Evade

G

Gold-i2

Wow, a month ago that would have been news!

A

Arnor

and its also a bogus test, dex has an effect on evade.

W

wylf

just a thought, might be wrong but...

since dex is higher, he blocks more and parries more in the test.
so, theres only that much ammount of hits, thus, be blocks more and parrise more since higher dex, that leaves "less" hits to evade. so, that gives him a lower precentage.

might it be that he blocked and parried so much he didnt accualy "have" to evade...

just my thoughts....
might be wrong....

A

akula

Did the same test with my shadowblade / shaman combo. First test was done without buffs. My blade has 182 dex / 136 quick and dodger 2.

100 swings (hit or evade)
48 evades
52 hits

Second test was with a dex buff increasing it to 244.
52 evades
48 hits

quoted from VN (Grimsword)

and the mythic team lead says
The first test has a margin of error of (.292)(.708)/sqrt(264-1) => +/- 1.27% per confidence interval. Three confidence intervals is 99% certainty the actual evade chance is within +/- of 1.27% x 3, or, 29.2% +/- 3.81% for this scenario.

The second test has a margin of error of (.276)(.724)/sqrt(272-1) => +/- 1.22% per confidence interval. Three confidence intervals is 99% certainty the actual evade chance is within +/- 1.22% x 3, or 27.6% +/- 3.66% for this scenario.

That means the two probability curves overlap by a large amount. If we go down to two confidence intervals, they still overlap by a good amount. If we go all the way down to one confidence interval, we still have overlapping probability curves.

If DEX has an effect upon Evade, it's damn hard to detect. For all practical purposes, it's small if it exists at all.

can live with that, as a frikkin kobbie sb:/

agree with wylf tho, using a BM kinda pointless as it doesn't show true evade count, doing it with NS/infil/SB would be an accurate count

G

Gold-i2

I believe a few people did tests with an infil/sb/ns.

Can't bother to read through that thread again, but a few pages in, I think someone posted their results. And no, dex had no influence there either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom