Even More Excal Problems!

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by svartmetall
Right...so what do we DO about this?

There isnt much you can do about it, opentransit is backbone seller. (they sell bandwith to isp's ect).
I highly doubt they will give a damn if a few people complain to them.

The big question is who is opentransit their customer?
It could be that NTL buys bandwith on their backbones, then letting NTL know there is a problem would be a good thing to do
GAO could be a customer of opentransit aswell (since they seem to know when opentransit will do work on their lines the chance is pretty big)
Sending them a rightnow ticket would be a good idee, but there isnt much they can do about it except complain to opentransit.

I think the situation is as follows:

GOA buys bandwith from wanadoo, who buys bandwith from opentransit

btw if you want to see the opentransit network go http://www.opentransit.francetelecom.com/MS_Bandwidth/ms_bandwidth_network.asp

and click on the animted gif in the lower midle of the page

Y

yorkforce

me too

NTL Cable here also, logged in about midday with the same problem, lag spike galore.

Gonna check now to see if its cleared up yet

L

linika

Same using NTL cable and it is mega lag spike after 12<midday>

:'( i went ld on the door at hlid :'(

Y

yorkforce

still bad

Got about 15 mins of laglessness, appears problem is back as of 4pm

X

xtci

was grped with a m8 earlier about 11am in DF
he is on NTL dialup and he kept goin LD every 30 secs.
Pretty much what happened was he logged on got in grp with me he pulled and i ran like a bastard as he had gone LD :D

D

darbey

Originally posted by Sibanac
There isnt much you can do about it, opentransit is backbone seller. (they sell bandwith to isp's ect).
I highly doubt they will give a damn if a few people complain to them.

The big question is who is opentransit their customer?
It could be that NTL buys bandwith on their backbones, then letting NTL know there is a problem would be a good thing to do
GAO could be a customer of opentransit aswell (since they seem to know when opentransit will do work on their lines the chance is pretty big)
Sending them a rightnow ticket would be a good idee, but there isnt much they can do about it except complain to opentransit.

I think the situation is as follows:

GOA buys bandwith from wanadoo, who buys bandwith from opentransit

btw if you want to see the opentransit network go http://www.opentransit.francetelecom.com/MS_Bandwidth/ms_bandwidth_network.asp

and click on the animted gif in the lower midle of the page

Think you will be surprised with opentransit server admins they r alot more knowledgeable and helpful than the ntl lot. They were most helpful last time i had a problem with ntl and called me back at home several times to help. Oh and they speak better english than most people on daoc.

Cant be arsed to look for it but if you search on ntl and look for the last thread in the technical board concerning ntl problems with the camelot servers it will give u numnbers to call , tools to use etc . In the end it was an ethernet problem between the a and b side of the renfrew router.
I got 3 months refund on my broadband so its worth pursuing

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by choonz
Been running a continuous ping on www.goa.com. At first it was very lossy, but it seems to have cleared up now so try logging in imo.

We should all do this..

manually dos the servers ;-P

I hope that continual ping is set with a high delay...

G

Gethin

This problem may still be occuring, i lag almost constantly upon logging in and get booted every 15 mins or so, losing connection to the server. It has been like that for the last 2-3 days

Any other NTL users still encountering Lag\LD problems.

A

acei

I think almost all the people playing DAOC are having lag/LD issues ever since GOA made their "fixes" to Excalibur :(

Users who are viewing this thread