Ever tried an MMORPG with 'web n walk'

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hi chaps

I have recently bought (due to lack of internet at home) one of these T Mobile 'Web N Walk' USB Modems and I miss playing MMORPGs, but I'm not sure if it's going to work very well with this setup. Has anybody tried it before? I get download speeds of 60-120kbs (and sometimes higher) but the connection isn't very stable.

Does anybody have any tips for improving or at least stabilizing such a connection? And how bad would I lag ingame? I used to play on a 0.5mb connection which capped at about 60kb/s and that was fine, so I'm not sure.

Ta :)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Hi chaps

I have recently bought (due to lack of internet at home) one of these T Mobile 'Web N Walk' USB Modems and I miss playing MMORPGs, but I'm not sure if it's going to work very well with this setup. Has anybody tried it before? I get download speeds of 60-120kbs (and sometimes higher) but the connection isn't very stable.

Does anybody have any tips for improving or at least stabilizing such a connection? And how bad would I lag ingame? I used to play on a 0.5mb connection which capped at about 60kb/s and that was fine, so I'm not sure.

Ta :)

I played DAOC (on a servers thats known to be laggy for everyone) and EVE online via GPRS using modem link software on my t-mobile phone, i get about 3-6kbs dl speed. Eve and daoc were a bit slow to react to my imput but were playable. i really dont see any problems at all with your much much much much faster usb modem :p as i was playing with round about dial up speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom