Euro version of DAoC purchase

O

old.Glendower

Bah!

Amazon.uk refuses to ship the Euro version of DAoC to the USA.

Anyone out there know where I can get it?

Thanks.
Glendower

O

old.Nim

Sorry - I picked mine up when I was actually over in the UK. Hope someone can help you though.

P

Psy|:m00:

I suppose you could try ebaying it, no garantee they'll send to the US though

O

old.Spanjab

What is the appeal of playing on a UK server from the US? Not flaming just curious..

O

old.Krypt0r

hmm, u can play on US servers with daoc euro game if u change update.dat so i asume u can play euro servers on US game changeing update.dat .....

-
Krypt0r

O

old.0xygen

Glend played in the euro beta with his wife but stopped once it went live. Guess he misses us ;p

O

old.tRoG

or he has realised that in about a month or so we will have everything that the us have, excluding in-game CSR but including events.

plus we don't have all those annoying americans.

...we have annoying spaniards :p

O

old.Tzeentch

Glendower's playing time will tie in with primetime over here, and he knows a bunch of us from beta.. afaik he has not been playing US in the first place.

S

Son

http://www.gameplay.com have it, not cheap , £18.99, but they deliver to US.

QUOTE: Gameplay ships internationally to the following countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Eire, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Italy, Japan, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA.

Postage to the United States, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and Australia will be charged at £8 per order.

I will keep looking for you to see if I can find it cheaper.

A

Alrindel

To play on the US servers, I bought an unused CD-KEY on ebay from someone who had the game but had never played it. I paid by paypal, and he e-mailed me the CD-KEY. He didn't need to ship the CD itself because I already had the game installed. Last time I checked ebay.co.uk for "daoc" to see who was selling their characters (naughty, naughty) I saw two copies of the game CD for sale. Perhaps you could do it that way.

T

timbro

whats this about chaging updat.dat or whatever i really want to play on us servers tell me how!

O

old.Krypt0r

dfs

ops lol i was half asleep when i posted that ok start again:

If you have euro daoc CD, you can download US patchs, but you still need a US account to play US servers.

To download patchs once you have a US account change the update.dat by pasteing...

Mythic Patch
208.254.16.35:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.36:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.140:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.141:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.142:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.143:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat
208.254.16.144:1280/updates/camelot/mpatch.dat

that should do it. :m00:

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.Glendower
Bah!

Amazon.uk refuses to ship the Euro version of DAoC to the USA.

Anyone out there know where I can get it?

Thanks.
Glendower

Yay! glen! we miss you! :)

Somebody get this man a copy! now! ;)

O

old.Glendower

THANKS!

Hey! Thanks a lot you guys!

I am not familiar with auctiions and what-all, so I just ordered them from gameplay. I am afraid to look at the conversion rates on my credit card with our economy in the crapper as it it is at the moment, LOL!

Yes, we like Euro players. Interesting folk and a fresh perspective. Aye, the time thing is nice too ;)

The game seems to be evolving well.

Trianna and I will be playing on Excalibur in Hibernia as the characters we had in Beta (Warden and Druid).

We have missed you all and look forward to seeing you in 4 weeks or so (as that is the expected delivery according to the company).

:clap:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmmm... your spelling seems to be just fine...

How come you want to play on Ekswalipur, home of the 1337?

O

old.Glendower

Because that is the server we played on in Beta, and most of the folk we know are still there :)

H

Hatjitjai

OMG

Glendower is coming back? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Firbolg tank if i recall it correctly...?

H

Hatjitjai

ow look what i found

[20:11:03] Cailin attacks Glendower with his scimitar!
[20:11:04] Stt casts a spell!
[20:11:04] Trianna attacks Stt with her sickle!
[20:11:07] Fluff casts a spell!
[20:11:07] You perform your Reflect perfectly!
[20:11:07] You attack Glendower with your sword and hit for 14 (-2) damage!
[20:11:07] Glendower attacks you with his mace!
[20:11:07] You are hit for 122 damage.
[20:11:07] Hatjitjai was just killed by Glendower!

O

old.Glendower

LOL! :D

Actually, I was a warden and Trianna a druid.

I hear they changed the damage calcs on weapons and level differences too ;)

Look forward to seeing you all again soon. I downloaded the patches using the old Beta client, so now just awaiting the CD keys.

Something I really enjoyed about Beta was that toward the end, many in opposing realms logged on characters in Hib to tell Trianna and I how much fun they had playing with us (which gave us an opportunity to express our regard as well). Many folk are great sports and never lose sight of the idea that the purpose of a game is to have FUN.

Of course, one always runs across one's share of pricks (i.e. mocking, disrespectful cowards) as well, and the key is not to let those few sour you on the whole affair. :clap:

H

Hatjitjai

dont get to excited about the game it is now...beta days ruled.
at the start of release ppl went their own ways.showed their selfish colours and ignored the "friend" they had in beta..well those days are over for god sakes,but there server is getting packed,the more ppl the more ego's...well dont want to spoil ur joy of returning..im glad one of my enemies i enjoyed playing with returns :) it can only be a good thing for the server to have some nice players from beta back in the game :clap:

O

old.Glendower

sounds awful

At least I dont have to worry too much about crowding. It is fairly easy for me to get on and play when the server is low population since I am in the US.

What you describe is no worse than what I have put up with in EQ for the last few years, so I wont be too bothered by it. Also, in this game, you cant really be "KSed" (have your kills taken) very easily, and the quest items drop for all in a group...thus lessening the competitive factor.

There are still enough nice folk that I dont anticipate much difficulty in getting reestablished. Now that you all have learned to play so well, I fear Trianna and I will be a liability for some time until we can learn all the tricks.

Thanks again for posting the log. Trianna just had back surgery a bit ago, so any laughs she gets are great medicine!

P

- Pathfinder -

Didn't you use to troll the old GOA boards on how crappy the Warden damage was? ;) Still nice to see some of the old BETA people coming back, apart from Hoth and Balnor you and your missus are the only Hibs I remember :p

S

Solid

Bah dont go Excal, come Prydwen, thats where all the fine folsk and the real communti is.

Hib/Pryd is a great choice for a realm, take a Middies word on that :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

We are all children eating lunatics on Hib/Pryd. ;)

V

VidX

Come to Hib/Pryd!

It's far more fun, loadsa RP's from silly Albs/Mids to go round :)

O

old.Glendower

hahahah!

Thanks for the invites, but most of the folk we played with are on Excalibur =)

Yes, I bitched long and hard about many things with the game, and GOA, whom I regard as incompetent, egocentric bunglers with few skills and poor commitment. Mythic seems to have picked up a lot of slack and actually fixed a lot of what I didnt like about the game.

Wardens will be getting an upgrade in the next patch or two along with the other hybrids ;)

As i said when I was doing all the bitching, "it will take 6 months to a year to get this game in shape"..and LO! here it is at 8 months ;) The fixes to hybrids should be in in about 2-3 more, so I was close.

P

- Pathfinder -

IMO Wardens needs to feel the nurf stick of doom, but we all have our opinions :m00:

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom