EVE- The positive sides.

O

old.Tohtori

I'm torn. And since i'm that way it's hard to type with one hand on the coffee table but i'd like to hear from people who have had good experiences with EVE and to tell what they like about it.

I don't want to hear why DAoC is better then EVE or why i should spend my hard earned fishsticks on Planetside(even though i know this thread is going to turn into FGvsFG battle between the preverbial sexes)

So..in a nutshell... give pro's of EVE.

Thanks.

O

old.Tohtori

Oh come on...

There has to be -some- positive sides on the game...

This is ridicilous :p

S

Sarum TheBlack

It prepares you well for a career in asteroid mining?

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack

or anything repetitive in fact

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack

looking like Largo means talking like him...
you clearly need more practice...

to answer Seels question...
the Avatar creation is awesome...
I think I spend hours just getting the angle of my head right...

S

Sarum TheBlack

Oh yeah... avatar creation is cool.

Shame you've done the most fun bit of the game by the time you start playing it :rolleyes:

I have been talking like Largo elsewhere Bels ;)

New Avatar in the works.. watch this space ;)

G

Garaen

It kept me busy for 6 day's. The first few days the game is quite alot of fun, but after you have bought your first fighting ship (around 300k worth) and gone hunting pirates for an hour or so, you think "What next?" go back to mining to pay for my Cruiser (Millions of Isk and fight the same pirates in a lower sector?). I feel as if i have done everything the game has to offer, and there really is'nt an addictive quality to the game. (You skill up by selecting the skill you want and it does it for you in Real time).

DAoC kept my wanting to stay on, i would always be after another level, or after this special item. Eve just does'nt have anything like that.

/rant

I agree Avatar creating is very good :)

O

old.LandShark

The real question is, is Corp v Corp PvP kicking off, or is it just not happening? No-one expected asteroid mining to be more exciting in the real game than it was in the beta...

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Nightchill
or anything repetitive in fact

Yes but enough about how boring xping is in DAoC and how RvR is the same old boring shit running between mg's in emain. He asked about Eve, which is a lot better than DAoC.

Already are a few pirate corps killing miners and several people have 1,000,000+ bounties on their heads, which in turn has seen a couple of bounty hunter corps made.

Lots of mining/sales corps are now selling cruisers cheaper and cheaper every day and as a result this will give a lot better technologies to people and thus the corporation wars will start.

It's not like after 2 weeks there were lots of lvl 50's RvRing in DAoC were there? don't bother trying to argue as I was there and RvR just didn't exist on any notable level for about 2 months apart from the odd keep take attempt that took like 50 lvl 30 people to do.

It's a young game, it's not for everyone but it has been much better implemented than DAoC ever was, and the customer support is actually quite useful.

It may not be for everyone and may not even hold my attention for a great deal of time, but then neither did DAoC, and the main reason I stayed with that for the time I did wasn't because of the game, it was because I had a great guild and it was fun chatting to them.

V

Validus

should i bother with eve or just get freelancer?

T

Tilda

gfx are nice.
charachter cration is awesome.
its a great mining simulation ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom