Events are NOT over

R

ReaLX

as you can read on the officialdaoc site:

The " strangers " campaign :

I use the Friday grab bag to give you some information concerning the campaign. As you probably noticed, things happened fast on all servers last Wednesday. Various witnesses reported that key objectives in the three realms were attacked by Geershas simultaneously (mines, etc…). Various analyses tend to lead to the creation of outposts a bit everywhere in preparation for a more massive coming invasion…

Exceptionally, we will now reveal you some of the "behind the mirror" information, at least technically, in order for you to get a better view on what is going on during evening such as the one we had on last Wednesday. Do not wait for role-playing revelations, this is not the subject today, we will just take the Albion example and see what happened.

It's not a secret anymore ; an army of Geershas appeared in Cornwall last Wednesday. The army then moved to its objective, the Yarley's farm. This force, while quite impressive, was destroyed on all servers, but this was not where the key events where happening for the evening. Meanwhile, little groups of 4 to 8 Geershas moved toward Tepok's mines, their real and far objective, which they would reach in about an hour (real time of course).

In order to stop their attempt to take control of the mines, players could just block enough Geershas on their path, a group or two of high level players would have been enough.

However, if the Geershas crossed in peace, they could regroup and organise themselves, then take control of the mines and make them hell. A hell that, when you see the challenge of the place, was not always cleared right away. :

This is the interesting part, the results really varied from one server to another. In one case, the enemy diversion failed : players noticed the main threat and not on Geersha reached Tepok, which left the goblins quite happy since they could keep their control of the area.

On three other servers, the Mines, once invaded, were violently pacified during the evening, while on two others ; the Albion forces only claimed the place on Thursday evening. Three servers are still having problems with their mines as we speak.

As you can guess, we were perfectly aware of the challenge we offered you : at no point, we thought that all the servers, players, would react identically to the threat. The numbers, the organisation and the mobilisation are quite different from one server to another and we took these elements into consideration in our designs for the logical next steps of the event.

Be assured that no event "failed" on this day because monsters did not all got exterminated a couple seconds after they spawned. We are just taking into account what happened on each server in order to offer you the correct follow-up : as you can guess, the Geersha will react differently if they are the masters of Tepok or not, if they can think of something of course…

Obviously the events are NOT over, so please keep looking out for news npc's, changes in mob spawns, weird msg's, etc...

O

old.Astrix

I found a Stranger, purple to a lvl 29 minstrel.

Never saw her before and she was hostile but i couldn't interact with her...

B

-baralis-

i was up snowdonia station yesterday and summins happening there. There was about 10 more guards there than normal and 1 guy sed about goblins becoming restless and his garrison had been sent to protect the station, also the NPC at the graveyard in N black mountains has gone.

O

old.FIN

Yes, and we made team and searched geesha warriors again, had nice time killing them, we were little late, but they spawned and spawned =)

G

grebneklaf

Any of you read how they handled the redeployment on prydwen.

Taken from this thread:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=32948

(quote)
Today i did something terible.....

Well... there are some new guards at Snowdonia staion... One of them Sergent Haran Twisted-Arm asked me to ask Lieutenant Andorin to redeploy the guards who where stationed W of snowdonia station to Snowdonia station in case of an attack from the geercha... Well as i rushed there i fell and hit my head.. and gave the order to move the guards at snowdonia station to the crest to the West... doing the oposite of what i was asked..

And it cant be changed.. the order is allready given... and we can only sit and watch to see what my mistake will have for imapakt on the future of this event...

http://home.bip.net/ahlborg/pics/sshot141.jpg

[btw one keyword was [helping] wich is the same as saying "task" so i asked kemor to fix it, and he changed it to aid instead.]

<Phoenix Legion>

Xim - Level 1x eldrich on excal
(end quote)

Lol just proves that armsmen are stupid tanks
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom