Event tonight - The Third Seeker & Sloeman the Yellow

O

old.Hendrick

Tonight, happenings around Cameran the Third (evil mage, threatening all of Albion) evolved. The Third Seeker was summoned and apparently Graham of the Knights Templar was possessed by it, or bewitched by Cameran. In any case, the bewitchment quickly faded and Graham was able to hand the papers we found yesterday after killing the roman undead Antonius Citus (see other thread) to Master Vismak. Master Vismak deciphered the scroll and sent us to the Ellyl ruins, where Sloeman the Yellow (evil elf, some met that guy before) hid. Some people made it there and talked to him, while the biggest part of the Albion army was fooled into believing Sloeman would meet us in Hadrians Wall.

I can not say for sure what happened at Sloeman, since I was one of 50 people who went to Hadrians, but it seems that Sloeman was helping Cameran, and he will no longer do that since we bothered him too much.

Oh, and ooc: Thanks GOA for ruining the evening of about 50 people. We went to Hadrians Wall because Sloeman said he would meet us there. Now we were tricked because Sloeman was afraid of a large army, and that's all fair and square, but it effectively meant a wasted night for at least 50 people. Totally wasted. These people will now think twice of ever joining such an event again. If we would have been ambushed, beset, attacked by anything, maybe even wiped out, it would have had at least some kind of meaning. Something would have happened. But no, nothing happened, and that sucks.

I am sure some people who were at the Ellyl and actually talked to Sloeman can contribute more to this, I think Myshra was one of them.

O

old.Velo

Infact he came 10 min after the larger part of our army had left...

here is the chatlog:

The letter:

Master Vismak says, "As we agreed with Cameran last moon, you will see that the emissary I sent to you today is accompanied by teo of the first Avenging souls I created."

Master Vismak says, "Our guesses were right and soon, you will be able to control hordes of these undead Ellyls."

Master Vismak says, "This should give you the power to pursue your plans long enough for the ritual to be completed."

Master Vismak says, "If any more troubles come my way, tell Cameran that I will stop providing the help he needs in the frontiers and he will find himself alone."

Hadrians Wall:

[23:17:48] Sanguineus waves to Slomean the Yellow.

[23:17:49] @@Lemartes yells, "noone harm him!"

[23:17:53] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I could not face your whole army on the domain of my friends the Ellyls."

[23:18:14] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Nor could I face your main force here..too many..too hot headed..."

[23:18:33] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "The..others agreed to let me go after what I told them...."

[23:18:52] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "And I would like to believe that you...will do the same, for I take huge risks in coming here..."

[23:18:53] @@Myste says, "The others?"

[23:19:22] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Aye...The ones I met at the ruins, in the Ellyl domain, after sending your troops here."

[23:19:32] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I believe they have arrived.."

[23:19:34] @@Jesi says, "That would be us."

[23:19:38] @@Wyleia says, "Aye we have arrived"

[23:19:40] @@Kushti says, "good evening slomean"

[23:19:41] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "And so I know that the words will be known..."

[23:19:49] @@Graham says, "What do you risk? The wrath of Cameran?"

[23:20:18] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I leave to rest to you..but know that you WILL need to stop this madness...For even I was a fool to trust such an insane man..."

[23:20:32] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "The sake of Albion is at hand...and with it, the safety of my land..."

[23:20:42] @@Kushti says, "do you know of the weekness of the roots"

[23:20:52] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I do not have much time..I must leave before he can locate me again..."

[23:21:05] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "No Kushti, Cameran never shared this with me..."

[23:21:13] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "But he was proud of his...Wards.."

[23:21:20] @@Kushti says, "the weekness of the 4rth stage are the roots can you explain further"

[23:21:29] @@Balbor says, "can they be stoped, driven away?

[23:21:34] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "though, he told me about their weakness, and this will hopefully bring his doom..."

[23:21:43] @@Myste says, "What is their weakness?"

[23:21:46] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "My land is not the land of Albion"

[23:21:56] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "And I have my own..plans to follow"

[23:21:58] @@Kushti says, "please explain further so that we may save our fair and beloved land"

[23:22:18] @@Ardwan says, "Tell us the wards's weakness, so we may save both our lands"

[23:22:30] @@Wyleia says, "for we must save albion, hibernia and midgaard will fall too, but we will fall first if we do not stop Cameran"

[23:22:34] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Because who knows what we come once Albion has become a wasted land...controlled by the Demon Lords..under the iron hand of Cameran"

[23:23:05] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I hope we understand each others well...We are all fighting for our realm...even now.."

[23:23:10] @@Myste says, "Slomean...did he mention anything to you....of the price?"

[23:23:22] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "The price...yes.."

[23:23:28] @@

[23:23:30] @@Myste says, "Please....tell me."

[23:24:02] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I....cannot share this here..."

[23:24:10] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "His powers are too great for now..."

[23:24:25] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "But, please..have your friends and brothers protect you.."

[23:24:31] @@

[23:24:32] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "In case the Wards cannot be destroyed..."

[23:24:59] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I doubt the whole army of Albion would be enough...but if the Wards are still active on the Fifth of the ritual..."

[23:25:04] @@Wyleia says, "We Must fight for Albion and stop this 4th ritual.. the 5th ritual will be our doom"

[23:25:11] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Yes Rackor...their roots..junction between two worlds.."

[23:25:28] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "The others here know already, and will...hopefully for Albion...and Hibernia..share their knowledge"

[23:25:41] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "On the fifth...it will be too late..."

[23:25:46] @@Kushti says, "we will share what we know"

[23:26:02] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Good.."

[23:26:29] @@Myste says, "Slomean, do you know if there is a way we can prevent his hold on Graham?"

[23:26:30] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I...hmm..believe I can go now..for I have matters to take care of as well..."

[23:26:49] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "The...pact has been sealed Myste..I cannot do anything for him.."

[23:26:53] @@Kushti says, "can you speak with the hibernians"

[23:27:04] @@Kushti says, "we know not their language"

[23:27:17] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I myself have trouble with yours..."

[23:27:41] @@Graham says, "So I am lost then . . . "

[23:27:42] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "For now, Hibernia has nothing to do with this matter...Albion..is the first target.."

[23:27:46] @@

[23:27:57] @@Myste says, "No more lost than I, dear friend."

[23:28:24] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "May I go freely and unarmed now?.."

[23:28:35] @@Hemorragie says, "yes Slomean"
[23:28:36] @@Soulfly says, "yes you can leave unharmed"

[23:28:38] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "I trust that our..deal will be repsected.."
[23:28:40] @@Lemartes says, "you shall always go unharmed"

[23:28:40] Slomean the Yellow bows.

[23:28:44] @@Myste says, "Slomean, go....but if I ever find you have played us false....you will regret it."

[23:28:50] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "And good luck...defenders of Albion"

[23:29:14] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "And remember, do NOT let the roots spread...for on the Fifth..all will be lost.."

edited.

M

Myshra

i turned up a little late, had to run about and avoid a skald partolling, but when i got there i found a sitting master Vismak. no sloeman, but i gather he was there before? anyway, i know kladen helped kill some elf or something before being wiped out by an army of teg rangers, or something like that.

as the clever person that i am, i logged what i saw, but i got a LOT missing unfortunatly. from what i understand, you killed an elf or something?

Log of encounter of Master Vismak, a red dressed wizard wearing epic robes, loc: by ellyl camp. Guild, group and ambient stuff removed
*** Chat Log Opened: Wed Sep 11 21:52:57 2002
(all times accurate, UK time)
[21:53:00] You target [Master Vismak]
[21:53:00] You examine Master Vismak. He is a member of the Wizard class in your realm.!
[21:53:07] @@Kladen says, "when will he army arise?"
[21:53:07] @@Radi says, "Where must we gather our army?"
[21:53:16] @@Hemorragie says, "we must hurry, will u come to assist us ?"
[21:53:16] @@Master Vismak says, "I believe that the loss of Slomean as an ally may have delayed him a little..."
[21:53:32] @@Jesi says, "That is good news at least."
[21:53:45] @@Hemorragie yells, "let's hurry to Hadrians"
[21:53:51] @@Hemorragie says, "many thanks master"
[21:53:57] @@Master Vismak says, "The Elf was important to him in his plans and he will need to gather his power again"
[21:54:15] @@Wyleia says, "we must stop him before he gathers his power then"
[21:54:18] @@[Guild] Bodzilla: "on his way upto hw"
[21:54:27] @@Jesi says, "and ensure he does not capture the Elf."
[21:54:33] @@Hemorragie says, "as an Albion, help us master"
[21:54:52] @@Radi says, "Master vismak where shall we gather our men?"
[21:54:52] @@Hemorragie says, "fight to our side"
[[21:55:03] @@Kushti says, "Master Vismark, In your opinion will we fail if we doint join forces with Hibernia?"
[21:55:12] Dagitch was just killed by Narve!
[21:55:14] @@Master Vismak says, "Allow me to contemplate our strategy a moment, if you would"
[21:55:20] You sit down. Type '/stand' or move to stand up.
[21:55:26] @@Hemorragie says, "sit down chaps"
[21:55:27] @@<Master Vismak looks thoughtful for a moment>
[21:55:30] @@Jesi says, "But of course."
[21:55:30] @@<Master Vismak murmurs quietly to himself>
[21:55:39] @@Hemorragie says, "we listen master"
[21:55:57] @@Master Vismak says, "Hm......"
[21:56:00] @@Radi says, "Can someone tell me what happened to The elf?"
[21:56:08] @@Radi says, "did he go to the villa?"
[21:56:12] @@Kushti says, "he left my friend"
[21:56:19] @@Siny says, "He changed allegiance, in our favour"
[21:56:21] @@Kushti says, "we dont know where to"
[21:56:27] @@Radi says, "aye but to where, we was told he would go to Hadrians"
[21:56:27] @@Siny says, "before departing"
[21:56:37] @@Mustrum sends, "where abouts sloth?"
[21:56:49] @@Master Vismak says, "He will have gone now... he was but a pawn"
[21:56:50] @@Kladen says, "when will cameran show himself?"
[21:56:50] @@Kushti says, "he said he would not be helping the ritual"
[21:57:30] @@Master Vismak says, "How many rituals have been performed up to now?"
[21:57:35] @@Hemorragie says, "3"
[21:57:36] @@Unywien says, "3"
[21:57:37] @@Mustrum sends, "hehe"
[21:57:42] @@Unywien says, "one left"
[21:57:44] @@Jesi says, "There were 3."
[21:57:52] @@Master Vismak says, "Then I believe there are more to come...."
[21:57:53] @@Hemorragie says, "the 4th must be stopped"
[21:57:56] @@Siny says, "Ward roots were mentions"
[21:57:59] @@Unywien says, "and we need break the seals"
[21:58:14] @@Master Vismak says, "The ward roots? Tell me about the roots and the seals?"
[21:58:24] @@<Siny looks at Hemo>
[21:58:33] @@Unywien says, "well the wards suppose to have a weakness"
[21:58:35] @@<Hemorragie looks at Siny>
[21:58:36] @@You say, "the ward routes protect a set of trees on salisbury plains, accross a brocken bridge"
[21:58:48] @@You say, "3 ghouls of unimaginable size"
[21:58:59] @@Master Vismak says, "and were you told how to breaks them?"
[21:59:14] @@<Hemorragie looks at Siny>
[21:59:26] @@Unywien says, "No if i remember correctley"
[21:59:30] @@Siny says, "i'm afraid not"
[21:59:40] @@Siny says, "but we were told they are the weakness"
[21:59:42] @@Master Vismak says, "Hmm....."
[21:59:44] @@<Master Vismak scribbles in his note pad>
[21:59:46] @@Purificator says, "No, so we are in dire need of any help u can give us"
[21:59:47] @@<Master Vismak looks thoughtful for a moment>
[21:59:49] @@<Master Vismak scribbles in his note pad>
[21:59:51] @@Kushti says, "we were told that the roots were the weakness master visor"
[22:00:02] @@Master Vismak says, "And the seals? What are the seals?"
[22:00:04] @@Siny says, "visor? this isn't camelot dude :)"
[22:00:20] @@Kushti says, "oops"
[22:00:26] @@You say, "Kold we feel needs something from the trees the soul wards guards Master Vismak"
[22:00:53] Galandra was just killed by Narve!
[22:01:02] @@Master Vismak says, "So the roots of the trees must be broken? And this will defeat the wards?"
[22:01:15] Angur was just killed by Narve!
[22:01:16] @@Siny says, "we belive so, to break the ritual"
[22:01:27] @@Master Vismak says, "I must study more, we can do no more this day, I fear...."
[22:01:30] @@Kladen says, "but we cannot pass the wards..."
[22:01:35] Your crystal shield fades.
[22:01:37] @@Purificator says, "We need that, in order to hinder the ritual"
[22:01:37] Your crystal shield fades.
[22:01:41] @@You say, "you mentioned the seals"
[22:01:46] @@Master Vismak says, "We have bought ourselves a little time with the defeat of the Elf"
[22:01:52] @@Master Vismak says, "No, you mentioned the seals"
[22:02:04] @@You say, "these seals from the guard tower in salisbury?"
[22:02:20] @@You say, "i have heard a rumour of such seals, but have yet to see it for myself"
[22:02:32] @@Master Vismak says, "Perhaps...perhaps....I need to think... I must return to the Abbey...."
[22:02:52] @@Radi says, "but what of our aremy"
[22:02:54] @@Siny says, "when shall we proceed master? we have training to attend to"
[22:02:59] @@Radi says, "they sit and wait at Hadraians"
[22:02:59] @@Master Vismak says, "We will have another battle in store, I fear, but not this day.... tonight we may rest easy"
[22:03:25] @@Radi says, "Vismak!!"
[22:03:28] @@Master Vismak says, "I believe that Slomean tricked the army into converging in Hadrians Wall...."
[22:03:39] @@Kladen says, "thank you vicmak"
[22:03:53] @@Hemorragie says, "thanks u master"
[22:03:57] @@Kladen says, "our guilds most be prepared for this army"
[22:04:06] @@Master Vismak says, "I feel that he could not defeat a large army and preferred to face a smaller ...crowd"
[22:04:07] @@Purificator says, "Thank you, Master wizard"
[22:04:08] @@Kushti says, "visor, vicmak, we may get your name right soon...)"
[22:04:09] @@<Master Vismak smiles >
[22:04:26] Kladen salutes Master Vismak.
[22:04:36] @@Master Vismak says, "Wily elves, never trust them, friends,never trust an Elf....."

at which point he ran at the speed of the wind into thin air?? shame i missed the most of it, someone from The 30 might have the full log, and so might kladen if he works out how to retrieve the log here.

A

aethtemplar

I was the fall guy who led the army to Hadrian's when the action was at the Ellyl camp, because Sloeman told my scout to tell us to go there. Other Guilds were pointing out Sloeman was at the Ellyll camp all the way to Hadrian's, but Sloeman had been very clear in telling my scout to get us to go to Hadrian's, and with the Templars Graham and Myste being such central figures in this saga, I figured that it must be right to follow those instructions. I was then the fall guy who told everyone assembled in Hadrian's that it was all over, and nothing was going to happen, because Radi relayed the above conversations with Vismak to me. So you can imagine what kind of a mug I felt when I discovered that Sloeman had subsequently shown up in Hadrian's after half the army had gone.

I know this is an event, and I know that everyone takes their own risks attending these things. But I also know that I put out a call to our allies to come along, and told other Guilds they should too, because I'd been told a big fight was on the cards. I also know that some people left good XP groups, and rode all the way from Lyonesse to get there because of that information. For all those who feel that their time was wasted, all I can do is apologise and say that my time was wasted too, and I - and the Order - was apparently merely a dupe for GOA's event team. I'm not over the moon about it, to be honest. Even if Sloeman did eventually show up, the two bits of misinformation beforehand basically meant a lot of people spent a lot of time gathering at Sauvage, jogging to Hadrian's and then leaving again without getting so much as a sniff of any event at all. I know one group which abandoned a long-planned battleground raid because they believed (encouraged by me) that something big was going to happen. I wouldn't blame some of them for thinking I was taking the piss.

Just to be clear, it was NOT an OoKT event, and if we had been designing it, there's no way we would have dragged 50-odd people the length of the frontier and made them wait for an hour just in order to tell them all to bugger off again, and then actually do something when many have already gone.

Events teams often ask for feedback, so here's some for GOA. This storyline is fine, although you could do with letting a few other people into the subplots, because no more than a couple of Templars have any real idea what's going on with Graham and Myste and so on. I certainly don't. On top of that, while disinformation is all very well, I really don't think it's a good idea to take so much of people's time by encouraging them to think something will happen when actually it won't. I certainly won't be encouraging the Templars, or anyone else, to take part in any event, on the grounds that I think many people tonight felt their time had been wasted, and I'm not willing to look like such an arse again. Tonight effectively turned out to be the boy crying wolf. We know how that story ends.

O

old.Kladen

let me start from the begginning.. if you dont want to know what happened and just what he says go down to the starting of the quotes

Firstly i was with xenon and gang going to do his epic when we got there slomean was there shouting stay away! we cannot enter here! etc...
but we pulled some ellyls anyway and he sent forth all the ellyls in the castle and wiped us.

then he diaspeared and we killed lord.
i went afk and came back and slomean kept spawning at the village with a ring of ellyls and doing some spells then diaspearing and doing it again.

so once i ran down and tried to kill him for killing us earlier i died and he laughed and then shouted noo you have ruined everything! and all teh elylls diaspeared and people (rl peps) came down to talk to him and he said maybe he could cut us a deal and yells in the forest a couple of times (blue text) then suddenly from the NE 25 or so teg rangers poped up along the ridge and he laughed and chuckled saying his friends have come, and we all got 15 arrows in my ass.

then i released (stupid stupid me) and came back and this is what happened when i got back

"His lieutnant may try to stop you but without Antonius citus, and with me retreating in front of his flooy, he will have only a few..."

"On the Fourth they will start to appear..."
"Fifth you will wish you were not born..."

then:

[21:44:36] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Spread the word and warn your friends and brothers."
[21:44:37] Unywien bows to Slomean the Yellow.
[21:44:37] Jesi salutes Slomean the Yellow.
[21:44:37] Kushti bows.
[21:44:41] Rhiryn curtseys to Slomean the Yellow.
[21:44:43] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "For you will need your whole realm in this task."
[21:44:48] Elsyth bows to Slomean the Yellow.
[[21:44:57] Spanky bows to Slomean the Yellow.
[21:45:05] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "May I go freely now? I have done my part..."
[21:45:06] Hemorragie salutes Slomean the Yellow.
[21:45:12] @@Hemorragie says, "please rest"
[21:45:18] @@Kushti says, "please do with our blessing"
[21:45:28] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "Thank you..."
[21:45:38] You point into the distance.
[21:45:47] You target [Slomean the Yellow]
[21:45:47] You examine Slomean the Yellow. He is a member of an enemy realm!!
[21:45:49] You wave to Slomean the Yellow.
[21:46:34] You target [Slomean the Yellow]
[21:46:34] You examine Slomean the Yellow. He is neutral towards you.!
[21:46:36] You wave to Slomean the Yellow.

O

old.Kladen

[edit] big chunk of shite here...

[21:48:05] @@Hemorragie says, "follow us master wizard"
[21:48:10] @@Siny says, "just filled out grp, sorry"
[21:48:17] @@Hemorragie says, "follow us master wizard"
[21:48:20] @@Master Vismak says, "What did you discover, friends?"
[21:48:42] @@Hemorragie says, "we need our help to defeat the evil"
[21:48:48] @@Hemorragie says, "ur help"
[21:48:49] You are no longer auto-following your target.
[21:49:03] @@Hemorragie says, "we go hadrians"
[21:49:08] @@Master Vismak says, "As I suspected, tell me, what did the Elf say to you?"
[21:49:10] @@Siny says, "we believe there is a ritual taking place in Hadrians"
[21:49:30] @@Sandariel says, "hello everyone"
[21:49:43] @@Master Vismak says, "I believe a young warrior named Radi needs your help around here, I feel his death cry"
[21:50:07] @@Diabolus says, "I tried to revive him but he did not respond"
[21:50:08] @@Hemorragie says, "it is done master"
[21:50:19] @@Purificator says, "Done"
[21:50:26] @@Jesi says, "I am trying to find where Radi is."
[21:50:27] @@Master Vismak says, "Thank you, friend. Now tell me what you have discovered"
[21:50:29] @@Radi says, "who spoke to yellow?"
[21:50:44] @@Purificator says, "Hemorragie can explain better"
[21:50:48] @@Siny says, "Hemorragie"
[21:50:59] @@Kushti says, "please let hemorrage do talking pls...)"
[21:51:10] @@Hemorragie says, "Evil is staging a ritusl in hadrians"
[21:51:12] @@Radi says, "Vismak get to the villa"
[21:51:21] @@Hemorragie says, "we must stop it"
[21:51:43] @@Radi says, "There is a large force in Hadrians what shall they do?"
[21:52:15] @@Master Vismak says, "They must prepare themselves for the evil, but I suggest that a great army may be needed there."
[21:52:29] @@Hemorragie says, "shall we gather masses of albions ?"
[21:52:36] Your character has been saved.
[21:52:42] @@Master Vismak says, "You all need to make sure that you have spoken to all..."
[21:52:49] @@Myshra says, "can all guilds please warn sloth the skald is by berks now"
[21:52:51] You stand up.
[21:52:53] @@Siny says, "we are rousing our allies"
[21:52:55] @@Radi says, "We must gather at hadrains?"
[21:52:59] @@Wyleia says, "We must stop Cameran.... before he completes his ritual"
[21:53:10] @@You say, "when will he army arise?"
[21:53:10] @@Radi says, "Where must we gather our army?"
[21:53:19] @@Hemorragie says, "we must hurry, will u come to assist us ?"
[21:53:19] @@Master Vismak says, "I believe that the loss of Slomean as an ally may have delayed him a little..."
[21:53:34] @@Jesi says, "That is good news at least."
[21:53:48] @@Hemorragie yells, "let's hurry to Hadrians"
[21:53:53] @@Hemorragie says, "many thanks master"
[21:54:00] @@Master Vismak says, "The Elf was important to him in his plans and he will need to gather his power again"
[21:54:18] @@Wyleia says, "we must stop him before he gathers his power then"
[21:54:30] @@Jesi says, "and ensure he does not capture the Elf."
[21:54:36] @@Hemorragie says, "as an Albion, help us master"
[21:54:54] @@Radi says, "Master vismak where shall we gather our men?"
[21:54:55] @@Hemorragie says, "fight to our side"
[21:55:06] @@Kushti says, "Master Vismark, In your opinion will we fail if we doint join forces with Hibernia?"
[21:55:17] @@Master Vismak says, "Allow me to contemplate our strategy a moment, if you would"
[21:55:29] @@Hemorragie says, "sit down chaps"
[21:55:29] @@<Master Vismak looks thoughtful for a moment>
[21:55:32] @@Jesi says, "But of course."
[21:55:33] @@<Master Vismak murmurs quietly to himself>
[21:55:42] @@Hemorragie says, "we listen master"
[21:55:59] @@Master Vismak says, "Hm......"
[21:56:03] @@Radi says, "Can someone tell me what happened to The elf?"
[21:56:11] @@Radi says, "did he go to the villa?"
[21:56:15] @@Kushti says, "he left my friend"
[21:56:22] @@Siny says, "He changed allegiance, in our favour"
[21:56:23] @@Kushti says, "we dont know where to"
[21:56:30] @@Radi says, "aye but to where, we was told he would go to Hadrians"
[21:56:30] @@Siny says, "before departing"
[21:56:51] @@Master Vismak says, "He will have gone now... he was but a pawn"
[21:56:53] @@You say, "when will cameran show himself?"
[21:56:53] @@Kushti says, "he said he would not be helping the ritual"
[21:57:33] @@Master Vismak says, "How many rituals have been performed up to now?"
[21:57:38] @@Hemorragie says, "3"
[21:57:38] @@Unywien says, "3"
[21:57:45] @@Unywien says, "one left"
[21:57:46] @@Jesi says, "There were 3."
[21:57:54] @@Master Vismak says, "Then I believe there are more to come...."
[21:57:56] @@Hemorragie says, "the 4th must be stopped"
[21:57:59] @@Siny says, "Ward roots were mentions"
[21:58:02] @@Unywien says, "and we need break the seals"
[21:58:26] @@<Siny looks at Hemo>
[21:58:36] @@Unywien says, "well the wards suppose to have a weakness"
[21:58:38] @@<Hemorragie looks at Siny>
[21:58:39] @@Myshra says, "the ward routes protect a set of trees on salisbury plains, accross a brocken bridge"
[21:58:51] @@Myshra says, "3 ghouls of unimaginable size"
[21:59:02] @@Master Vismak says, "and were you told how to breaks them?"
[21:59:15] You target [Master Vismak]
[21:59:15] You examine Master Vismak. He is a member of the Wizard class in your realm.!
[21:59:17] @@<Hemorragie looks at Siny>
[21:59:29] @@Unywien says, "No if i remember correctley"
[21:59:33] @@Siny says, "i'm afraid not"
[21:59:43] @@Siny says, "but we were told they are the weakness"
[21:59:44] @@Master Vismak says, "Hmm....."
[21:59:46] @@<Master Vismak scribbles in his note pad>

[21:59:48] @@Purificator says, "No, so we are in dire need of any help u can give us"
[21:59:50] @@<Master Vismak looks thoughtful for a moment>
[21:59:51] @@<Master Vismak scribbles in his note pad>

[21:59:54] @@Kushti says, "we were told that the roots were the weakness master visor"
[22:00:05] @@Master Vismak says, "And the seals? What are the seals?"
[22:00:29] @@Myshra says, "Kold we feel needs something from the trees the soul wards guards Master Vismak"
[22:01:05] @@Master Vismak says, "So the roots of the trees must be broken? And this will defeat the wards?"
[22:01:19] @@Siny says, "we belive so, to break the ritual"
[22:01:29] @@Master Vismak says, "I must study more, we can do no more this day, I fear...."
[22:01:33] @@You say, "but we cannot pass the wards..."
[22:01:40] @@Purificator says, "We need that, in order to hinder the ritual"
[22:01:43] @@Myshra says, "you mentioned the seals"
[22:01:49] @@Master Vismak says, "We have bought ourselves a little time with the defeat of the Elf"
[22:01:54] @@Master Vismak says, "No, you mentioned the seals"
[22:02:06] @@Myshra says, "these seals from the guard tower in salisbury?"
[22:02:23] @@Myshra says, "i have heard a rumour of such seals, but have yet to see it for myself"
[22:02:35] @@Master Vismak says, "Perhaps...perhaps....I need to think... I must return to the Abbey...."
[22:02:55] @@Radi says, "but what of our aremy"
[22:02:56] @@Siny says, "when shall we proceed master? we have training to attend to"
[22:03:01] @@Radi says, "they sit and wait at Hadraians"
[22:03:02] @@Master Vismak says, "We will have another battle in store, I fear, but not this day.... tonight we may rest easy"
[22:03:27] @@Radi says, "Vismak!!"
[22:03:30] @@Master Vismak says, "I believe that Slomean tricked the army into converging in Hadrians Wall...."
[22:03:42] @@You say, "thank you vismak"
[22:03:56] @@Hemorragie says, "thanks u master"
[22:03:59] @@You say, "our guilds most be prepared for this army"
[22:04:09] @@Master Vismak says, "I feel that he could not defeat a large army and preferred to face a smaller ...crowd"
[22:04:10] @@Purificator says, "Thank you, Master wizard"
[22:04:12] @@<Master Vismak smiles >
[22:04:39] @@Master Vismak says, "Wily elves, never trust them, friends,never trust an Elf....."
[22:04:52] @@Myshra says, "goodbye"
[22:04:52] @@Kushti says, "wise words m8"

this line is important [22:04:39] @@Master Vismak says, "Wily elves, never trust them, friends,never trust an Elf....."
maybe the evil elf lied again and i expect him to be in the battlefield alongside cameran.

do NOT TRUST THAT ELF!

also you guys dont bitch about wasting your time going up there, we got killed twices coz of slomean.

O

old.Kladen

if any of "the 30" use these forums im sure they knew what slomean said in the time i released and ran back.

all i know is that his army will apear soon and that the trees at the bridge are the key to his weakness

M

Myste

Just in case there are any who do not know

Graham McCaelm of the Templars is linked to Cameran the Third, after accepting a deal from him in a moment of human weakness. Slomean, an ex-lieutenant of Cameran's, says that the pact is sealed and that there is nothing that can be done to break Cameran's grip on Graham.

Graham is permitted to pass the first Soul Ward at the broken bridge on the plains, though he cannot come close to the Sacrificial Veinwoods. When he tried, the trees told him he was too early and that the soul ward should not have let him pass.

Cameran speaks to Graham, often, with a voice that crashes through his soul. If you ever see him clutch his head - chances are that Cameran speaks to him.

How do I know how it feels? He speaks to me too. Apparently I will be his "price". What that means, I do not know...but I doubt that he wishes to whisk me away for a romantic dinner for two in one of Albion's keeps.

One thing is clear - we must find the weakness of the wards and bring them down before the "5th", when, according to Vismack, we will wish we had not been born. Not for my sake, not for Graham's, but for Albion, for it is our sacred realm that will suffer if Cameran's plans come to fruition.

O

old.Kladen

[15:40:16] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "On the fourth part of the ritual, the Wards roots will slowly make a junction between the undead world, and our world."
[15:40:33] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "THESE, are the weakness of the Wards who are protecting the ritual domain."

P

Pixie.Pebr

Last night we saw the ending of the Third of Five.

The heavens wept and the earth bled... and the Third was complete, but yet it is too early.
<sighs heavily>
The roots are the weakness and when they spread, that is when we must act, that is when it must be done. During the Fourth.

This is what have been said thus far.
I wish I knew and could tell you more, but I can not, I must not.
The burden weigh heavy upon my shoulders... the shame... the anger... but it will all come to an ending, in one way or the other.

Yes, the Pact is sealed and there is no turning back, so be wary and watch over her. I do not trust myself enough to come forth as her guardian.

T

Tagetes

Hmmm, lot's of '50's' mentioned in the sig's of those at these events.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern :(

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Tagetes
Hmmm, lot's of '50's' mentioned in the sig's of those at these events.

I think I'm starting to see a pattern :(

Well, you might be right in a sense...
At 50 we wont have to worry about xp, hence being more inclined to drop what we are doing to go check out that thing that just _might_ be something worthwhile.
But for the most part it has to do with being in the right place at the right time and that is pure luck.
And fret not, this is hardly the last ever of events to happen on Pry/Alb :)

K

kemor

I wished to apology to the players who waited a bit in Hadrian's Wall last night.

The reaction to the current events in Albion was far bigger than expected (which is good, don't get me wrong) but the plot & scripts were not designed for this amount of players. In the logic of Slomean, he couldn't possibly face 150ish Albions and hope to get away alive. Therefore, he called for his friends to spread out the army, and then lured the main forces to Hadrian wall as a distraction, hoping to save his head. Once the place was a bit safer for him, the event continued as planned. Later on, He also came to the ones he sent to Hadrian, but most had left (which is part of why he came, in his logic).

It's rare that so many players react to events during the week and, again, I apology for this misjudgement. Lesson learned and I hope that it will not stop players to participate in the coming events...

/bows

P

Pixie.Pebr

Seeing how many people who actually are prepared to rally for something like this, maybe you _should_ let Ol' Gole attack Cotswold, eh? Right? please? ;)

O

old.Aethelstan

Thanks for that official apology Kemor. I'm sorry for letting rip a bit on this thread. Mostly that was because I felt a lot of good people trusted me when I told them to go to Hadrian's and then told them nothig would happen - only to be proved wrong twice ! I got a fair few /sends asking "wtf is going on ?", and I didn't have a clue.

Now I'm calmed down, I will of course continue to encourage Templars to participate in these events. I'm sure we can all learn from this for future events.

O

old.marteeny

the destruction of alb is not designed for a lot of players, oh good.

Good luck to the chosen few on this event.

F

fatgit

Kemor :

As much fun as these events are for those following, could you please ensure that they don't mess the game up for others ?

After camping the ellyl seer spawn for about 6 hours waiting for guildmembers to come online and get there to help me with the 48 epic, they finally arrive JUST as the ellyl's disappear to be replaced by the event :/

We had to sit there for for ages before the seer finally respawned. One member had to leave, and another was about to. If he had gone, I would have had to leave the epic for at least another 24 hours :/

Whilst I applaud the event, a little more planning would be welcome. High level epics often require a lot of organising, especially in the smaller guilds.

Was interesting to watch the event, but would have been more fun if I wasn't stressed out & ranting & raving about how stupid the event team were for ruining a days work & calling GOA all the names under the sun :p

Also grats to Kladen for being the first one to run in and die at the Ellyl camp :p

K

kemor

I'm not sure if there are any "ambiance" places in the realms without anything quest/epic related. The spot was "locked" for about 2 hours max.

This happened before and will happen again i'm afraid.

O

old.Aethelstan

Marteeny, I don't think that's what Kemor said. There are apparently many different parts of this story, and there are small battles and big ones. So the legionnaires which have been running around the plains are very weak, whereas Antonious was an epic-strength beastie. Similarly there's at least one sub-plot which heavily involves Graham and Myste of my Guild. I imagine there's others too. I think the idea is that the people of Albion will co-operate to put the pieces together and then, if and when a final confrontation comes, we'll all be ready to get together. Where last night went wrong was that the initial messages about the scale of the threat were misleading, and resulted in a very large army mobilising which was not needed and resulted in a lot of people not doing much. If anything, our cross-realm co-operation was too good !

I haven't been involved in most of the individual bits of this campaign, and I'm one of the leaders of the largest roleplaying Guild on Prydwen with at least two of our guildmates very heavily involved. So please don't feel excluded. It will always be impossible for everyone to participate personally in every part of every campaign.

On the whole it's great that these events are planned and organised by Kemor and his folks, and they'll improve with practice - both the events team's planning, and our responses.

M

Myshra

im not in ookt or 50, but love a bit of RP, so when theres an event i drop everything and goto it. im lucky to have seen a good proportion of the strange encounters of this story, and i think they are great!

the goa team only need praise for putting on an event of such a grand scale for us, and was one of the most important thing i was looking forward to when i started playing daoc over here.

please dont let 1 part of the event cloud your judgement over the entire story, for today im sure we will need more helpful volanteers(sp?) to help us find the missing clues we need

O

old.marteeny

What I mean is, this event was clear from the start that it would result in the destruction of the whole of alb, not to expect a ton of albs showing up at each stage willing to defend their realm was shortsighted.

But I agree Im sure the planning will improve, if more albs are not involved, then I cant see why people should or would bother to turn up. Events for a few people just make others feel more alienated, we all pay the same to play, sadly we all dont get the same service. I am realistic enough to know that this is impossible without every event just being a big fight which will soon become stale, so I can see why just a few people are directly involved, but it still doesn't taste good.

I dont like moaning after apology so I wont anymore.

V

VidX

Hmm... what is Albions response on seeing an Elf? I know my first response upon seeing an Avalonian would be to stun him/her. Then attack.

Now, the more Albs there are in any one place, the more chance there is of someone being trigger happy and killing an Elf before they actually think. So GOA probably wanted to reduce this chance by only running this stage of the event when there was a small amoutn of people around....

And also, in character...

We will never help you Albions! The destruction of Albion will be welcomed in our great Halls...

Err... wait a sec... I'm a Hib...

OK, we will see what transpires regarding this Slomean issue and, if you do require some help from us, we will consider it... with great suspicion...

/em wonders where Niar has disappeared to and casts a quick pbaoe, just to be sure...

P

- Pathfinder -

I'm a tad tired of the whole storyline, and I havn't even been to all the relevant events :) If there's an interesting battle at the end, I'll come, but waiting for ages for some guy, while listenning to the ramblings of half of Albion does get on my nerves :p

W

wyleia

Originally posted by old.Kladen
[15:40:16] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "On the fourth part of the ritual, the Wards roots will slowly make a junction between the undead world, and our world."
[15:40:33] @@Slomean the Yellow says, "THESE, are the weakness of the Wards who are protecting the ritual domain."

Read my post on http://www.the30.co.uk
Kladen quotes from it here, i got a bit more than most of the others from ellyls, alhto i wish i hadnt ld-ed was planning on writing down more (quote from my log i can see cuz the time on it is american time, the time im on lol not 9pm at nite uk time). people keep asking if we got anything (The 30) and i posted what we got :)

Altho I think its rather funny that there were too many to come to ellyls so they were 'sent' to hadrians wall.. we were telling everyone that stuff was happening at Ellyls and got most of our guild that was online to there since its on way to hw anyways...
As soon as i get photoshop installed have a nice cozy picture of our guildmates and a few others sitting around Slomean... what a place to pick to xp for the day... the poor guys that we were helping xp died when slomean's twegs came through and wiped us all :/ was about 20 of em...

Wyleia
50th Sorc of The 30
http://www.the30.co.uk

ps! Check out our guild auction in the forums section Auction Room on our website! 60+ items up for auction :) raising crafting fundage!

O

old.Revz

It sounds like a nice event. Unfortunately a lot of people (like me) don't have a clue what is going on. It seems a couple of our realm mates who have been involved by the GOA event team from the start are clued up on it but the rest of us are fumbling in the dark. If someone could explain everything we know from start to finish succinctly and without quoting large chat logs it might help :)

M

Myshra

hmmm..... well.... ill try to patch some holes

first thing i remember was the fisherman in lyonesse, but i never saw this incident at all

kyla appears at the entrance to LB

cameran, or something like him, a cabalist i think, is spotted in mithra.

strangers appeared in cornwall, cam hills and avalon marsh (i think) speaking various things, norse in appearance, carrying norse weaponry. you could kill them (approx level 35) and when killed, a faction called " a dark force" appeared.

there was a couple of incidents i think around here that i cant remember at all, but it kicked off a little bigger 2 weeks ago on salisbury plains.

a prophet also appeared on the plains, declaring the end of the world amongst other stuff, he can still be found south of WD rambling on.

kold also appears around this time near DF entrance, kyla dissappears.

cameran the third spawned a big monster on the salisbury plains, who was then defeated, then a zombie came upto us speaking of the pain cameran had put him through, he said cameran was mortal, which is interesting among other stuff, and wished to be put out of his misery so graham killed him.

Next thing to happen i think was the Troll event where a ringmaster was taking bets, alas i never saw this as well.

then it really all kicks off this week :)

Monday night soul wards are spotted at the broken bridge, someone slays the event mob and apparently the first ritual is complete. bit bizarre that bit, i never got it. the soul wards are protecting 3 Trees on the otherside of the bridge.

Tuesday night a guy in HW spawns who is killed and drops some letters, which need to be deciphered. thorn takes the letters to catacombs to find someone to translate, also no one is found that night.

im not really sure what happened next, but i think master vismak was found in the abbey, and told people to go see sloeman at the ellyll camp, that could be really wrong though.

somewhere around here poor graham, only human after all, accepts a deal of some kind with cameran and is possessed

if i remember rightly, graham is now allowed to pass the first soul ward, in the deal with cameran but was told that when he did it, this was not hte correct time. is graham going to seal the fate of albion?

kalden and co come to ellyll camp completely unaware of this though, and see an elf performing a ritual, which they spoil it seems, and for revenge he creates a teg rover army to kill them all. sloeman then sends the rest of them to HW or something (gets blurry around here, i wasn't on for this part) and so they all goto HW

meanwhile me and gasmajam are told by kladen, Master Vismak has come to the ellyll camp, so we sit down and he chats for a while, about the soul wards, and a few bits an pieces (see kladens log). Sloeman then spawns in HW at the house again warning people (see other log).

the whole thing is based around a ritual of 5 parts, which will link ( i think) the underworld to the world we enjoy, by the linking of the roots of the trees on the other side of the bridge, and thus bringing about the destruction of albion. os far, parts 1 - 3 have been completed, and the chance of stopping the ritual comes about tonight, the fourth ritual, so everyone get ready for some fun tonight. on the day of the 5th ritual apparently im gonna wish i wasn't born, so to be honest.. id rather stop the bad guy soon ;)

meanwhile, ive probably missed 3 events, and only got about 60% of this right. feel free to correct me, i know some of this is definatly shaky and needs filling in. sorry for the non rp nature of this post, but it would be too long and tough to summarise in that sorta nature

summary:

cameran the third = bad guy
sloeman = ex member of camerans army
master vismak - doesn't trust sloeman, researcher from the abbey
utilus (the guy from HW on tuesday) - seems to think cameran deserted him for someone else's help, he controlled the undead armies it seems.
end of the world if the 5th ritual happens
soul wards = camerans protecters of the trees whos roots will lead the gateway to the underworld.

hope it helps.

M

Myste

Actually

Even those of us with what you might call a "part" to play, know no more than you do or what has been written here. We have no access to privileged information and we're not holding anything back from our realm mates. Neither are we main focus of the plot; as far as I see it, we are hooks to exciting, interactive elements of sub plot.

No one is prevented from becoming involved.

As for summarising things succinctly, the trouble is that a lot of different people and guilds have little bits of the story. I don't think any one person really does know all of it so far. As our understanding is fragmented....so the information is. Half the fun is in piecing it together and making 2 and 2 equal 5.

Now someone prove me wrong and post everything here succinctly! <grins>

Oh and....I'm not possessed. I'm perfectly sane and normal and don't have the same problem as Graham at all. See my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread