Ever gonna be higher than lvl 50?

B

baphomet

Do you think DAOC will ever have the possibility to go higher than lvl 50?
I mean REALLY over lvl 50 not the "I have RR blah blah or whatever."

S

Shike

i seriosly hope they dont increase the toplvl, that would mean more PvE :)

I

ImLestat

Well, if you disregard the other RR's RR5 is still considered to be L51. This because it raises your possible af to 102 per piece (51 on cloth) and your dps to 16.5. Casters only seem to benefit from this to a limited level though, how often do they use their staffs in combat anyway? But that's another matter...
Doesn't seem like Mythic wants to budge on the L50 cap atm.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
Well, if you disregard the other RR's RR5 is still considered to be L51.

I understand, but you're still defined as level 51.
I mean more on the lines of maybe having a lvl 60 or higher cap or no cap at all , but the XP you'd need would be astronomical to progress.
After saying that, I can see that in itself might cause problems.

O

old.Icebreaker

Why should they raise the lvl cap? If all are lvl 60 (Example) or lvl50 makes no difference at all. Sure you do higher Damage and get better Armor but everyonelse gets this too. :D

B

baphomet

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Why should they raise the lvl cap? If all are lvl 60 (Example) or lvl50 makes no difference at all. Sure you do higher Damage and get better Armor but everyonelse gets this too. :D

Yea, but then in PvE for example, you could possibly solo the higher lvl mobs.
Anyway, using your logic, there may as well be a lvl 10 cap. :D

A

Archeon

If you look at the ToA website it mentions somthing about a master level, no idea what thats going to be but it should be fairly interesting to find out :)

F

Flimgoblin

I don't think they'll raise the cap in the traditional manner...

that would make a LOT of people angry... shifting goalposts is rather annoying :) especially in a game where a lot of people level to 50 to play in RvR

S

Sharma

No way will they increase the level caps because then they would have to alter the levels of thousands of mobs o_O

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
that would make a LOT of people angry... shifting goalposts is rather annoying :) especially in a game where a lot of people level to 50 to play in RvR

Good point, that would suck.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by sharma
No way will they increase the level caps because then they would have to alter the levels of thousands of mobs o_O

Well, they COULD just create new "Master" level zones instead.

O

old.Tohtori

Simple.

Max level in RvR is 50. Nothing new here.

Also, you get a PvE level which will rise after 50.

Stuff? Well it could cap at level 50 in RvR or the max level items you could wear to RvR is 50.

Solved? Nah...too much work for Mythic so let's cry together.

R

rynnor

There have been some indications of a future incease to max level 60 - Bonedancer pets were created with the final pet having a max level of 45 - since BD commanders level = 3/4 BD level this shows an allowance for 60th level BD's.

Could just be the coders anticipating future changes?

K

krill-nyd

From the description of the Atlantis add-on: "Master Levels, a new advancement system that teaches your character new abilities, spells, combat styles, and much more" Haven't seen any more details.

V

Vivishade

if they do they will need to make more mobs and that will just take up their spare time :p

T

thorungla

Every RR you gain in rvr is greater than the levels you gained in pve, although it does give diminsihing returns as you get higher RR.

PVE - Gain 1 Level = Gain +1 to one or two spec lines + increase stats

RVR - Gain 1 RR = Gain +1 to all spec lines + RA's (that could be used to increases stats)

This may be slightly simplified but imo a lvl 50 (RR5) is effectively a lvl 55 player vs another lvl 50 with no RR's

S

Sharma

Just imagine level 60s going around with 20.0 dps weapons saying they hit for like 1k a strike :rolleyes:

B

Balbor

it would be nice if there was a way to add to or use up those left over spec points you get,

A set of basic skills that all players can buy into, like letting a cleric could train a little in shield or perry to added to there defence (an healers/shamen 2).
converting left over spec points to realm skill points or vice-versa.

Also has anyone got RR5 before htting L50? does your armour/weapon cap go up to 50 or 51 or does it stay as its untill you level?

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Balbor

Also has anyone got RR5 before htting L50? does your armour/weapon cap go up to 50 or 51 or does it stay as its untill you level?

I think Redb hit rr6 at 48 or something, best to ask him if youre on irc or something

O

old.Mirandalia

Looking at this from another point of view, one who ain't that active in pvp, more so in pve;
I think that letting someone level one or two more levels in pve, with of course insane xp amounts, just like it is now after 50, isn't a bad idea, I enjoy pve more than pvp cause you die die die over and over in pvp, which isn't fun, so instead I could pve to 52 or so, making me a bit better in pvp, and maybe not die so often :)

Not everyone would be levelling to 52, because of the insane xp amounts required, thus making the playing a field more versatile :)

G

Gekul

No more timesinks ffs. There are enough already, time to 50, time to get realm ranks, time to PvE more for equipment etc (+ time to level a buffbot for stealthers ;)). There are people that play this game who don't enjoy playing insane amounts, we're already at a disadvantage due to the mechanics of the game. Those who play more already have an inherant advantage.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Gekul
No more timesinks ffs. There are enough already, time to 50, time to get realm ranks, time to PvE more for equipment etc (+ time to level a buffbot for stealthers ;)). There are people that play this game who don't enjoy playing insane amounts, we're already at a disadvantage due to the mechanics of the game. Those who play more already have an inherant advantage.

It depends if you consider playing DAOC (or any other MMORPG) a race to max levels or just enjoying the ride.
For me I'm not rushing to lvl 50. It's nice when I level, but I enjoy getting there.

O

old.Tohtori

I wish they had a different spell system though.

Gaining new spells every time you ding is rather...well..boring.

Gaining the knowledge to a new spell, gaining strength in an old spell, hunting for a book for days to gain access and then studying it for another day... now that's the way to do it.

Would make more enjoyable to learn spells then to:

"Quick rush to 19 to get aoedot!!"

How about instead:

"Hmm, it seems this Tome of Ungerwaltzen holds some power, i'll take it to my master."

"Ok, my master told me to travel to gotar to find out more."

"I learned that i need an Amulet of the Old and the Pinky toe of Jabrylla to complete the summoning."

"Wow! I summoned the ancient and i learned how to create a vacuum to an area!"

F

Flimgoblin

extra levels = people soloing the big stuff in DF = no more challenge in there... :)

G

Gekul

Originally posted by baphomet
It depends if you consider playing DAOC (or any other MMORPG) a race to max levels or just enjoying the ride.
For me I'm not rushing to lvl 50. It's nice when I level, but I enjoy getting there.
Getting to 50 isn't the half of it. I took my time to get there, was in no rush. Just being 50 isn't enough though, you'll be at a disadvantage to those who are higher realm rank, those who have the time to farm, those who have the time to level a buffbot. The PvE side of this game isn't very well developed, there are better games for that. It's the RvR side I enjoy and being a stealther the imbalance is probably shown a lot more.

O

old.pala hellraiser

I actually asked a CSR this in the game ( Customer Support Rep. ) He basically said, no... they wont raise the lvl 50.

Which is unfortunate, but if you think about it, raising the level would be such a big thing.
It would mean:

New XP areas.
More armor.
More Items.
Higher crafting, to suit higher levels.
Ect,ect... loads more stuff.

S

Sharma

Virtual levels would be nice, stats dont raise and stuff but sorta new armour would be needed, that would make 1000+ skill worth it i guess :\

B

baphomet

Here's a mad idea.
I remember in the old Basic D&D days you could buy add on boxed sets for the game when you wanted to raise your chars to REALLY high levels.

How about when you hit lvl 50, you keep on XPing and then you have the option of transferring the char to another place which was 50+ only?
But you couldn't bring it back to the original game world.
The other place would be geared towards very high level playing and would have RvR and PvE and so on.
And there could be no theoretical upper limit on the levels.

I realise this is a huge thing to do and will not happen in DAOC.
But it's an interesting idea.

O

old.Tohtori

Babby darling... that's not a halfass bad idea.

You could do it Au Diablorel.

Simply the same game but the levels start from 50 up.

All mobs upped, drops upped etc.

Like a harder difficulty.

M

moo_work

Originally posted by sharma
Just imagine level 60s going around with 20.0 dps weapons saying they hit for like 1k a strike :rolleyes:

with last savage dps buff you swing a 16.5 wep at just over 20.5 dps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom