Eurovision

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Can't believe we didn't get single vote.

Would have thought that at least the Israeli's would have given us un point <runs and hides>

And, for shame to you Spaniards and Dutch people for not voting for us even though you leach our DAoC servers <points finger of woe>... and all the rest!

P.S. I am the oracle, I knew Turkey would win right from when they sang their song at the beginning. All bow down in reverence!

O

old.tRoG

Austria was clearly the best!

I'm still laughing :)

T

thegreatest

Turkey's show was absolutely nice to watch and hear, IMO they deserved it :)

oh and Austria, omg what a shame :D But as u can see it works, they were in top 5 most of the times till end :)

T

the_smurflord

UK getting no points - two reasons
1) Crap song, deliberabtly crap as we found out how bloody expensive it is to host it when we won a few years ago.
2) Being very unpopular in the rest of Europe after the whole Iraq affair.

Interesting, though not surprising, to see that Tatu really cannot sing live at all. Sounded like cats being strangled.

S

SFXman

Eurovision is the biggest load of crap I can think of. Getting no points... who gives a shit.

B

Belsameth

the britys are a silly bunch of tits...
ofcourse the proud nation of holland didn't vote for you...

Z

Zill

Our entry was utter crap, let's be honest, although even by Eurovision standards I'm surprised we didn't pick up a few points. But as Smurflord mentioned, politics always seems to play a part in the way certain countries vote, so maybe the war in Iraq was a contributing factor as to why we finished up with 'nil point'.

J

Jonaldo

Didn't watch it but everyone pretty much knew we were going to get hardly anything (or absolutely nothing as it turned out) due to politics and us not being too popular around Europe at the moment.

N

Novamir

Originally posted by the_smurflord
UK getting no points - two reasons
1) Crap song, deliberabtly crap as we found out how bloody expensive it is to host it when we won a few years ago.
2) Being very unpopular in the rest of Europe after the whole Iraq affair.

Interesting, though not surprising, to see that Tatu really cannot sing live at all. Sounded like cats being strangled.

duh? not entering single currency? :) most of europe hated us before the iraq thing ;)

T

Teh Krypt

We had a little contest in #daoc.prydwen .. most people guessed who would give the points to who.

Its really a WhoHasTheMostFriends Award..

O

old.SadonTheGrey

That can only be true to some extent though, or else how would Turkey win? :p In Turkey's case I think it was just a damn good song <goes off to search for video on KaZaA>

E

Ekydus

It is a shame that Eurovision is about nothing much more than politics now... it means crap songs like Turkey win. :m00:
Terry Wogan said it best with the line, along the lines of : "Nil Point - Now we see here in the UK we don't understand what the rest of Europe like and how much they don't like us..."

O

old.tRoG

Did anyone hear the interview they gave the Austrian guy, later?

rofl :D

This guy is my idol.

S

SFXman

I didn't watch the show.
Just interested as to if TATU did something interesting on stage?

K

klavrynd

lesbian or not lesbian , the brownhaired girl looked totally hot

S

SFXman

Well maybe so. But did they do anything drastic?

E

Ekydus

The brunette from TaTu will look really good standing next to that blonde one...

O

old.job

Small question..
Russia ok cos technically part of Russia is European

But Israel????????
How do they get in the Eurovision song contest?

We should in invite Palestine, maybe it's a major sticking point in the Middle East road map.

J

Jiggs

we are england

from the england

no one likes us

we dont care

LALALA

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Can't believe we didn't get single vote.

Why cant you?

for a start, our band came outta no where, Gemini, some newbie band NO-ONE had heard of.

They song sucked so badly i had to turn off top of the pops when it came on.

They looked like some trippy 80s pop band.

they plainly had a shite song title, "cry baby" whooo thats gonna win the eurovision.

i think the board that selects the band for our country shopuld get its head out of its arse and smell the coffee, you dont go selecting the newest band think "oh a breath of fresh air lets use them!!"

T

Tobold

two good things about that eurovision

1) teh fit latvian presenter
2) terry wogan's commentary (ah parrots, taste just like chicken)

P

[PS]Nova

2) terry wogan's commentary.. yes. totally. He was such a sarky bastard, it was amazing. Just totally made it for me.

First time I ever watched it, because we had friends round that wanted to, and I actually enjoyed it. Although I didn't want Turkey to win, I can see why they did.

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Ekydus
it means crap songs like Turkey win. :m00:

FYI, Turkey has won the songfestival for the first time in his whole history :eek:

D

Damon_D

EKKKKK and EEEKKKKK not seen that shit since I was 14 years old..its the lowest form of music..I'll rather listen to sheep fart..even if it was smelly TV....

G

g0ldenbone

Yeah watched it with some mates. Tried to extrapolate the current european political landscape from the results.. Came to realise that Britain aint that popular at the moment , which evidences the fact that the european media has had a field day with us Yankie loving warmongers.

It was hilarious though, the UK entry was so badly sung out of key it was hard to even believe. They were claiming in the papers today that their monitors were faulty.. I say Bullshit, they just cant sing worth a monkeys.

Its also like watching an entire football season unfold over the space of a few hours, top fun. We were rooting for the UK to get no points right through.. then we find out that theres no relegation for them (unlike in previous years when the last placed country dropped out. e.g. Italy). What a dissapointment.

And how did the Austrian entry get any votes whatsoever? He was like Timmy Mallet on crack for gods sake. And the winners song was unrecognisable from that Holly Valance one.

I reckon they should make the coverage interactive though, like on sky sports. With all the stats at yer fingertips it'd be even better :)

Long live Eurovision, and Terry Wogan :)

edit: Any Austrians reading this by the way? What were the other contenders for the Austrian nomination? My mind boggles at the loosers of 'A song for Austria'

P

- Pathfinder -

FYI, Israel is included in all European competitions due to a political decision, basically dating back to the creation of the state. Why? Well, as far as they are concerned, they are Westerners - they have nothing in common with the surrounding Arabic states, and there's little love lsot between them. Geographically Israel lies in Asia, not Europe, but politically it strives towards us :p

As for Britain's entry, well, I've not seen anything quite that bad for a long time (and I watched some episodes of Fame factory oO). Though how people could vote for Austria puzzles me greatly oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom