Euro News

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

Technical maintenances and GORRE status
[07-30-2002]

As announced in the last Friday news, we are taking down the servers this week to do some technical maintenances:

Prydwen will come down tomorrow morning (July 31st) at 9am BST (10am CET) and will stay down for 3 hours.

Excalibur will come down Thursday morning (August, 1st) at 9am BST (10am CET) and will stay down for 3 hours.

To finish; some news about GORRE:
The tests are going pretty fast. Tomorrow, GORRE will be patched to the German version, using Avalon database. On Thursday, GORRE should be patched to the English version, using Excalibur database. This may change of course, depending on how the tests go.

European DAoC Team

hopefully 1.49 live in 2 weeks :) also with that BIG downtime for server updates maybe this is final update before the large event they have planned :)
:clap: :clap:

K

kalgarn

and even some more news today:

the 1.49 is coming fast!
[08-01-2002]

All the tests we did so far on GORRE went perfectly, we are still planning to patch all servers before August, 15th.
In order to have a smooth patch day, we will put a first client patch on our patch servers tomorrow. Do not be surprised if you find yourself downloading 9Mb of art files on your next connection. This patch contains most of the new skins, textures, monster models, etc. You may notice some slowdowns when connecting to the patchers tomorrow, and we highly recommend avoiding the patch servers at peak hours tomorrow (7pm to 11pm).

The rest of the patch (around 7Mb) will be for the patch day :)

well,it seems to go good.let's hope we don't have any probs anymore :)

C

[Cerebus]

What happens if EVERYBODY avoids patching between 7pm and 11pm?

Surely that would make it the best time to patch?

Good news on the updates though, nice to see things rolling well.

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
What happens if EVERYBODY avoids patching between 7pm and 11pm?

Surely that would make it the best time to patch?

Good news on the updates though, nice to see things rolling well.

Most people are going to be impatient to get on it aren't they? ;)

O

old.tRoG

I'm gonna be up at 6am, connecting to the patch server over and over and over and over and over and over again. I WILL BE THE FIRST MIDGARIAN INTO DF!

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

O

old.Krusha

have to take a keep by yourself tho ;)

iirc the keeps will be reseted and that would mean that DF is cloed to all .. that is IIRC (so dont quote me on it ;))

O

old.mystah_e

I want to be the first to gank u all and have u whine about it after......

<mystaeee gets out of bed and dusts his well used bow, puts his red underpants over his studded leggings and shouts its gankin time, cmon nerf boy we got work to do.....>

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by old.Krusha
have to take a keep by yourself tho ;)

iirc the keeps will be reseted and that would mean that DF is cloed to all .. that is IIRC (so dont quote me on it ;))
I hadn't heard that. I think they will just put the old Gorre-Excalibur db on and fire it up. And IIRC hibs had lost crim on gorre because 7 of us went and tried to take it back, but we couldn't do it. :p

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by Alrindel

I hadn't heard that. I think they will just put the old Gorre-Excalibur db on and fire it up. And IIRC hibs had lost crim on gorre because 7 of us went and tried to take it back, but we couldn't do it. :p

my mistake.. thought we wer talking aboutr when Exc actually gets patched =)

A

Alrindel

Well, I was wrong, apparently, because when they put the Avalon database on Gorre it was a recent transfer, so they will probably do the same thing with Excalibur. But I still had not heard that there were any plans to reset the keeps: I think whoever has the most keeps just before patch day will find the Darkness Falls gate open when the patch is done. If we are tied then all gates will be closed.

O

old.Krusha

I cant find that note either so ill leave it to be seen when we get 1.49 ;).

Doesnt matter really since everyone will be so eager to get into DF that the RvR PingPong will increase.. take back your keeps take one enemy keep go to DF, Enemy takes back keep and one of your keeps comes to DF and attacks you. Rinse and repeat, bring the pie.

There will always be the new epic quests, looking forward to those:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom