shouldnt be allowed :x

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Just get an out of memory error when I swap my thrust style(sting) for DS and try to perform that style in game. :<

Is it maybe because it requires you to have 2 weapons just to use the animation?

edit, change that, get it with anything I try :<

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As has been said already in this thread, while changing style animations around isn't giving you an advantage, there are exploits that can be done which do.
All of these exploits will be closed soon but in the meantime I'd strongly recommend not changing files at all. At the very least it may cause stability problems, and at worst your intentions may be called into question and you may find yourself in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom