Evade and parry, which is checked first? Evade formula?

J

jsiv

Hi folks, I'm quite new to this forum so bear with me here if this is common knowledge.

I've recently made a friar and made it to lvl 20 so far. Currently at Evade III and 7+4 parry I think.

First of all I'd like to know which is checked first when you're attacked. Another thing I was wondering about is if anyone has the exact formula to calculate your chance to evade. I read somewhere that it's basically 5% per level evade with minor differences depending on your dex and the level of the attacker or something. "About" 5% per level just doesn't cut it for me :)

I've been watching my evading over a period of time and it seemed to me that I evade WAY more than 15%, but that could of course just be coincidence.

Enlighten me.

Regards,
Siv

G

grebneklaf

This is the best description ive found yet about evade works.

Originally posted by Trinilim
cap works like this:

((dex+quick)/2 -50)/10 + evade#*5 + dodger#*3 = your % of evade.

Now after this number is calculated in, another formula is done (one which I don't know atm :\) involving the opponent's weapon skill, the number of opponents, and how many weapons they hold.

So if by the above formula you get 70% evade, you'll keep that 70%. And then when everything else is factored in, if you still have, let's say, 60% evade, it's then capped down to 50%.

It doesn't cap right away, IE: doing the above formula and getting 70%, then capped down to 50, then factor in weapon skill and etc.

taken from this tread: http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=69653

Now this said from my personal eksperience there seems to be some factor from mobs in it, noticed a fair difference in equal con mobs. Usually the slower the mob seems to be the more i seem to evade. Then again this is just my hunch, nothing i have ever really tested.

B

belth

Nobody has the "final" formula for evade :|

Parry comes before Block, but that's all I remember about the order of defenses :p

G

grebneklaf

Think parry comes before evade to, now that we are talking about it.

S

Silenzio

damn parry looks rlly fat :)

sad thing all the styles with parry as opener r in 2h and dw spec uff

Y

Yussef

I would assume Evade comes first, as you do not need to spec in it.

I

ilienwyn

I think it is parry, block, evade, pbt. But someone get Pin to give the answer :D

J

jsiv

Seems it's evade, block, parry then.

Thanks for the replies guys, so no one has that second formula that uses the opponents weapskill?

C

catalina

Evade is 1st for sure,

Parry, then Block

Tested with 42+13 shield and 32+8 parry on my pala against an even con mob i parried roughly 75% more than i blocked.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by catalina
Evade is 1st for sure,

Parry, then Block

Tested with 42+13 shield and 32+8 parry on my pala against an even con mob i parried roughly 75% more than i blocked.

thats the problem ;P

hig spec in shield and so hard to land a block opening style thihih

P

Pin

Whatever you do... Don't ask Sanya.

Short and Sweet Friday Grab Bag
from Sanya Thomas
2002-02-01

Q: What is the resolution order of attacks and blocks?

A: First, the game checks to see if the enemy would have even hit you. (Bladeturns, damage shields, etc all fall into this step.) Next, the game checks to see if you evaded the attack. If you don’t evade, the game checks to see if you parried the attack. If you don’t parry, you get a chance to block if you’re equipped to do so. After all that, the game tells you how much damage you took. This is how it works – the lead programmer just looked directly at the code to be absolutely certain. Short version – the checks are hit/miss, evade, parry, block.
It's Grab Bag Time!
from Sanya Thomas
2002-07-19

Q: Another combat resolution question for you – where does Guard/Intercept happen in the order of resolution?

A: At the very beginning, since the “real” first event in a resolution chain is “Hit = yes/no.”
Early Grab Bag
from Sanya Thomas
2003-02-27

Q: Is the correct Order of Resolution in combat definitely Evade, Parry, Block (Shield), Guard, Hit/Miss, and then Bladeturn?

A: Yes.

(There were actually at least 2 other orders given by Mythic, but I can't find them atm :( )

Anyway, I believe it is Evade->Parry->Block->Guard->Hit/Miss... Then if Miss->Fumble. If Hit->Bladeturn/Intercept

(Only part I am not sure on is if Intercept is before or after Bladeturn)

J

jsiv

Ok Pin, since people seem to respect your knowledge, I will too. Thanks for the info.

Now who is this...Sanya that you speak of and where is that q&a located?

O

old.BJ|Bored

He makes it all up, but writes in complex sentences so you all believe him.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
He makes it all up, but writes in complex sentences so you all believe him.

I should work in PR :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom