Events LACK depth, originality and are generally boring and unrewarding?

C

censi

Just a small comment about these GOA events.....

Has anyone got any enjoyment out of doing them so far????

Or do you just generally find that the some rumour floats around the realm about mobs being in a dungeon and you need to take a zerg of 500 peeps there to clear it out.... you never really know whats going on, you never really feel like anything special is happening and whats supposed to be a break from the norm, actually typlifies the norm.

Any comments or suggestions on how these events could be made more personal to each player.....

M

^MisterJingo^

The most interesting event I saw was on prydwen albion in Ludlow. A travelling man and his pet troll were there and he was offering people the chance to duel it. He'd alter the trolls level dependant on the challanger. Even let someones pet telemon duel it. I think the winners got a nice amount of exp and gold. Not much of an event perhaps but certainly different.

N

Novamir

i still think the best events are the small ones which need 1-2 grps to complete. however that doesn't affect too many people :/

K

kr0n

I think ive participated in about... 0 events. I always hear about them too late or day after. I never know whats goin on etc. Guess its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

A

Arnor

Has anyone got any enjoyment out of doing them so far????

hitit.jpg

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

:eek6:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by kr0n
I think ive participated in about... 0 events. I always hear about them too late or day after. I never know whats goin on etc. Guess its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

You could h4xx0r into the event-team's database to find out when and where the next event is going to happen.

Good idea, innit?:D

G

Gimly

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

You could h4xx0r into the event-team's database to find out when and where the next event is going to happen.

Good idea, innit?:D

Hahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:

G

Generic Poster

I'd rather have events with less riddles and more action.

An RvR event would be superb, like a Dragon-level beast appearing in Emain and making the zerg-life hell. Something which would need all three realms to co-operate and kill.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Generic Poster
I'd rather have events with less riddles and more action.

An RvR event would be superb, like a Dragon-level beast appearing in Emain and making the zerg-life hell. Something which would need all three realms to co-operate and kill.
Like the one at end of beta that turned into a huge gankfest? :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by Eleasias
Didn't the mob just get pulled onto the alb PK guards who dispatched it then we went back to killing each other. Or am I remembering wrong? :p

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Eleasias

sssssh... I need to get easy kill somehow :D

W

Whoodoo_RD

A few of us keep trying to keep up the info on the Middy campaign, but as yet, no drops, no clues, lots of dying and usually its all over in a matter of seconds once wehave gathered enough troops.

From memory these campaigns have now been running for abot 6 months, and so far only 2 or 3 major things have happened, a gersha invasion of Fort Atla (dispatched in about 20 mins with around 4fg), and the recent campage of Vendo Caves by some dudes bearing an evil eye emblum that dropped hibbie armour. Again within an hour of it being announce - vendo was all clear again. Then they attacked Fort Veldon....and again, all gone insdie 30 mins.

Both times we got told nothing. Had we done the task, had we failed, wheres the next bit, why dont we get clues or drops and why is there seemingly little or no text or conversation from the NCPs involved.

/yawn

R

Roo Stercogburn

I like the campaign. I've missed most of the battles, but I've got a lot of enjoyment out of trying to puzzle out what is going on. Because it has taken place over a few months, it means I've been able to still join in, even when I miss some of the bigger things.

Events do seem to be taking shape and lots of separate things starting to come together. Check out Milkshake's thread Background to the Midgard Campaign for some interesting developments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom